War over Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be very easy for you to find a link to one then and post it here ...I have heard preference, would rather but no refusual.

Let me guess ...you don't have time?

Hey Moo it will make for a great national draft if he ends up there.

I can see Richmond with pick 8 or St kilda with pick 13 maybe taking a stab at him.

If he gets past the Saints, Melbourne can take him with 17 or 19.

Interesting. So what about Warnock tells you that he is ready to compete against the best ruckmen in the league in 2009? Hasn't he mostly been getting smashed himself to date, despite improving? He is still a developing ruck, not an established one.

I thought he held his own in the ruck this year and from all reports consistently defeated Luenburger when they competed in the WAFL.

Warnock's value is not the runs on the board thus far, its the runs to come. While he remains a risk, he has shown enough that at the very least he will be a competent ruckmen.

Watching this saga unfold this week I can't help but think that maybe Carlton are still stuck in "Judd mode". Where they held all the card's and could dictate talk's with the eagles.

Hey Moo it will make for a great national draft if he ends up there.

I can see Richmond with pick 8 or St kilda with pick 13 maybe taking a stab at him.

If he gets past the Saints, Melbourne can take him with 17 or 19.

Once again; if those clubs are that interested in him, why not offer a pick NOW and ensure they obtain him.

McIntosh couldn't garner a first round offer.
A highly rated ruckman, who turned 24 last month.

Warnock 22 yo next January, as yet unproven as a first string ruckman.

Encourage him into the National Draft then and take him at 24 then.

If Icke is 100% right he will be there ...no dramas - surely no one would pay more?

God bless the AFL and this wonderful system we have ..where a team can say this is fair, we say it is not and a short time later we can see who is right 100% no arguing.

The marketplace can't lie - I am guessing he wouldn't even get to Melb.

If I see the names Redden, McKernan and Warnock on a page in front of me and I am St Kilda ...I know which way I go.

God bless a system that allows Freo to lose a star up and coming ruckman into the PSD for donuts whilst also allowing a club to trade Medhurst and a top 10 pick for Tarrant!!!

God bless the system

So RoK is not worth 16
McIntosh is not worth a 1st rounder
yet Warnock somehow is?

I just cant see the chasm between 24 and lets say 20 which would be at the very upper limit of what he would be worth in a trade for a contracted player, let alone one this is out of contract!

When will others understand

I think we all need to chill out on this bloke....Who is he anyway.....a nobody IMO.

This is getting more hype then Juddy last year. Someone needs to pull this pinhead Warnock into line and say, "Look here young fella, do you want to play football or not". If so give him a contract like any other 21YO with a handful of games under his belt would be on and let him determine his own future. If he cuts it he'll get the money, if not, well F##K off.

Honestly this is out of hand, do you really want some 21YO prick round your club demanding money when he hasnt even proved himself yet. Unproven Blokes who have played minimal games should think themselves lucky they are on an AFL list.

If Warnock is worth more than pick 24 can someone explain to me why with the exception of some passing interest from Melbourne none of the other 14 AFL clubs have tried to pursue him? I beg someone to explain that

If Warnock is worth more than pick 24 can someone explain to me why with the exception of some passing interest from Melbourne none of the other 14 AFL clubs have tried to pursue him? I beg someone to explain that

If you can explain the reported close to 400K a year you are offering then I will tell you why.

If you can explain the reported close to 400K a year you are offering then I will tell you why.

As well rucks this year do not seem to be in such a demand

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/dday-looms-as-trade-negotiations-stall-20081009-4xen.html

And West Coast ruckman Mark Seaby's bid to move out of the shadow of Dean Cox and gain more game time at a new club was expected to fail, with no clubs coming up with an offer to satisfy the Eagles

And since when is a players contract the determinant for which pick is traded

So O'keefe wants $600k, does that mean a club needs to front up with <pick 5?

Flawed argument

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And since when is a players contract the determinant for which pick is traded

So O'keefe wants $600k, does that mean a club needs to front up with <pick 5?

Flawed argument

Generally contract amount is a reasonable reflection of a players worth. How else do you work out a contract? Is it just lucky dip down at Carlton? Or do you just get your contract topped up with a Visy job if you get a low one?

With O'Keefe, Sydney wanted a first rounder at minimum. I believe they wanted a player/players along with pick 16 from Hawthorn, and not players like the gems at Carlton such as Benjamin and Blackwell.

God bless a system that allows Freo to lose a star up and coming ruckman into the PSD for donuts
No doubt you showed the same outrage when Nick Stevens went into the PSD?

Generally contract amount is a reasonable reflection of a players worth. How else do you work out a contract? Is it just lucky dip down at Carlton? Or do you just get your contract topped up with a Visy job if you get a low one?

With O'Keefe, Sydney wanted a first rounder at minimum. I believe they wanted a player/players along with pick 16 from Hawthorn, and not players like the gems at Carlton such as Benjamin and Blackwell.

And what was the outcome of that? Thats right, not worth 16!
If we are using O'Keefe as comparison then Warnock is a definite straight swap for 24! No matter what criteria you use. Visy job or not!

And what was the outcome of that? Thats right, not worth 16!
If we are using O'Keefe as comparison then Warnock is a definite straight swap for 24! No matter what criteria you use. Visy job or not!

Try reading again. I said, Sydney want a minimum first round pick, however, I believe that pick 16 was not enough for them. They wanted players in addition to pick 16. Hawthorn can't even afford to pay O'Keefe what he wants, so it's pretty irrelevant.

I'm not using O'Keefe as a comparison to Warnock, that's not how trading works. My reply on O'Keefe was in regards to a question on how his monetary requirements translated into his perceived trade value. I think given that Sydney don't consider pick 16 alone to be adequate, I'm not far off the mark.

Well I haven't heard Sydney respond to that trade. What I did hear was Pelchen state that as far as they were concerned they weren't happy putting 16 on the table anyway as they wanted to keep that pick in the 1st round for themselves as they saw it as too valuable.

They weren't convinced that pick 16 was worthy of RoK. And something similar is required for Warnock somehow?!:rolleyes:

And no-one is keeping in mind the very real spectre of the AFLPA taking this ridiculous trade week farce to court anyway if clubs hijack the purpose of the whole thing in facilitating player movement for no better reason than ego and chest-beating.

I could understand if we were poaching a contracted player. Fair enough, a handsome trade needs to be provided. But Robbie is out of contract, decided to leave, then subsequently chose Carlton as the place he would like to continue his career.

Well I haven't heard Sydney respond to that trade. What I did hear was Pelchen state that as far as they were concerned they weren't happy putting 16 on the table anyway as they wanted to keep that pick in the 1st round for themselves as they saw it as too valuable.

They weren't convinced that pick 16 was worthy of RoK. And something similar is required for Warnock somehow?!:rolleyes:

And no-one is keeping in mind the very real spectre of the AFLPA taking this ridiculous trade week farce to court anyway if clubs hijack the purpose of the whole thing in facilitating player movement for no better reason than ego and chest-beating.

I could understand if we were poaching a contracted player. Fair enough, a handsome trade needs to be provided. But Robbie is out of contract, decided to leave, then subsequently chose Carlton as the place he would like to continue his career.

Why don't you just take it to court and challenge it if it upsets you so much? Do you think Carlton cared about players challenging the system when they refused to trade Thornton? Fremantle have at least come to the table and have been willing to negotiate a deal. What more do you expect from them?

Why don't you just take it to court and challenge it if it upsets you so much? Do you think Carlton cared about players challenging the system when they refused to trade Thornton? Fremantle have at least come to the table and have been willing to negotiate a deal. What more do you expect from them?

:eek: :rolleyes:

negotiate a deal!!!!!!!!! Pick 6 or nothing...... :thumbsdown:

Have you not read my other posts?!
I agree that we were in the wrong with Thornton. He should never have been forced to stay with us. Like I said, it was this case and others that are leading the competition closer to one case too many.

And with this in mind, thats why I cant fathom for one second how your club can be so pig-headed with this trade when reasonable compensation (not that it should even be provided if free agency was prevalent) has been offered and you've sat there for a week nit-picking and making outrageous demands.

Even a premiership, AA, who is probably in the top 30 players in the AFL doesn't draw pick 16 from the reigning premiers and yet you want has to make a top 20 pick available for Warnock??!!:eek:

Emotions and ego have taken over to everyones loss, including your clubs

Because Carlton have apparently offered him a $1.5m/4yr deal that other clubs can't/won't match, therefore he chooses carlton as his club of choice. This removes other vic clubs from the trade table and allows Carlton to offer only pick 24 knowing that other clubs are unlikely to trump them. Freo get screwed unless they take a stand and even then we may get screwed anyway.

How many players have been traded for a single pick in the mid twenties have been given a deal as good as this?

I just can't wait until it all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back