Warnock Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

TJ for Grimes? Brock for Gysberts? Yup we've really been screwed over at the trading table in the past few years:rolleyes:

I mean with players, not draft picks. We still had to select Grimes and Gysberts in the draft, there were a lot of duds drafted before them. As I said previously, if anyone wants to go or is to be traded, I think we are about due to get some players in exchange.

I mean with players, not draft picks. We still had to select Grimes and Gysberts in the draft, there were a lot of duds drafted before them. As I said previously, if anyone wants to go or is to be traded, I think we are about due to get some players in exchange.
We wanted picks not players. TJ got traded in a 3 way deal with Wood and the pick we used for Grimes, I'm sure we could have had Wood but what we wanted was the draft pick. At the stage our list is at I still think we'd be favouring picks over players.

Idiot.^^^^^^

Ouch....!

Would you rather a 3rd round draft pick for him..?? He wants out and we aint going to get much.. i realize Setanta isn't a world beater but i don't think he is that bad... Would like a big body to come in and help the forward line and scoring a big name in the trade table looks unlikely.... its just an option id throw out there looking at realistic options...

Ouch....!

Would you rather a 3rd round draft pick for him..?? He wants out and we aint going to get much.. i realize Setanta isn't a world beater but i don't think he is that bad... Would like a big body to come in and help the forward line and scoring a big name in the trade table looks unlikely.... its just an option id throw out there looking at realistic options...
You only trade for someone who is guaranteed to be in your best 21. Setanta doesn't fit that criteria. I'd rather just upgrade a draft pick than trade for a list clogger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch....!

You know, Big Setant might be the big guy we need to get forward. Carlton need someone to help Jamison down back. I see it as a good deal for both clubs.

Not the silliest suggestion imo.

In fact, I'd almost rate Setanta a better footballer than Warnock and I'd rather have a half-decent forward/ruck than a half-decent KPD sitting on our list, considering our list's strengths and weaknesses.

Could be a win-win on the lower echelons of exciting trades.

<<insert joke about how much Casey & the Northern Blues will benefit from this trade>>

Fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

But seriously you don't think Setanta would be walk up start at full forward given our forward line atm?

He played 8 games this year at Carlton. Clearly not getting the opportunity it would seem.

Fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

But seriously you don't think Setanta would be walk up start at full forward given our forward line atm?

He played 8 games this year at Carlton. Clearly not getting the opportunity it would seem.

Ah that must've gone over my head- who are the Northern Blues?

Sadly Setanta would easily get a game at full forward for us- and unless Cook puts on 15 kgs over the next two years he'd probs get a game in 2013 too. I guess it's not the worst idea, but I can't bring myself to like it! :p

Ah that must've gone over my head- who are the Northern Blues?

Sadly Setanta would easily get a game at full forward for us- and unless Cook puts on 15 kgs over the next two years he'd probs get a game in 2013 too. I guess it's not the worst idea, but I can't bring myself to like it! :p

Oh what I meant was the Bullants will no longer exist. They'll be the Blues from next year. That rolleyes wasn't at you, it was at them. Sorry for the poor choice of smilie and confusion caused.

Yeah, understand your hesitation on with Cook around. But if anything Cook has been poorly handled in so far as us having Fev in the VFL squad. We get Setanta, and we get Cook playing some hard VFL footy in the spot we want him to play. Theres nothing like competition for a spot in the 22 which could spur both Cook and Setanta on. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Warnock Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back