2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Priddis actually quite regularly sidesteps and creates more space for himself, something he didnt do in earlier years. I have also found he hits up a target rather than just bomb it long like he used to. People seem to completely ignore what he has developed, and what he brings to the side. Do I wish we had a Judd? Yes. Is any player on our list even remotely competent at extraction? Not really.

Obviously agree that we'd love a Judd in the role but I'd settle for about 20 other players too, that's the point, it's not that he's not Judd, its that he isn't even close to a Mundy.....

He has improved his short spot up kicks, I agree with that, but he's improved them to a level my colts coaches expected of me aged 16 back in the 1980's. Compare his kicking to Sam Mitchell's ability to spot up guys out of the corner of his eye that no-one else saw and then execute with either foot ....

FWIW, extraction isn't an absolutely vital trait in modern footy. Teams are almost conceding first possession at times and instead focusing on turning it back over. That said, Wellingham has better hands below his knees in contests, as does Shuey... and they have the ability to run away after winning possession. We instead make them play as receiver when Matt plays to give Matt a role. It means we are more predictable and effectively have a superfluous player.

As I said, its not that he can't play, we just aren't winning a flag with him playing where he does as much as he does, so what other role can he contribute in?

Garlett finished with 5. Looking more like a late first, early second pick.

Not really. Garlett's on-field performances at this point aren't changing his value at all, because it is already known how good he is. It's all to do with his off-field stuff.

Not really. Garlett's on-field performances at this point aren't changing his value at all, because it is already known how good he is. It's all to do with his off-field stuff.

I think its blown out of proportion a bit. A strong organisation (ie most AFL clubs) should be able to take care of a player with the sort of issues he has (allegedly). He is one of the most talented available in this draft.

I think its blown out of proportion a bit. A strong organisation (ie most AFL clubs) should be able to take care of a player with the sort of issues he has (allegedly). He is one of the most talented available in this draft.

It's hard to say if it's being blown out of proportion because we don't know the reasons why all 18 clubs deemed him unworthy of even a rookie spot. That suggests it is pretty serious.

In either case, 5 goals against Peel doesn't count for heaps. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morton bobs up with another three goals.

Would have all been in the 4th, which I assume would have been junk time but still, it's better to kick 3 in junk time then kick zero.

That's 6 in 2 weeks and 10 (?) scoring shots in his last 4 matches. Two of which were at afl level. He's really battling to stay on the list (just imagine a thumbs up).

Is apparently spending alot more time playing out of the square than through the middle though.

Just proves he has the talent and skill to play multiple roles...something which we are sorely lacking at the moment. I like him even more because he is able to play as a pure forward, as well as on ball or on a flank.

Awesome 11 goal win by the Mighty Royals. Rosa excellent, Morton kicked 3 goals and played well and Adam played his usual gutsy game. "Shaggy" Anderson would be worth a look for teams who are after a defender - very rarely beaten. Hampson for Scabbyacco gets a fair bit of the ball too. Two Scabby players on report too :)

Awesome 11 goal win by the Mighty Royals. Rosa excellent, Morton kicked 3 goals and played well and Adam played his usual gutsy game. "Shaggy" Anderson would be worth a look for teams who are after a defender - very rarely beaten. Hampson for Scabbyacco gets a fair bit of the ball too. Two Scabby players on report too :)

Nice work Royals!

What?

Won't and shouldn't go top 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does. There will be a lot of clubs loading up on draft picks and having multiple inside the top 30. If someone had 3+ picks in there, why not take a risk and reach a little for him? It's not like he's going to destroy the club or anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back