Europe War in Ukraine

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia's UN Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia said Russia's actions in Ukraine were being "distorted." He told the General Assembly: "The Russian army does not pose a threat to the civilians of Ukraine, is not shelling civilian areas."

Russia calls its actions in Ukraine a "special operation" that it says is not designed to occupy territory but to destroy its southern neighbor's military capabilities and capture what it regards as dangerous nationalists.

Lol what a ****ing joke. The Russian's try this Iraqi Information Minister meme tactic of throwing up the arms in denial, when the entire world has the ability to see otherwise.

Jimmy Doreen take on the situation

While the Biden administration and its mouthpieces in the mainstream corporate media beat the drums for war while labeling Putin an imperialist warmonger, few bother to mention the decades of intensive American “meddling” in Russian and Ukrainian affairs that have inexorably led to the current crisis.

Yeah. Nah. Not worth the time.

Grozny was said to be the most destroyed city on earth by the UN. Russia is capable of leveling Ukraine if they choose. That's the main reason why I think they should give up. But I note there is a lot of cheer leading people saying Ukraine men should continue to die.

If easy to say that from the other side of the world when your family isn't st stake

Russia threat of nuke holocaust isn't ideal

You should definitely always give in to dictators threatening unnecessary violence and give them what they want.

I mean I assume that's what it is, as surely they can't actually believe the stuff they write.... right?

I used to think this. Now I'm pretty confident a number of them actually do believe it.

Sad. Used to listen to her on that lunchtime show with Harford on SEN many years ago, was mildly amusing.

Just another one wholly consumed by culture war nonsense.

Can’t stand her. She’s a paid troll and that’s it. Has no qualifications to comment on anything

Gone from talking about boob jobs as ripper Rita on SEN to some kind of “expert” on the global order

Jimmy Doreen take on the situation

Once upon a time Dore provided some fairly good commentary and provided a platform for US leftists interested in real change in the system.

But over time his anti DNC stance consumed him to the point where anyone willing to co-operate the slightest bit with a Democrat was a traitor. Therefore got sucked into RW media like Tucker a Carlson. Now he’s spent so much of a time attacking Democrats he doesn’t do any left wing promotion. He’s become a full blown anti vaxxer as well.

As far as that video goes he confuses Russia with the Soviet Union. Even if you highlight some US interference in Ukrainian affairs and some poor decisions by the Ukrainian government if you don’t state the obvious, that it’s Putin’s unjustified war of aggression, then you’re just relaying Kremlin talking points. That makes you a propagandist, which is what Dore is now.

Sad. Used to listen to her on that lunchtime show with Harford on SEN many years ago, was mildly amusing.

Just another one wholly consumed by culture war nonsense.

Yeah. Then I remember a conversation where someone who lived in Broadmeadows mentioned that they got burgled or something. She went on to say something along the lines of "well it's their fault for choosing to live there".

Was pretty gobsmacked. Was probably the line that launched her career, unfortunately.

Yeah. Then I remember a conversation where someone who lived in Broadmeadows mentioned that they got burgled or something. She went on to say something along the lines of "well it's their fault for choosing to live there".

Was pretty gobsmacked. Was probably the line that launched her career, unfortunately.

The reason she has a job is because a portion of society thinks like that.

It would be interesting to produce an article or YouTube clip showing how many Fox/Sky/Murdoch commentators or RW pollies made pro Putin comments over the years, that he was “standing up for Western values”, “fighting the gay agenda” etc.

I know LNP Senator Gerard Rennick praised Putin a few years back, surely there’s got to be more?

it went prior to this whole thing kicking off

From memory?

Yeah, from memory. I remember reading about it and listening to a podcast about it a few years ago. Wasn't a keen observer but I do recall it.

Finding any articles about Ukraine or Zelensky on Google pre-January 2022 seems impossible atm. So yeah, from memory. Could've been biased bullshit I was consuming, happy to be corrected.

Once upon a time Dore provided some fairly good commentary and provided a platform for US leftists interested in real change in the system.

But over time his anti DNC stance consumed him to the point where anyone willing to co-operate the slightest bit with a Democrat was a traitor. Therefore got sucked into RW media like Tucker a Carlson. Now he’s spent so much of a time attacking Democrats he doesn’t do any left wing promotion. He’s become a full blown anti vaxxer as well.

As far as that video goes he confuses Russia with the Soviet Union. Even if you highlight some US interference in Ukrainian affairs and some poor decisions by the Ukrainian government if you don’t state the obvious, that it’s Putin’s unjustified war of aggression, then you’re just relaying Kremlin talking points. That makes you a propagandist, which is what Dore is now.

The DNC is corrupt !!!!The Republican Party is corrupt!!! The entire US political and justice system is corrupt!!! They don’t have democracy … they have corporate lobbyists buying the political system…
Everyday Americans are slipping further and further into poverty…
Why do you want Dore to take sides?

think your friend is being misled by the local limited access to media. From what I've seen (on twitter and here) the hate is directed at Putin, not at Russian people. That and if it is due to the sanctions there was no other way for the west to get at Putin.
Only the former (personal attacks). As hard as the latter is, everyone knows sanctions are necessary and not just for lols. They'll buck up and handle it somehow, they much tougher than us weakarse wheres my overtime ooh its an rdo slimebags.

Just try to factor in how its not just "media". Its actual conversations with actual people, as well. But youre right and the same response applies : if someone wants to talk to them like a dickhead, just ignore them, block them, tell them to bugger off. Anyone who has an interest in understanding, will know the difference between a state and a person.

I quoted it simply because the frustration was clear and I thought it worth sharing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll always remember the time he spat on Alex Jones at the 2016 RNC convention.

For anyone else who think Jimmy Dore is “exposing the truth about who the real warmongers are”, here’s his latest video, watch his little lackey at 17:38 start repeating obvious Kremlin talking points, “Russia doesn’t target civilians”, “Ukrainians are basically Russians so Russia has a right to be there”.

I’ve seen more criticism of the Russian government on RT than from this propagandist

Isn’t it illegal to not lock your car

The reason she has a job is because a portion of society thinks like that.

It would be interesting to produce an article or YouTube clip showing how many Fox/Sky/Murdoch commentators or RW pollies made pro Putin comments over the years, that he was “standing up for Western values”, “fighting the gay agenda” etc.

I know LNP Senator Gerard Rennick praised Putin a few years back, surely there’s got to be more?

I would happily watch and share a video of that.

Only the former (personal attacks). As hard as the latter is, everyone knows sanctions are necessary and not just for lols. They'll buck up and handle it somehow, they much tougher than us weakarse wheres my overtime ooh its an rdo slimebags.

Just try to factor in how its not just "media". Its actual conversations with actual people, as well. But youre right and the same response applies : if someone wants to talk to them like a dickhead, just ignore them, block them, tell them to bugger off. Anyone who has an interest in understanding, will know the difference between a state and a person.

I quoted it simply because the frustration was clear and I thought it worth sharing.
Fair enough and thank you for providing direct communication of the ordinary Russian people experience during this.
Wonder where the personal attacks are coming from and whether there are vocies correcting the attacks (ie its Putin not the Russian people type sentiment)

Good to see your internet is working better today as well

And we talk about mortgage stress if rates increase here a percent to 4%! Imagine this happening.

we did have rates that high - but the base prices were much more manageable

Lmao OK? So we can't point out anything bad happening to minorities?

Guess those Indian students had it coming then
The MSM leads the numpty's by the nose and they not only dutifully follow but they repeat the MSM mantra and the litany of lies

They are exactly who Rupert targets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back