Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd actually be a board member that points out that it was the previous board that organised the deals with the SANFL/AFL. It was the previous board that did the hard work in getting to Adelaide Oval.
WGT has made the same point

?? at least Hitler won a few minor round games before failing in the big ones, as for Milosevic he's the 119 of the Balkans, the biggest loser in Balkan history.

Better comparison would be Douglas Macarthur tbh, talented but a bit of an arseh*le, then wanting to go all nuclear on the enemy regime and getting ostracised for his trouble ;)
Hitler totally 119'd France in the big dance. He just wasn't able to go back to back in Russia.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I thought you bailed from football at the end of last season?
Weren't interested anymore, woe is me, Port suck, no membership for me, until things change I'm done etc etc.

Pretty vocal for someone who bailed and apparently doesn't give a s**t anymore.
I haven’t bought a membership this season. When the club I have spent almost 4 decades supporting actually gets rid of the dud coach and a few others I will return to supporting financially. Flattered you read my posts though, but reading and comprehension doesn’t seem to be one of your strengths 😂😂😂😂😂

The club came out today and said they don't have an issue with anyone at the club voicing their support for either candidate.

That should put the matter to bed.
They don't care, it has zero impact on the voting (or result), so why do so many here keep complaining about it.
You really are a happy clapper aren’t you!

Hitler totally 119'd France in the big dance. He just wasn't able to go back to back in Russia.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Technically France was merely an away-ish PF rather than the end of the season (which elevates him above Hinkley by some measures but lets not go there). "Away-ish" in the sense of say Melbourne playing Carlton at Marvel where it's not the Demons' home track but not far away either, and they've marched over the same ground enough times in recent memory anyway.

Adolf had no chance against the game plans of Britain or Russia in the actual big dance.

Best we return to "normal" WGT shitpostings now ;)

I don't believe anyone genuinely sees Tredrea as a white knight. Our board clearly lacks someone with experience in what it takes to be a successful professional sporting organisation. Hopefully input from Tredrea will enable some of our more reasonable board members to better understand the impact of decisions on the football program and ultimately the on field success of the club.

It’s in the same ballpark of ‘you have to understand we can’t win every year!’ when people are still rightly furious about the sackmagnet that was the 2021 Prelim.

The extremes that are leapt to in an attempt to discredit those who want something, anything resembling accountability and change, are wild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically France was merely an away-ish PF rather than the end of the season (which elevates him above Hinkley by some measures but lets not go there). "Away-ish" in the sense of say Melbourne playing Carlton at Marvel where it's not the Demons' home track but not far away either, and they've marched over the same ground enough times in recent memory anyway.

Adolf had no chance against the game plans of Britain or Russia in the actual big dance.

Best we return to "normal" WGT shitpostings now ;)
Breaks out the deck chair against Czechoslovakia in the preseason. Beats up on minnows like Poland, Denmark, Norway, Low Countries, Yugoslavia, and Greece and thrashes an overrated France in the minor round. Chalks up wins against Britain and Russia early in the season only to capitulate against them when the whips are cracking in the finals.

Hinkley is Hitler confirmed.

I’m voting for tredders but I’ve heard what Aber has to say and would like to see them both on the board. Can’t we kick off one of the other no hopers and put them both in.
If the club and Koch like Abernethy so much he could knife Cacciatore and appoint Bruce in his place.

I’m voting for tredders but I’ve heard what Aber has to say and would like to see them both on the board. Can’t we kick off one of the other no hopers and put them both in.
The only other member elected board member is Snowdon who many thought had some footy nouce but he was on the subcommittee that recommended Daddy Donuts be given a contract extension.

Now now that Abba has shown that he is willing to take part in the boys club protectionism like this.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's never happened before in our AFL days.

The 2020 members elected director position, election held Jan/Feb 2021, didn't cause so much headlines, but the club wanted incumbent Trevor Thiele to get voted in and tried hard to make sure he got re-elected.

Trevor had replaced John Firth in the June 2011 SANFL threatened take over, post board change. John Firth was elected in by the members in December 2010 along with Darryl Wakelin for his second term.

Trevor was the only person who nominated for a board member elected position in December 2013 and with the constitution changed in November 2013, some directors got a 4 year term as part of the transition to AFL controlling the licence, so Trevor was up for re-election in 2017 elections held Jan/Feb 2018.

Fishing Rick (Poo Eckert) ran against him along with 3 others, he can tell the story in full better than I can, but there was a, no public campaigning convention, but there was plenty of ringing around by the club to encourage people to back Trevor. Trevor had been on the Magpies board for a couple terms before the merger, had been on The Port Club board and then as chairman for a long time, had been a coterie group member and family members had played for the club over 2 or 3 generations.

Wanganeen v Fiacchi the year after Rick ran was very low key.

So the Jan/Feb 2021 election comes along, the club wants Trevor back, but there is a mood for change and Kathy Nagle won. Go read the relevant thread on this board from that time, and see how many people on here voted for her, because they wanted change and accountability, even though they didn't know much about here.

Irony for me was I backed Rick in the Jan/Feb 2018 election, I wanted change, and didn't know Trevor until I met him at the Feb 2020 AGM and then backed him in the Jan/Feb 2021 election, still wanting change at the club.

Trevor and I had a couple of mutual colleagues and he was going to get involved in a couple of businesses my technology and infrastructure project wanted to invest in. I also introduced him to a mate and good Port man who was an executive at Barrick Gold in Toronto, as 3 or 4 weeks later, the biggest annual mining convention held in Toronto every year was on, and Trevor was going, as he is a director of Canadian Uranium company and one of his fellow directors had worked with my mate at Barrick Gold for a decade. They met as I had asked my mate to talk to his chairman about doing stuff for the China venture, as his chairman had left Goldman Sachs around 2003, and continued on with a career in both academia and business and knew all the Chinese leaders as he lectured them on economics, business and US politics at Tsinghua University. Things were looking good, then covid hit.

I continued talking and meeting Trevor thru 2020 and although wanting change at the club, I voted for him because he was my conduit to the board and club. But the mood for change was too big and as a 10 year director he was voted out. After 10 years, if Koch, Osborne, Cardone and Restas had to face elections, they would have been voted out like Trevor was.

In mid 1992 I moved to Sydney, the excitement of a new city, new friends, new job, new things to do, so footy didn't hold that big a place in my life, but the December 1992 AGM was pretty controversial when a motion was moved, and supported, to kick Bruce Weber off the board. I don't know what happened in the lead up and how it all went down, but its probably a bigger deal than the current board election. But this years election would easily rank #2.

Maybe those who were close to the club back in 1992, can recall how controversial that all was, compared to the current situation.
Pretty much. I got 22% of the vote and I’m sure if I did paid advertising I could have toppled him. Anyway didn’t matter. Im sure he was a capable
Man.

The club after that invited me into the marketing committee, ohhh my is all ill
Say.

When I did the company directors course, they pushed hard good governance is no longer than 6 years on a board, I agree with that position. It’s always about creating a base for someone else to improve. This transition over scheduled period allows for new ideas and motivation.

Having so many people on for so long is purely selfish ego driven IMO. It’s something pushed with the FBAA board and true to my convictions I resigned after my second term.

We are seeing the fruits of too
Many ego driven board members.

When I went to the US in 2017 and completed my 4th of the Entepreneurs Organisation masters program, (only 65 people globally chosen yearly from a 15,000 membership) there was a speaker (forgotten their name, apologies) they spoke about employee transition. As business owners we should be transitioning employees every 7 years if not sooner as peoples enthusiasm decreases and to bring new ideas into the company. I can see the logic on that also.

Long story short our board needs a clean out. See ya Kevin, Koch, Holly, James, Cos

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back