2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

does he sound like a Sienfeld character?
Yes, and he's the only non-tall. How the hell we have managed to nab wonderful KPPs with our second round picks, yet fail with most of our second-round midfield/small picks, is beyond me.

Obviously it has got to do with development just as much as recruitment, but it's still a bit baffling, and kinda makes me wary of our upcoming midfield draft!

Does anyone know why was he playing in the ruck on the weekend?
Did Leyendekkers get injured? Either was, he's pretty crap.

Looks like Sandilands is their only reserve ruckman....urgh! He is terrible!

Other than him it's an 18 year old colts player who stands at 192cm tall. Ouch!

Might see more of Fraser in the ruck.

Did Leyendekkers get injured? Either was, he's pretty crap.

Looks like Sandilands is their only reserve ruckman....urgh! He is terrible!

Other than him it's an 18 year old colts player who stands at 192cm tall. Ouch!

Might see more of Fraser in the ruck.
need to see him in the backline!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, and he's the only non-tall. How the hell we have managed to nab wonderful KPPs with our second round picks, yet fail with most of our second-round midfield/small picks, is beyond me.

Obviously it has got to do with development just as much as recruitment, but it's still a bit baffling, and kinda makes me wary of our upcoming midfield draft!

Oh, you were talking about Newman.

Written him off already? Has serious star-potential.

He might be, but I wouldn't say he's wonderful and a great draft choice when he's yet to play a game.

Yeah a bit of exaggeration from SC there but he's right to suggest our KPP drafting on paper, thus far, looks better than our luck with smaller players.

I just maintain that Newman if he gets his shit together could be a massive win.

He might be, but I wouldn't say he's wonderful and a great draft choice when he's yet to play a game.
Wonderful prospect is what i actually meant to write, but whatevs. He looks just as likely as any of the KPPs picked after him in that draft. If he were playing with one of the better WAFL midfields kicking to him, he'd likely be doing even better.

He could very easily become nothing, but he was 19 less than a month ago and he's been selected on an extended interchange bench a few times in a side with strong key talls.

dajesmac i wasn't writing off Newman at all - I was simply highlighting that we haven't been doing too well with our midfielder picks in the 20 - 35 range. Newman has lots of talent, but he's a court decision away from being a bust as well. Weak draft, but a couple of similar-ish mids taken afterwards, in Brad Hill and Lachie Neale, have performed well at times for their respective top 4 sides.

I agree he'll be great if he turns out, but i wouldn't say it'll be a massive win, it'll just be what we deserve for a pick 23. Maybe i'm over-rating the draft though...

Why not it took three years before Fraser Gherig got a game for us, and he had similar results to Fraser McInnes.

I have a feeling we might see a bit of a Lie-cettesque (you like?) transformation from McInnes next season. Maybe it's more hopeful, but I do like what I have seen, in patches.

McInnes has a much more athletic-looking physique these days. He clunks his marks beautifully. He just needs to increase his output across the whole game. Looks very good to me.

Need to get him on the same running program we got Lynch and Cox on

Club's weekly writeup of the WAFL performances is here.

Adam Selwood, Matt Rosa, Andrew Embley and Cale Morton all excelled in the second tier competition to ensure their name tags will be thrown into the mix as the match committee seeks the right structure to attack Geelong at Patersons Stadium on Saturday night.

Jamie Bennell continues to play his role in defence for Swans and had 16 possessions, took six marks and laid three tackles in another polished display.

McInnes played much of the game in the uncustomary role of a ruckman, but had 22 hit-outs and also had 14 possessions and two marks.

Tunbridge played as a defensive forward opposed to former Eagle Jordan Jones and melded that focus with a nice blend of offensive football, having 14 possessions and seven marks.

Defender Jacob Brennan had the unusual experience of playing reserves for Subiaco because East Fremantle was one of several teams having a bye. He had 15 possessions, but most importantly came through the game unscathed.

I really do hope newman can come good. Class and pace, would be great off the forward line and potentially some rotations through the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back