Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Garbage dude.
Pulp Fiction Thinking GIF

Then * off and go watch TV instead of engaging.
You don't have to be here peanut.

This whole thread should be bookmarked, and returned to at seasons end, to see what difference one person on the board made to the results for the season - and if we ****ed up finals again.

And also so we can see what tangibles actually changed with Tredders (or Abba) on the board to ANYTHING to do with the club - on or off the field.

The white knight syndrome has grabbed most of you by the balls and will not let go.
Baffling.

It's not just about what he can achieve, although that is important. This is the most qualified football person we've had on the board in the Koch era, you could maybe make an argument for Fiacchi. That's not nothing.

It's also a protest vote against Koch. Koch can no longer argue that the dissenting voices are a noisy minority if someone Koch placed in direct opposition to himself gets 75+% of the vote. Koch v Tredrea has been a clear national media narrative surrounding the club in 2023, with Tredrea frequently referenced as we won 13 in a row right up until we shat the bed in finals. Nobody is going to be confused about Tredrea's position. Nobody is going to be able to argue that Tredders is on team Koch.

It's effectively a vote of no confidence in Koch from the members, and it'll be reported that way because you can't ignore the context of the relationship between the club and Tredrea in 2023.

How actually confident are we all that Tredrea walks this one in?

I'd have to say that outside of my immediate Port circle I've spoken to quite a few Abba voters who don't want Tredrea on the board because he's too much of a disruptor? (I mean that's exactly the point)

I think nearly all of us realise that Tredrea isn't going to be appointed and all of a sudden Ken and Koch pack their bags. He's platformed himself as a bit of a vote of no confidence in Koch, he wants to ask questions and push for accountability.....that's all we expect, and hope we get. Perhaps should he win he can begin the wheel actually turning on a cultural and personnel shift down there over time.

I just never thought I'd see a time when boots on the ground club members actually back a coach that in some ways is practically anti port, is non successful, has been at the club for over a decade and has instilled a coach/players first, jumper/club second mentality in the players, I just don't understand what enjoyment they get out of it?

Koch has successfully neutered a fair portion of this club supporters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
It's also a protest vote against Koch. Koch can no longer argue that the dissenting voices are a noisy minority if someone Koch placed in direct opposition to himself gets 75+% of the vote.
Unfortunately this is incorrect. Koch is a self-proclaimed 'professional bullshitter', he can and will argue whatever he likes with no regard for whether or not it's true.

I'd have to say that outside of my immediate Port circle I've spoken to quite a few Abba voters who don't want Tredrea on the board because he's too much of a disruptor? (I mean that's exactly the point)

I think nearly all of us realise that Tredrea isn't going to be appointed and all of a sudden Ken and Koch pack their bags. He's platformed himself as a bit of a vote of no confidence in Koch, he wants to ask questions and push for accountability.....that's all we expect, and hope we get. Perhaps should he win he can begin the wheel actually turning on a cultural and personnel shift down there over time.

I just never thought I'd see a time when boots on the ground club members actually back a coach that in some ways is practically anti port, is non successful, has been at the club for over a decade and has instilled a coach/players first, jumper/club second mentality in the players, I just don't understand what enjoyment they get out of it?

Agreed, even amongst those members who are dissatisfied with Hinkley there will still be a high percentage who the kokmeister `has successfully neutered,' and who still see him as some type of messiah.

Like no doubt many I still expect Tredrea to win, but I strongly suspect it won't be anything like the walk in the park victory many on here are expecting!

Agreed - the ‘financially stable’ line rings true with lots of people, don’t upset that apple cart is probably a vote for Abba.

This whole thread should be bookmarked, and returned to at seasons end, to see what difference one person on the board made to the results for the season - and if we ****ed up finals again.

And also so we can see what tangibles actually changed with Tredders (or Abba) on the board to ANYTHING to do with the club - on or off the field.

The white knight syndrome has grabbed most of you by the balls and will not let go.
Baffling.

The plan is for Tredrea to be just the start. But it's a critical start.

This regime needs to be overthrown. We need to rid our club of the no hopers at board, administrative and yes coaching levels. The loser culture that has been fostered for 11 years and counting is a serious threat to the club's long term success. We need to act now whilst there are still good Port Adelaide people who can turn this thing around. And we need to act whilst enough supporters still expect success - don't forget that anyone under about 30 can't remember the club winning a premiership and have been conditioned by the club and media to think we're a little battler club and winning premierships is too hard.

The very real risk here is that we turn into another St Kilda or Fremantle and our club is lost forever. I for one applaud Warren for refusing to fiddle while Rome burns.

How dumb are people? Loved Aber when he burst onto the scene as a 17 year old, wonderful player and club great but...........he was literally on the Board when we almost went under. I understand the pillars were put in place before idiot Koch arrived however Aber was a director before that.
In saying that, Hinkley is in his twelfth year. Some people are scarily dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Tredrea will win but wouldn’t be surprised if it was Abernethy. Most of my family and a friend I know have voted for him (so they say) but have come across one or two who think he’s too much of a disruptor. I’ll say “yes that’s what we want“ and I’ll usually get something like “yeh but there’s a way of going about things…”
Like I said I think he’ll win but I’m wary of a vote that leans towards conservatism. People not wanting change.
Wonder where I’ve seen that before.

How dumb are people? Loved Aber when he burst onto the scene as a 17 year old, wonderful player and club great but...........he was literally on the Board when we almost went under. I understand the pillars were put in place before idiot Koch arrived however Aber was a director before that.
In saying that, Hinkley is in his twelfth year. Some people are scarily dumb.
People forget very easily, the excessive feed of content has created this

The plan is for Tredrea to be just the start. But it's a critical start.

This regime needs to be overthrown. We need to rid our club of the no hopers at board, administrative and yes coaching levels. The loser culture that has been fostered for 11 years and counting is a serious threat to the club's long term success. We need to act now whilst there are still good Port Adelaide people who can turn this thing around. And we need to act whilst enough supporters still expect success - don't forget that anyone under about 30 can't remember the club winning a premiership and have been conditioned by the club and media to think we're a little battler club and winning premierships is too hard.

The very real risk here is that we turn into another St Kilda or Fremantle and our club is lost forever. I for one applaud Warren for refusing to fiddle while Rome burns.
To your last point, we have already turned into Fremantle and St.Kilda. That has happened since 2015.

We're a nice club run by a "nice" guy. The perfect embodiment of what the AFL wants interstate clubs to be. Not quite good enough to beat the big Victorian clubs on the field and not big enough to matter in the scheme of the off-field politics in the game.

That's the reality and has been for a long time now.

I'm hoping Tredrea getting on the board is the start of something but while the current regime remains we aren't moving out of what we already are.

Bruce on the 5AA sports show now. Not sure how to take it. Said plenty of things I am sure many members will like. On one hand talks about the disappointment of finals but regarding Ken we get a bit of that message we hear from the current Ken apologists “who are you gonna get” Graham Cornes also not quite accurate with his information that Burton only liked the Abernethy social media post and he didn’t share it.

Bruce on the 5AA sports show now. Not sure how to take it. Said plenty of things I am sure many members will like. On one hand talks about the disappointment of finals but regarding Ken we get a bit of that message we hear from the current Ken apologists “who are you gonna get” Graham Cornes also not quite accurate with his information that Burton only liked the Abernethy social media post and he didn’t share it.
Graham Cornes barely knows that social media exists, let alone how it works.

My lord, that "who else are you gonna get" argument is quite possibly the most frustrating, non sensical, counter point I think I've ever heard in any debate ever!

I've had it with people before, it's tantamount to arguing with an actual brick wall.

but regarding Ken we get a bit of that message we hear from the current Ken apologists “who are you gonna get”

It’s laughable that this still gets trotted out, especially after the near-instant success of Craig McRae, the rookie year of Adam Kingsley, and L-plate Sam Mitchell playing us off the park with a bag of spuds in his maiden away game.

It’s laughable that this still gets trotted out, especially after the near-instant success of Craig McRae, the rookie year of Adam Kingsley, and L-plate Sam Mitchell playing us off the park with a bag of spuds in his maiden away game.
Yeah but at least they can pretend Ken was a better option than Adem Yze (until we play Richmond).

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back