Warnock Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I've sprayed the dude many times but he has a place at MFC. Sure he's a 1 trick pony with the spoils, but he's not alone in the AFL, just needs some support from his backline.

Even more importantly I'd hate to see him go to GWS. All clubs should boycott trading with GWS. They had their opportunity to select big bodied mature players via the 'uncontracted' rules they had to their advantage. They decided to go for promising kids. Righto, you had your chance, no trades - use your draft picks. Let's see how you go drafting untried kids and VFL hacks!!!

Even more importantly I'd hate to see him go to GWS. All clubs should boycott trading with GWS. They had their opportunity to select big bodied mature players via the 'uncontracted' rules they had to their advantage. They decided to go for promising kids. Righto, you had your chance, no trades - use your draft picks. Let's see how you go drafting untried kids and VFL hacks!!!

Agreed unless they're offering massive overs for him.
My mate has told me saints are very keen but can't do anything until all of their coaching stuff is sorted.

Agreed unless they're offering massive overs for him.
My mate has told me saints are very keen but can't do anything until all of their coaching stuff is sorted.

Could definitely understand St. Kilda being interested - he would be a major upgrade over Dawson. Interested to see what they might offer us in terms of pick or a straight swap type deal during trade week.

talk of Warnock and a pick or Warnock and player for sam Gilbert. Not reading too much into that though as I think it's just jibber jabber.

Do we need a Sam Gilbert though? The bloke can't kick to save himself. I think I'll pass.

SA Hawk - wouldn't be surprised to see you guys interested either, you could use a bit of a gorilla down back. Would take some pressure off Gibson which can only be a good thing. Not sure what you would have to offer as picks may not be something the club is interested in. And no, we aren't interested in Xavier Ellis... ;)

SA Hawk - wouldn't be surprised to see you guys interested either, you could use a bit of a gorilla down back. Would take some pressure off Gibson which can only be a good thing. Not sure what you would have to offer as picks may not be something the club is interested in. And no, we aren't interested in Xavier Ellis... ;)
A pick upgrade would be great for us but can't see how it will happen if Hawthorn don't acquire a pick from an alternate deal. Their 2nd round pick (46) looks headed for a F/S pick which means we'd be looking at their next pick coming into play which is 64.

Hypothetically if we got Gilbert and we could use a three way trade is there much we could get. He would have a bit of value.

He doesn't have as much value as he used to have. Ross Lyon got every ounce of ability out of him, not sure if he is capable of it anymore.

To be honest I've sprayed the dude many times but he has a place at MFC. Sure he's a 1 trick pony with the spoils, but he's not alone in the AFL, just needs some support from his backline.

That's a terrible mindset, given that we could benefit out of the deal. We're in no position to be arrogant about trading with GWS simply because they signed Scully from us. Get over it.

Also, are you aware that it's spelt resurgence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hawthorn are interested, I could imagine their first round pick for our second.

And you would have to keep imagining because that wouldn't happen.

Warnock played what, 4 games this year? His value (which would have been decent at the end of last year) is gone and we won't get anything of value for him, just trade him away for the open list spot.

Dear god... Imagine Schoenclangers and Warmock in the same backline... **shudder**

Ditto Schoey

Schoenmakers is however a 20 yo, who played mostly as a forward as a junior, so he's still learning (and making a few mistakes) how to be a defender, Warnock was drafted as a defender & has always a been a liability in decision making & disposal.

I don't think Warnock would go straight into their side, but I'm sure they wouldnt have minded him Friday when a big body like Cloke starts to fire against a smaller KPD like Gibson.

I guess it depends on a few things

Clearly by saying he was frustrated by lack of opportunity / feedback, the issue lay with Bailey etc.

Now Bailey has gone, if Neeld sees a place for him, he may convince him he's required

Either way, he's a handy 1 on 1 defender, but in reality he's depth

I have just heard a devastating rumour that Brent Moloney wants out and has requested to be traded to Essendon and has already met with James Hird. I did see that he wasn't going to the Browlow which I thought was incredibly strange considering he will probably get 12+ votes. Please someone put my mind at ease. Moloney's loss would be a tragedy for our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Warnock Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back