Europe War in Ukraine

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a teeny tiny insignificant detail to some

Dude they've invaded an entire country and bombed civilian infrastructure

How is this evil vs slightly less evil?

Attacked hospitals. Fired shells at residential areas to create panic and cause civilians to flee.

All ok because the Yanks incorrectly invaded Iraq 20 years ago.

How do you fight carpet bombs and mega artillery
With such severe economic sanctions that Russians revolt in the streets

The longer the Ukrainians hold out the longer the sanctions have to bite. They know this which is why they aren’t backing down

Russia needed this to end quickly, the longer it goes the bigger the failure

Weird take or realistic?

Obviously the best option is for Russia to stop bombing people
No, it's definitely a weird take if you're familiar with Eastern European history.
People actually have a connection to their identity and will not abandon it because some madman wants to invade, least not to a country that has a history of committing atrocities on civilian populations.

(woke up to this in my inbox from a friend in SpB this morning) "they don't like us. we are all really gangsters or prostitutes such as in the films. So let the entire United States be responsible for 9/11. All Muslims are for terrorist attacks. all Germans for 1941-1945. etc."
a little hyperbole maybe, but im not the one wondering how they'll get at their money to sort their next rent payment out while everyone around the world points at screams at them.

(woke up to this in my inbox from a friend in SpB this morning) "they don't like us. we are all really gangsters or prostitutes such as in the films. So let the entire United States be responsible for 9/11. All Muslims are for terrorist attacks. all Germans for 1941-1945. etc."
a little hyperbole maybe, but im not the one wondering how they'll get at their money to sort their next rent payment out while everyone around the world points at screams at them.
Tell them to go and protest in the streets and have a look at what their Ukrainian neighbours are going through for a bit of perspective

Tell them to go and protest in the streets and have a look at what their Ukrainian neighbours are going through for a bit of perspective

"Привет! Я в порядке и я ушёл до того как начались массовые задержания! Я увидела с друзьями как едут машины о она со всех сторон и мы быстро удалились от туда, никого их моих друзей и меня не задержали, этт был мирный протест для меня"
from same friend on friday reassuring me they avoided getting detaining after taking part in the protests.

She also said to mention that she looked for you there for a fist-pump but couldn't find you.

Attacked hospitals. Fired shells at residential areas to create panic and cause civilians to flee.

All ok because the Yanks incorrectly invaded Iraq 20 years ago.
Indeed.

And just because the current USA stance is hypocritical (because of Iraq) doesn't mean it is wrong.

Yikes

Rupa Subramanya (@rupasubramanya) Tweeted:
Indian students fleeing Ukraine have alleged they were harassed, beaten by Ukrainian guards at the Polish border and were not allowed to cross over.
"Women are being harassed. They are being pulled by their hair and hit with rods.Some women have suffered fractures and injuries".

where'd your Stalin avatar go? are russian dictators not edgy anymore?

Yes a teeny tiny insignificant detail to some

Dude they've invaded an entire country and bombed civilian infrastructure

How is this evil vs slightly less evil?

from memory zelensky and a few of his cronies were pretty well renown as a bunch of rwnj. one thing is for sure this war has been good for his public image.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed.

And just because the current USA stance is hypocritical (because of Iraq) doesn't mean it is wrong.

What they really mean is USA should be like China right now waiting for predatory self interests that it can squeeze as a consequence for current invasion and licking its lips for its own invasion aspirations of Taiwan and beyond or something like that.

They love expansionist ethno natoonalist dictatorships or something like that.

from memory zelensky and a few of his cronies were pretty well renown as a bunch of rwnj. one thing is for sure this war has been good for his public image.
The 2014 uprising somehow managed to get neo-nazi groups aligned with Jews, Christians and Muslims to get rid of the pro-Russian (and extremely corrupt) Yanukovych.
The enemy of my enemy etc etc

Yikes

Rupa Subramanya (@rupasubramanya) Tweeted:
Indian students fleeing Ukraine have alleged they were harassed, beaten by Ukrainian guards at the Polish border and were not allowed to cross over.
"Women are being harassed. They are being pulled by their hair and hit with rods.Some women have suffered fractures and injuries".

Holy f***. Russia is literally invading and trying to wipe out a nation and your focus is on some overzealous guards in that nation trying to stop percieved deserters whilst their country is under threat of being exterminated.

And yet you have nothing to say about those doing the extermination?

You whole anti war mantra has proven to be a sham excuse you used to justify your pro dictatorship anti capitalist views. You suddenly don't care when its the dictators raging war. trying to wipe out a democracy. You have nothing to say about that? Zip?

I think its from Sumy. The bloke isnt a mate, just a singer I followed and I already had a long chat with him yesterday, didnt wanna bother him further. Not sure if its his own video (I think so, sounds like him) or a share

He says in the first one that this is how the stores crack on here ... also said the word for beer (pivo) so i guess his priorities were on-point lol.
In the second one from a subsequent day he says the shop workers were heroes.

View attachment market1.mp4
View attachment market2.mp4

The Ukraine coloured lights over Wembley

TELEMMGLPICT000287390642_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqyuLFFzXshuGqnr8zPdDWXtRIAe4E5iIN5B7rPrfGGGk.jpeg

This is what certain sections of the community calll.......virtue signalling

Ukraine’s ambassador to the United Nations has read out alleged text messages between a Russian soldier and his mother “moments before he was killed”.

Speaking during an emergency special session of the UN General Assembly on Monday, Sergiy Kyslytsya held up what he said was a screenshot from the dead soldier’s smartphone.

“Mama, I’m no longer in Crimea – I’m not in training sessions,” the soldier reportedly wrote, after his mother asked why it had been so long since he responded.

“Mama, I’m in Ukraine. There is a real war raging here. I’m afraid. We are bombing all of the cities together, even targeting civilians. We were told that they would welcome us. They are falling under our armoured vehicles, throwing themselves under the wheels and not allowing us to pass. They call us fascists. Mama, this is so hard.”

Military experts have cautioned against underestimating Russia’s chances of success in Ukraine, with some saying Moscow’s takeover of the capital is inevitable.

“From a purely military/tactical standpoint, Russia has the manpower and firepower to take Kyiv. No question,” one US intelligence source told CNN. “And no matter how much resistance the Ukrainians put up.”

This is an interesting piece also, on the Russian airpower's limited involvement to date:

Instead, the roughly 300 modern combat aircraft which the VKS have positioned within easy range of the main contact zones in northern, eastern and southern Ukraine appear to have largely stayed on the ground throughout the first four days of fighting. This has allowed the UkrAF to continue flying low-level defensive counter-air (DCA) and ground-attack sorties, and these appear to have had some successes in intercepting Russian attack helicopters. The fact that Ukrainian troops and civilians have been able to see (and rapidly mythologise) their own pilots continuing to fly sorties above major cities has also been a major morale-boosting factor that has helped solidify the extraordinary spirit of unified resistance shown across the country. The lack of Russian fixed wing fighter and strike aircraft sorties has also allowed Ukrainian SAM operators and troops with MANPADS such as the US-made Stinger missile to engage Russian helicopter gunships and transports with significantly less risk of immediate retaliation. This in turn has contributed to the significant lack of success and heavy losses suffered during Russian air assault operations.

With such severe economic sanctions that Russians revolt in the streets

The longer the Ukrainians hold out the longer the sanctions have to bite. They know this which is why they aren’t backing down

Russia needed this to end quickly, the longer it goes the bigger the failure
A week or two more of this and those people in Russia that think things are normal will be wondering why the price of things they want to buy are sky rocketing that they can no longer afford basic things and some even hard to find in stores there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back