2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Nico had a super 4th quarter today and ran the game out really well. In the 4th quarter alone he kicked a great goal from an inside 50 stoppage, took a fantastic one-handed mark (brushing aside his opponent with the other hand) and then proceeded to side step a defender and snap one from about 50m out.

He's coming lads...

Well, that's a very different view to the one of my Subi supporting mate, who attends every match. Doesn't reckon he'll be back.

I thought he was OK yesterday, about what I'd expect from a player coming back from such a long lay off.

Well, that's a very different view to the one of my Subi supporting mate, who attends every match. Doesn't reckon he'll be back.

I thought he was OK yesterday, about what I'd expect from a player coming back from such a long lay off.

Nicoski is coming off a very serious injury. He'll be playing WAFL for a few more weeks before being considered for AFL.

At the same time, he'll need to dislodge Hill from the team which could be difficult.

Wow, Hutchings is our saviour now? If that's where we're at, I'm off to the kitchen warehouse tomorrow to look for more wooden spoons (we're gonna need 'em!)

You're putting words in peoples mouths. Nobody is saying he's our saviour, purely that it's a disgrace that he was one of the few that tried hard last week yet he got the axe ahead of the likes of Selwood and Embley.

Well, that's what I'm saying anyway. :p

Nicoski is coming off a very serious injury. He'll be playing WAFL for a few more weeks before being considered for AFL.

At the same time, he'll need to dislodge Hill from the team which could be difficult.

Hill ain't going anywhere. Our most consistent non-key position forward this year. Strong workrate, good defensive pressure and excellent decision making when generating Inside 50's.

You're putting words in peoples mouths. Nobody is saying he's our saviour, purely that it's a disgrace that he was one of the few that tried hard last week yet he got the axe ahead of the likes of Selwood and Embley.

Well, that's what I'm saying anyway. :p

That's pretty much my opinion and that he's a handy extra mid rotation also helps.

This season has shown how far Hill has come whilst playing for West Coast. It's losses like we've had this season (Port, Richmond etc) that would have seen Hill dropped almost every time in the past. The funny thing is - he's not even close to being dropped.

Yeah I wonder how much better Hill could get. Really need to give him a wingman preseason and work on him taking over Embleys role.

Reckon he might be wasted in the forwardline, could be a real x factor for us in future if he keeps improving.

Anyone else see a bit more potential in him ? We tend to assume he'll eventually flake but maybe those days are over?

Anyone else see a bit more potential in him ? We tend to assume he'll eventually flake but maybe those days are over?

Absolutely. He roamed the wings in NAB cup and looked very good. He just takes such a lovely mark and his disposal going I50 would be one of the best in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears a few have slowly woken up here and realised that Sir Ploddus is the biggest hack of all.

Joke that people even still think this. Name one better extractor that we have? Without this guy our midfield has nothing. We would lose every single clearance hands down....He plays his role perfectly. Every team has one, every team needs one.

Sure he ain't the quickest or silkiest player we have, but he is the only one that gets his hand on the ball first. Our other midfielders are too busy with their hands on their own balls.

Joke that people even still think this. Name one better extractor that we have? Without this guy our midfield has nothing. We would lose every single clearance hands down....He plays his role perfectly. Every team has one, every team needs one.

Sure he ain't the quickest or silkiest player we have, but he is the only one that gets his hand on the ball first. Our other midfielders are too busy with their hands on their own balls.

Priddis should focus more on blocking. Last week there were a handful of occasions where Priddis would get in Shuey's way, getting the footy himself. I sure know who I'd prefer taking and running the ball out of a pack situation (as opposed to Priddis just plonking it on the boot like he always does).

Its amazing what 10 weeks of football can deliver. 10 weeks ago 9 out of 10 commentators had us as flag favourites and now we think 70% of our midfield are hacks.:confused:

everyone just knows our game plan and how to stop gaff, shuey getting a run on which made us successful last year

I am sorry but you are wrong.

Last week the 'Great Extractor' had 2 clearances.

I'll give you a moment for that to sink in. 2 clearances.

Now the best our midfield has looked this year was when Priddis went off early, concussed against Port Adelaide. It meant that Masten was playing his natural midfield role. Our midfield ran riot. What went wrong in the 2nd half of that game was not that we missed Ploddus, rather we missed a quality rotation.

I'll give you a moment to compose yourself on that one as well.

Priddis should focus more on blocking. Last week there were a handful of occasions where Priddis would get in Shuey's way, getting the footy himself. I sure know who I'd prefer taking and running the ball out of a pack situation (as opposed to Priddis just plonking it on the boot like he always does).

I mentioned on another thread a couple of days ago that if you go to games and watch closely, you'll see that our midfielder who does the most blocking for other mids is Shuey. And as I said on that thread - the fact that our most damaging and attacking midfielder is doing the blocking for guys like Priddis and Scooter just epitomises everything wrong with our midfield and the coaching of it.

Credit to Shuey and all, but god we don't do enough to utilise his talent.

I mentioned on another thread a couple of days ago that if you go to games and watch closely, you'll see that our midfielder who does the most blocking for other mids is Shuey. And as I said on that thread - the fact that our most damaging and attacking midfielder is doing the blocking for guys like Priddis and Scooter just epitomises everything wrong with our midfield and the coaching of it.

Credit to Shuey and all, but god we don't do enough to utilise his talent.

Wellingham partly addresses this issue.

Its amazing what 10 weeks of football can deliver. 10 weeks ago 9 out of 10 commentators had us as flag favourites and now we think 70% of our midfield are hacks.:confused:

yeah. bit like how 9 out of 10 weeks playing like a hack makes people realize that you actually ARE a hack.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back