Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

The club came out today and said they don't have an issue with anyone at the club voicing their support for either candidate.

That should put the matter to bed.
They don't care, it has zero impact on the voting (or result), so why do so many here keep complaining about it.

The Club said it's ok? Oh well that changes everything.

As long as it wasn't an organisation who endorses conflict of interests between different levels of management harboured through animal cruelty, an organisation that actively participates in nepotism and settling for the 'best candidate for the role (because they are already employed) or an organisation who only turns inwards when reviewing a failed decade and then controls the narrative through paid media mouths to take the heat off their blatant self preservation and empire building. Because I sure as shit would't trust that organisation to take an ethical stance on anything, let alone what is meant to be an impartial corporate vote.

As someone who’s worked in the media and is in the business of self promotion this is perfect, it gives him more air time and more to talk about. its great for business.
Always enjoy you parroting David Koch lol

Thank you too Lil.

Do you plan to stand up at the AGM and … defying all around you … ask Koch a direct question worthy of media exposure?

Denis
Wonderful recognition of Peter Chan. Great work in HK. Great that you ”lit the flame”, I was at a Premiers function the night before the game as I had a mate working with Weatherill. It was really impressive seeing the quality and quantity of people who were there networking for South Australia.

And having a coaches brother and dad having strong media presences protecting a relatives employment.

Or having a board nominees daughters partner siding with someone who might keep them employed longer.

Or having coaches and players having a financial stake in a race dog.

Etc..
I’m happy with having brothers, sisters, fathers etc. I want to to see Greg amd Erin Phillips, the Burgoynes, the Eberts etc i think it’s a positive having a family feel.

I’m happy with having brothers, sisters, fathers etc. I want to to see Greg amd Erin Phillips, the Burgoynes, the Eberts etc i think it’s a positive having a family feel.
Players usually have to get their jobs on tangible merit and ability, it isn't comparable at all.

Nonetheless though, the club has had a fair few suspicious brotherly signings over the years. Matthew Westhoff, Danny Butcher, Marlon Motlop...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Players usually have to get their jobs on tangible merit and ability, it isn't comparable at all.

Nonetheless though, the club has had a fair few suspicious brotherly signings over the years. Matthew Westhoff, Danny Butcher, Marlon Motlop...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Marlon Motlop wasn't suspicious, he was pretty much universally rated as a second round talent. Just didn't work out.

Matt Westhoff and Danny Butcher though, yikes.

Marlon Motlop wasn't suspicious, he was pretty much universally rated as a second round talent. Just didn't work out.

Matt Westhoff and Danny Butcher though, yikes.
Cam Hewett and Riley Grundy. Their bros didn't even play here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lockhart Road i have an extended break from BigFooty over summer, but have now heard both of you on 5AA, who would have thought. Some people on here are actually real - right bomberclifford
Top stuff by Lockhart Road, his eastern suburb's education leapt through the speakers with that well modulated speaking voice ;), but there was no over the top emotion particularly when referring to koch which would have obviously been difficult if not impossible for many of us, and I particularly liked the way he took control of the interview in the final minute or so and got that last key point in with his endorsement of Tredders, when I suspect most would have bailed out and said goodbye when given that option by Timmy G.

Evidence if ever it was required the bloke can handle the situation whether it be in the company of peasants or kings!

The club came out today and said they don't have an issue with anyone at the club voicing their support for either candidate.

That should put the matter to bed.
They don't care, it has zero impact on the voting (or result), so why do so many here keep complaining about it.

What rot

No-one employed by the club will publicly back Tredrea
They know their continued employment would be in jeopardy

Coming out to support Abber however would get a pat on the head from Kockie

So anyone who has a differing opinion should piss off?
That is clearly not what was said.

"... for someone who thinks neither candidate will actually make any significant difference.

If that is truly what you think, do us all a favour and piss off.
"

So not a differing opinion but a specific opinion.

What rot

No-one employed by the club will publicly back Tredrea
They know their continued employment would be in jeopardy

Coming out to support Abber however would get a pat on the head from Kockie
And approval from CD and Mathew.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know you guys love him but this just cements it for me. WGT is all about WGT.

I'm genuinely interested in what it was about that tweet that makes you think this. It seemed a perfectly appropriate response, given the circumstances.

Yeah he's all about himself which is why he's currently trying to be elected to an unpaid, behind the scenes board position.
HE'S JUST TRYING TO SELL HIS PODCAST BRO

I'm genuinely interested in what it was about that tweet that makes you think this. It seemed a perfectly appropriate response, given the circumstances.
How dare he respond and request an unbiased and impartial electoral process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back