Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour has it that West Coast fans have been told that a refund and cancel of their membership will put their seats up for grabs for others. So not so keen then
This is exactly it. One of my best friends is a seated WC member and they’ve been told, cancel your seated membership, you go back to the end of the ‘In the Wings’ line. There’s apparently around 10,000 people on that waiting for a seat. Their memberships are more expensive than ours, and other than the fact that I really like my friend, I’d say suck it for being a of bunch sheep who follow a soulless club like the West Coast Newspaper Channel Sevens, who change their jumpers every 2 years so all the numpties will buy new merchandise to squeeze every possible cent out of you, and charge more for membership, and that’s why they’re so rich and you’re all waiting for a seat. Baaahhhh 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑. But I wouldn’t say that because my friend is really nice, and that would be mean.

Also slightly OT. My son is a Bulldogs fan. Last year when they came over, a ticket in the same area cost $16 for the Freo game, and $50 for the weagles’ game. No wonder they’re swimming eyeball deep in cash.

Looks like these are the options.

Overview of options available to 2020 members:

PLEDGE: To receive membership benefits as well as entries into the $1 Million FOREVER Mega Draw (1 entry(s) for every $100 pledged)
FOREVER HERO MEMBERSHIP: To turn $100 of your membership into a Forever Hero Membership and receive one entry into the FOREVER Mega Draw
DONATE: To turn your membership into a tax deductible donation via the Australian Sports Foundation.
CONTACT US: If the above options don’t suit, our members are encouraged to contact the club to discuss downgrading their membership, applying a credit to 2021 or to cancel their membership and receive a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like these are the options.

Overview of options available to 2020 members:

PLEDGE: To receive membership benefits as well as entries into the $1 Million FOREVER Mega Draw (1 entry(s) for every $100 pledged)
FOREVER HERO MEMBERSHIP: To turn $100 of your membership into a Forever Hero Membership and receive one entry into the FOREVER Mega Draw
DONATE: To turn your membership into a tax deductible donation via the Australian Sports Foundation.
CONTACT US: If the above options don’t suit, our members are encouraged to contact the club to discuss downgrading their membership, applying a credit to 2021 or to cancel their membership and receive a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite disapointed

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Platinum:
Turn over 100% of your membership for 2020 for entries into the prize draw
20% off your 2021 membership
2021 and 2022 are locked in at your current price
Team store voucher of 10% your membership
Cap and scarf, name on a website recognition
Maintain current membership status and entitlements including access to the ground if games can be played in front of crowds again this season.

Silver:
Turn over 50% of your membership for 2020 for entries into the prize draw
10% off your membership in 2021
Price freeze for 2021
Cap and scarf, name on a website recognition
Maintain current membership status and entitlements including access to the ground if games can be played in front of crowds again this season.

The other 50% can be donated to the club, credited to your 2021 membership or refunded.

I like how they at least tried to give value back for people able to donate etc, however the contact us option is grubby as all hell. Just give the option of a refund to the people who need it, don't force them to call the club and basically beg. Gross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how they at least tried to give value back for people able to donate etc, however the contact us option is grubby as all hell. Just give the option of a refund to the people who need it, don't force them to call the club and basically beg. Gross.

super grubby.

I'm going to call and try to convert it to a credit for 2021. That seems like a sensible option they should have allowed.

This is what came to mind for me. Image of the club trying to work out what to give me for my membership.
Screen-Shot-2018-01-15-at-10.48.25-am.png

Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset but I'm most probably not delighted. A bit of a 'meh' response from me.

What is clear to note is that there will be a price increase across all memberships for 2021. Probably will be the case for almost every club.

This is exactly it. One of my best friends is a seated WC member and they’ve been told, cancel your seated membership, you go back to the end of the ‘In the Wings’ line. There’s apparently around 10,000 people on that waiting for a seat. Their memberships are more expensive than ours, and other than the fact that I really like my friend, I’d say suck it for being a of bunch sheep who follow a soulless club like the West Coast Newspaper Channel Sevens, who change their jumpers every 2 years so all the numpties will buy new merchandise to squeeze every possible cent out of you, and charge more for membership, and that’s why they’re so rich and you’re all waiting for a seat. Baaahhhh 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑. But I wouldn’t say that because my friend is really nice, and that would be mean.

Also slightly OT. My son is a Bulldogs fan. Last year when they came over, a ticket in the same area cost $16 for the Freo game, and $50 for the weagles’ game. No wonder they’re swimming eyeball deep in cash.

Actually the default option (as in do nothing and this happens) is a full credit for the following season (minus a $50 fee)

Hopefully both clubs offer the same

Plastering "FOREVER" in capitals everywhere ... then all derivatives like "Forever Fund", "Forever Mega", "Forever Hero" ... could they have come up with anything more cringeworthy? Who actually thinks this sounds good?
It carries the weight of a permanent result to a contribution.

It could be the "Get us to next season" fund, and you'd get more of a sense of a short term lifeboat.

The benefits of not going into debt much, if at all, will be rewarding for a decade or more and the members will feel it by not needing to cough up quite as much for their packages as a percentage just to pay down the debt.

Plenty of people are suffering and they should be getting their money back to help, plenty of people will just want their money back because they feel like they paid for something and want what they paid for - other people might feel like they'd rather effectively enter a raffle and get a discount on their future years by giving up the money from the membership this season.

Everyone should figure out what they want to do but they should figure it out quickly because I think by 30th of June it will default to a 100% gift to the club.

So possible unpopular opinion coming up:

As someone who hasn't been terribly affected financially by the pandemic, I quite like this response. For those who really need their money back though, it seems a bit average.
I think that would be the feel from most. Contact us is a terrible way to go about it for those who actually need the funds. But the other options seem quite good.

For those who really need their money back though, it seems a bit average.
If anyone needs a refund they can use the online options to get a 50% refund from either the silver pledge or tax deductible donation, or a full refund minus $100 from the Forever Freo membership. These options are adequate for most people who need both financial support but want to maintain a Freo membership.

If anyone needs a refund they can use the online options to get a 50% refund from either the silver pledge or tax deductible donation, or a full refund minus $100 from the Forever Freo membership. These options are adequate for most people who need both financial support but want to maintain a Freo membership.
Any other clubs offering a “contact us” option? They did it for a reason knowing that people hate asking a real person for their money back. Especially on a product they love. Anyway. Hope everyone receives what they need and the club does well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting to hear from the club about season tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back