War over Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question to Freo supporters.

With the amount of players that you have lost this year, (delisted players), can you afford to let Robbie slide for nothing. Put taking a firm stance aside, i mean you are going to have to pick up what like 6 or 7 players up this year, Isn't pick 24 a whole lot better than 70/80 or whatever pick you're going to need to use to fill up your list?

Anyone listening to Balmey on SEN

He thinks freo are absolutely mad for being so unreasonable and not taking 24 and insisting on 20 when 1st, there is not much difference in the picks and 2nd, pick 24 is available, pick 20 isn't!

He thinks it is absurd that they are carrying on like this! He's laughing about it!!

And he thinks 24 is more than reasonable. And that is a bloke who is at the coal face
I heard it as well.

Freo = joke.

lavaman said:
Serious question to Freo supporters.

With the amount of players that you have lost this year, (delisted players), can you afford to let Robbie slide for nothing. Put taking a firm stance aside, i mean you are going to have to pick up what like 6 or 7 players up this year, Isn't pick 24 a whole lot better than 70/80 or whatever pick you're going to need to use to fill up your list?

Mods........red card this fool........how dare he presume Freo are going to use common sense in trading.
Clearly must be trolling.:D;)

I heard it as well.

Freo = joke.

Mods........red card this fool........how dare he presume Freo are going to use common sense in trading.
Clearly must be trolling.:D;)

;)
Surely other people see this aswell?
You can be as stubborn as you like but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do what is best for the club, not what potentially makes you look 'strong'.
No one is going to care about the hard line Freo took in 5 years.
Everyone will remember where Warnock ended up and what he has done there.

;)
No one is going to care about the hard line Freo took in 5 years.
Everyone will remember where Warnock ended up and what he has done there.

Not quite true. Everyone still remembers the hard line Port took over Stevens... 5 years ago.

Opinion's still divided as to whether or not they were right. Personally I think they were, just as I think Freo are right now. They won't take pick 24? Fine, let's all move on. Freo have made their "don't f*** with us" statement, Carlton keep pick 24 and $1.4M over 4 years (if you believe reports), Melbourne get their freebie and Warnock goes home to earn shedloads more money than he otherwise would.

I don't want to see Carlton get him because they are being so damned smug about all of this.

I am also enjoying the whining. "Freo are being silly! Why won't they just accept what we offer? Waaaa Waaa wAAaaa"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what has happened?
I heard on the geelong advertiser site, that carlton and freo have come to a agreement

Well done freo for your very own version of - "We kept them honest" :rolleyes:
Had to laugh at Chris Bond's quote after the deeal was done.

"All we ever said was we wanted more than pick 24, and we got more so we are happy".

Actually mate, what you said was pick 6 or nothing.
Then you said an "earlier second round pick".........

but if that's the story you would like to sell your members and treat us all as fools then hey, it's your call.:eek:;)

I don't want to see Carlton get him because they are being so damned smug about all of this.

I am also enjoying the whining. "Freo are being silly! Why won't they just accept what we offer? Waaaa Waaa wAAaaa"

Bad f@#king luck pal! We got him and might just end up landing ROK in December while we're at it. ;):thumbsu:

Bad f@#king luck pal! We got him and might just end up landing ROK in December while we're at it. ;):thumbsu:

Good thing they have decided to rebuild princesses park because they'll need to widen the door even further to fit Judd and Warknobs head through. Seriously, who could pay an overated hack that much. 21 games.he'd be paid more than Murphy who is ten times better than warknob.

Carlton = geek club.

Good thing they have decided to rebuild princesses park because they'll need to widen the door even further to fit Judd and Warknobs head through. Seriously, who could pay an overated hack that much. 21 games.he'd be paid more than Murphy who is ten times better than warknob.

Carlton = geek club.

mmm

Interesting response from a melbourne fan

your friend nathan carroll will be making a cool 300K next year and you are trying to renege

perhaps if you got a sponsor you could pay him

with the economic crisis at the moment though you may struggle

you could whore yourself out like hawthorn has and approach the northern territory government?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back