2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet he just kicked two goals in the last quarter to help win the game.:cool:

Priddis isn't the problem, he plays his role and busts his gut each and every week.
One in the back that wasn't there.

And a roundhouse slap that was a St Kilda mistake.

But play it up like Sir Ploddus is the second coming of Christ.

You must be easily satisfied.

everyone just knows our game plan and how to stop gaff, shuey getting a run on which made us successful last year

Yep the day they stopped tagging Priddis and started tagging Gaff we lost forward momentum with quality. Opposition realised Gaff was much, much more dangerous with the ball than Priddis.

Not sure how we address Gaff getting tagged off the wing.

Yep the day they stopped tagging Priddis and started tagging Gaff we lost forward momentum with quality. Opposition realised Gaff was much, much more dangerous with the ball than Priddis.

Run through and clean them up, give him a chop out, it's still legal, AFAIK. :D

And yet if Priddis was more of a threat Gaff may not be dealing with a tag. That's the problem with him getting the minutes he does, he just doesn't hurt the opposition anywhere near enough.

And the real question is why hasn't Woosha thought of this and why hasn't someone actually done it.:mad:

IMO the only way for us to get our season back on line is to start playing unsociable and uncompromising football.

I love unsociable and uncompromising footy, it's the way it needs to be played. :thumbsu:

I am sorry but you are wrong.

Last week the 'Great Extractor' had 2 clearances.

I'll give you a moment for that to sink in. 2 clearances.

Now the best our midfield has looked this year was when Priddis went off early, concussed against Port Adelaide. It meant that Masten was playing his natural midfield role. Our midfield ran riot. What went wrong in the 2nd half of that game was not that we missed Ploddus, rather we missed a quality rotation.

I'll give you a moment to compose yourself on that one as well.

You have no idea. Leads our team comfortably for clearances for the season even without playing against Port. Led the team for clearances as well today. Easy to single out stats from last week...maybe you should check out how we did as a team for clearances last week while you are at it. You might be surprised.

Oh and yeah, our best midfield game against Port just shows how clueless you are. They were firmly responsible for giving up an 8 goal lead in one quarter.

I'll give you a couple of weeks to let that sink in now that we have the bye.

He's not up to AFL standard, the longer we accept mediocrity the longer we will be mediochre.
How the hell would we really know as Brad never gets a fair crack , every time he comes into the squad he is under so much pressure. When he plays the sub role he is more than capable of being an AFL player but he never gets the full games that he requires to prove himself ( Brad Ebert no2 in my eyes and look at Ebo now ....)
I think that Brad is ahead of a few players that continually get games in our side , If Brad went to Sydney he would dominate IMO but hey this is only my view.

How the hell would we really know as Brad never gets a fair crack , every time he comes into the squad he is under so much pressure. When he plays the sub role he is more than capable of being an AFL player but he never gets the full games that he requires to prove himself ( Brad Ebert no2 in my eyes and look at Ebo now ....)
I think that Brad is ahead of a few players that continually get games in our side , If Brad went to Sydney he would dominate IMO but hey this is only my view.

The only time I've seen Dalziell capable of playing AFL was when he came on as the sub against Brisbane.

And the real question is why hasn't Woosha thought of this and why hasn't someone actually done it.:mad:

IMO the only way for us to get our season back on line is to start playing unsociable and uncompromising football.

In my honest opinion is that Woosha's messages aren't getting thru to the playing group anymore as simple as that , I think Woosha has lost the passion from everything I see :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure we have the cattle for that tbh

Other than Waters and Glass I can't think of any of players that have shown an ability or inclination to physically hurt opposition players

Darling has the build for it and Wellingham showed a willingness for the contest at Collingwood

Running out of who else has the bulk especially through the midfield

Other than Waters and Glass I can't think of any of players that have shown an ability or inclination to physically hurt opposition players

Darling has the build for it and Wellingham showed a willingness for the contest at Collingwood

It's not about the cattle, it's about mindset. Watch that last goal again and Embley (yes, he seems to be one of my favourite targets at the moment) just runs alongside, slightly forward, of Rosa looking for the handball over the top. He does not try to impede the Saints player running alongside him from getting to Rosa.
Doesn't need to be a snap in half shirtfront (admittedly my favourite) just a body in the way, block of some sort.

well we never know because he doesn't get more than 1 , 2 full games to prove himself , he needs to play the whole year to get a real look at him to see if he can handle AFL.

Ridiculous mindset.

Let's play a guy for the rest of the season not because he deserves it, but to see if he deserves it.

Embley has and can. Suspect his physical presence is a reason he is being persevered with.
As for gaff, give him time - he was dangerous late. 15 disposals from Gaff is worth more than 30 from many on our list that are touted as a replacement for him on BF.

Embley has and can. Suspect his physical presence is a reason he is being persevered with.
As for gaff, give him time - he was dangerous late. 15 disposals from Gaff is worth more than 30 from many on our list that are touted as a replacement for him on BF.

Once he learns to break a tag he will be a gun..people need to give him time.

It's not about the cattle, it's about mindset. Watch that last goal again and Embley (yes, he seems to be one of my favourite targets at the moment) just runs alongside, slightly forward, of Rosa looking for the handball over the top. He does not try to impede the Saints player running alongside him from getting to Rosa.
Doesn't need to be a snap in half shirtfront (admittedly my favourite) just a body in the way, block of some sort.
Absolutely. The extra 10% intensity that is pushing teams like Freo into flag contention is what has lost us games this year. We showed it in 2011, but it is no longer there.

Individual players, structures, etc, are vital, but if you expect those things to win you matches without playing with extreme hunger and passion, you will lose more often than not. Why aren't we as hungry as other clubs?

Gaff's defensive/contested hunger is running at about 50% right now. Why?

That's been a pet peeve of mine all year, there has been so many players doing in...running forward looking for the easy kick rather than putting on the block. S Selwood had one or two on the weekend, which is unlike him.

On Embley, the only role he plays well now is the seagull, and that only works well when we are playing well and he can play without accountability.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back