Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley and David Koch are absolutely 100% not all about themselves by the way!
Ken Hinkley is definitely not all about himself at the PAFC. He has numerous other family members to consider.

Hinkleys currently or formerly employed at the PAFC;
  • Daddy
  • Daughter
  • Son
  • Son-in-law
  • ???

Last edited:
I know you guys love him but this just cements it for me. WGT is all about WGT.
The board desperately needs someone to play the role of prickly campaigner who will stand up to Koch and not just toe the party line because the boss says so.

The fact that he's willing to call out the club's leadership on this while running for a board position instead of sucking up to them to win a popularity contest cements this for me.

If the board truly wants a disruptor in their ranks, they'll get one in Tredrea.

Last edited:
There is a bit of shithousery regarding the way the club is run. To suggest there are no rules regarding players coming out to support a board candidate is amateur hour. They could have nipped it all in the bud in-house but they’ve decided to go down this path. It’s so obvious they don’t want Tredrea and they’re happy to let it play out so if he gets in, he’s not going to feel welcome.

Lol. Tredrea has gone from Hitler to Milosevic.

?? at least Hitler won a few minor round games before failing in the big ones, as for Milosevic he's the 119 of the Balkans, the biggest loser in Balkan history.

Better comparison would be Douglas Macarthur tbh, talented but a bit of an arseh*le, then wanting to go all nuclear on the enemy regime and getting ostracised for his trouble ;)

I have stated that Burton's post will not change the result. But Tredrea is fully entitled to a fair vote.

Somehow turning it into a swipe at Tredders makes no sense.

?? at least Hitler won a few minor round games before failing in the big ones, as for Milosevic he's the 119 of the Balkans, the biggest loser in Balkan history.

Better comparison would be Douglas Macarthur tbh, talented but a bit of an arseh*le, then wanting to go all nuclear on the enemy regime and getting ostracised for his trouble ;)
Tredrea is Tito
Koch is Stalin

Tredrea is Tito
Koch is Stalin

hehe nice one

Tito fed up with Stalin sending assassins wrote openly, “Stop sending people to kill me. We've already captured five of them, one of them with a bomb and another with a rifle… If you don't stop sending killers, I'll send one to Moscow, and I won't have to send another.”

Lol that's not how the left operate
Just in case there was any doubt I want to make it clear that I'm laughing at you, not with you.

Well, no. I actually think it shows tremendous equanimity by him. Not wanting to castigate Burton, nor throw him under a bus, shows great empathy for his predicament tbh.

His issue is with the club's double standards, and why he initially sought an apology, or at least clarification on the way such things will be treated by the club moving forward, in the interests of integrity and probity (characteristics seemingly in short supply down Alberton way at this time).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A single board position getting this much media and speculation for the first time maybe ever is a good thing.

It means that less people are willing to sit back and watch them being pooed on from above and they're choosing to cast a vote.

The last election had something like ~2k votes cast.
It's never happened before in our AFL days.

The 2020 members elected director position, election held Jan/Feb 2021, didn't cause so much headlines, but the club wanted incumbent Trevor Thiele to get voted in and tried hard to make sure he got re-elected.

Trevor had replaced John Firth in the June 2011 SANFL threatened take over, post board change. John Firth was elected in by the members in December 2010 along with Darryl Wakelin for his second term.

Trevor was the only person who nominated for a board member elected position in December 2013 and with the constitution changed in November 2013, some directors got a 4 year term as part of the transition to AFL controlling the licence, so Trevor was up for re-election in 2017 elections held Jan/Feb 2018.

Fishing Rick (Poo Eckert) ran against him along with 3 others, he can tell the story in full better than I can, but there was a, no public campaigning convention, but there was plenty of ringing around by the club to encourage people to back Trevor. Trevor had been on the Magpies board for a couple terms before the merger, had been on The Port Club board and then as chairman for a long time, had been a coterie group member and family members had played for the club over 2 or 3 generations.

Wanganeen v Fiacchi the year after Rick ran was very low key.

So the Jan/Feb 2021 election comes along, the club wants Trevor back, but there is a mood for change and Kathy Nagle won. Go read the relevant thread on this board from that time, and see how many people on here voted for her, because they wanted change and accountability, even though they didn't know much about here.

Irony for me was I backed Rick in the Jan/Feb 2018 election, I wanted change, and didn't know Trevor until I met him at the Feb 2020 AGM and then backed him in the Jan/Feb 2021 election, still wanting change at the club.

Trevor and I had a couple of mutual colleagues and he was going to get involved in a couple of businesses my technology and infrastructure project wanted to invest in. I also introduced him to a mate and good Port man who was an executive at Barrick Gold in Toronto, as 3 or 4 weeks later, the biggest annual mining convention held in Toronto every year was on, and Trevor was going, as he is a director of Canadian Uranium company and one of his fellow directors had worked with my mate at Barrick Gold for a decade. They met as I had asked my mate to talk to his chairman about doing stuff for the China venture, as his chairman had left Goldman Sachs around 2003, and continued on with a career in both academia and business and knew all the Chinese leaders as he lectured them on economics, business and US politics at Tsinghua University. Things were looking good, then covid hit.

I continued talking and meeting Trevor thru 2020 and although wanting change at the club, I voted for him because he was my conduit to the board and club. But the mood for change was too big and as a 10 year director he was voted out. After 10 years, if Koch, Osborne, Cardone and Restas had to face elections, they would have been voted out like Trevor was.

In mid 1992 I moved to Sydney, the excitement of a new city, new friends, new job, new things to do, so footy didn't hold that big a place in my life, but the December 1992 AGM was pretty controversial when a motion was moved, and supported, to kick Bruce Weber off the board. I don't know what happened in the lead up and how it all went down, but its probably a bigger deal than the current board election. But this years election would easily rank #2.

Maybe those who were close to the club back in 1992, can recall how controversial that all was, compared to the current situation.

Last edited:
Marlon Motlop wasn't suspicious, he was pretty much universally rated as a second round talent. Just didn't work out.

Matt Westhoff and Danny Butcher though, yikes.

Cam Hewett and Riley Grundy. Their bros didn't even play here.
Marlon Motlop is also not the brother of any other AFL footballer.

He has three cousins (Shannon, Steven and Daniel) who have played AFL, no brothers though.
One of those cousins had retired 2 years earlier, one is still 2 years off being drafted and Daniel playing at Port.

Last edited:
Marlon Motlop is also not the brother of any other AFL footballer.

He as three cousins (Shannon, Steven and Daniel) who have played AFL, no brothers though.
One of those cousins had retired 2 years earlier, one is still 2 years off being drafted and Daniel playing at Port.

OK I see your Motlop and raise you a Deluca.

Coming out to support Abber however would get a pat on the head from Kockie
Aber is the person running for the board that directly contradicts the "Kochie came in and saved the club narrative".

He'd actually be a board member that points out that it was the previous board that organised the deals with the SANFL/AFL. It was the previous board that did the hard work in getting to Adelaide Oval.

Koch just came in on the coat tails of all that work with a much strong option to sell to potential sponsors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back