Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Advertiser | Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea following his "good call" comment to a radio caller abusing Ken Hinkley.

JAY CLARK has the details.

Bucks was only marginally better over his decade long tenure. McGuire had so much man love for Bucks it blinded him just like Koch's stability mantra blinds him.

And getting rid of both of them and a lot of no hopers saw Collingwood improve out of sight.

Koch doesn't love Ken, he loves his own image and doesn't want to tarnish that if the media gets tough on him.

Remember him blasting the players in the change room and repeating it to the crowd in the Magarey Room post match function after the 2017 EF loss? I actually was very happy that Koch teed off and was as angry as I was. Probably didn't use the right words to the players but at least he was pissed off with the failure.

But then he capitulated as from Sunday morning the Vic footy media mafia, the SA footy media mafia and the Ken supporters, came out publicly and bagged him and it tarnished his image of being a nice dorky dad to his sunrise viewers. Can't be seen to be a ruthless white collar finance type to them.

It is why I draw a line on the calendar at 11.59pm Saturday 9th September 2017 when evaluating them all - coaches, players, board and admin.

I mark them all pre that 11.59pm cut off and post that, and the gap between their marks, is wider than the Grand Canyon.
Boak had a sook after Koch's reaction to the 2017 EF loss I actually think it's when I stopped giving two shits about Trav tbh he may be the product of a mediocre environment, but it screamed not ruthless.

Nothing more than clickbait rehashing this non-story.

The Advertiser said:
Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea about being more careful when commenting about club matters on radio.

The Power have not threatened Tredrea or tried to gag him but have reminded the champion forward about his obligations as a board member.

Port is keen to avoid another on-air controversy involving Tredrea as the club prepares to take on the Western Bulldogs, which smashed Port in the 2021 preliminary final by 71 points.

Tredrea was forced to clarify his position after saying “good call” to an angry Port fan who labelled coach Ken Hinkley a “con artist” and “delusional” following the heavy loss to Brisbane Lions two rounds ago.

I hope when the dust of the next 6 months settles, Ken gone, Trav retired, Charlie leaving the club, David Koch realises what endears Tredrea to the Port people and can revert back to being a Port person first and foremost. Not this cardboard version scared of ruffling the feathers of his own club in the pursuit of success. Talk like a winner, expect a reasonable showing on and off field, play the game (again on and off field) with pride in the jumper and the supporters you represent. Be on the right side of the curve and become a place that strives to be industry leading again, inspire those within your walls to come in and better themselves, not their image or their wallet.

Well done. Club is Fck'd sideways with issues and Tredders get "spoken to".

Scapegoat is actually a psychological term - the dysfunction and incompetence of the collective (the club) is dumped on the scapegoat (Tredders). The scapegoat is usually the truth teller that see's what's happening behind the false veneer.

Fck you Koch, Richardson, Hinkley and Davies. Run and hide you incompetent fks.

I hope when the dust of the next 6 months settles, Ken gone, Trav retired, Charlie leaving the club, David Koch realises what endears Tredrea to the Port people and can revert back to being a Port person first and foremost. Not this cardboard version scared of ruffling the feathers of his own club in the pursuit of success. Talk like a winner, expect a reasonable showing on and off field, play the game (again on and off field) with pride in the jumper and the supporters you represent. Be on the right side of the curve and become a place that strives to be industry leading again, inspire those within your walls to come in and better themselves, not their image or their wallet.
We can't wait and hope, we need to demand our club back so we can ensure that it happens.

"What better way for those who wish to hold tight to power at Port to fight back than to slander both the members and their elected members via their media allies. And if this is not the case why has no one at the club defended its own members and board members? A precursor perhaps for an argument not to return the club to the members when the chance arises?"

Caro on the Real Footy podcast (about 20 mins in) says Tredrea should step down as a board member.

Her co-host actually does a decent job of recognising that he is representing the fan base.
Yeah, he was elected by members for members. She should be praising his restraint in not booing.

Adelaide Advertiser | Port Adelaide officials have spoken with board member Warren Tredrea following his "good call" comment to a radio caller abusing Ken Hinkley.
Who are these officlals? Surely not management like Richardson? Tredrea's a director - he's there to provide governance over them, not the other way around. It's Koch's role as chairman to pull him up if anyone's going to do it.

Who are these officlals? Surely not management like Richardson? Tredrea's a director - he's there to provide governance over them, not the other way around. It's Koch's role as chairman to pull him up if anyone's going to do it.

It was Richo. Except Richo's message was that he supported the explanation, that he told Caro there was nothing to the "good call" comment when she made him aware of it, and the Club was fine with it.

Not quite sure why the media (specifically Newscorp) have also decided to jump on this story. There's literally nothing to it.

I hope the Club addresses it and supports their Board member (Warren) publicly, but I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then it kind of feels like it’s going to drag out. He’s a bit of a groomer when it comes to the players. “My boys” etc. I wouldn’t have a clue how each player feels about him but there were plenty of hugs after the game. Unless they’re great actors, I think they’re collectively still in his corner. I can’t see any mutual parting of ways until at least we are completely out of the race for the eight no matter how we perform in the coming weeks.
This.
Until it's mathematically impossible to make, they won't sack Ken.

It's just such an insane proposition that the supporters are wrong here for showing dissent. We get to choose what's good enough for us, not some flog journo from Melbourne. And it's not like it's the wet behind the ears coach that hasn't been given a run at it. He's had 12 years. Its been so long I've married, moved country, had kids, bought and sold homes. Meanwhile Ken has added precisely ****ing nothing to the cabinet at Alberton. We've literally voted a board member in precisely because he wanted Ken moved on. At what point might we be be entitled to raise our voices at our own ground and say what we feel? **** you Caro.

It's just such an insane proposition that the supporters are wrong here for showing dissent. We get to choose what's good enough for us, not some flog journo from Melbourne. And it's not like it's the wet behind the ears coach that hasn't been given a run at it. He's had 12 years. Its been so long I've married, moved country, had kids, bought and sold homes. Meanwhile Ken has added precisely *ing nothing to the cabinet at Alberton. We've literally voted a board member in precisely because he wanted Ken moved on. At what point might we be be entitled to raise our voices at our own ground and say what we feel? * you Caro.

klatschen-forced-clapping-pnl1c129sy57zk1k.gif

It's just such an insane proposition that the supporters are wrong here for showing dissent. We get to choose what's good enough for us, not some flog journo from Melbourne. And it's not like it's the wet behind the ears coach that hasn't been given a run at it. He's had 12 years. Its been so long I've married, moved country, had kids, bought and sold homes. Meanwhile Ken has added precisely *ing nothing to the cabinet at Alberton. We've literally voted a board member in precisely because he wanted Ken moved on. At what point might we be be entitled to raise our voices at our own ground and say what we feel? * you Caro.
Please post this on her twitter.

Why the **** couldnt st kilda and jack higgins not been so ****ing shit ffs
When Jack Higgins had his brain surgery over his bleeding issue, I think they took out some of his brain by mistake - the part that deals with logic.

To have a set shot on your left foot, 25m out no more than a 25 degree angle to the disadvantage a right footer, and not even make the distance, smacks of complete lunacy.

Ross Lyon should have torn absolute strips off him so he never attempts it again. The simplest of set shot right foot kicks for s bloke who is paid to kick goals, and he goes and does some fancy shit that was completely incompetent. But but but there was 8 1/2 minutes left.

Too many right footers cant use their left foot and he wanted to be some sort of fancy hero.

He must be another one of those Ken Hinkley supporters Caro got a phone call from.

No, seeing the crowd seeing gives them a circle jerk they have us united still. Seeing people sit on the arse with scarf around neck sends the message you’re stuffed
I disagree.

I think that just allows them to go with their "not a real supporter" narrative.

Singing loud and proud for the club amd telling the incumbents to get ****ed is more my style.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I disagree.

I think that just allows them to go with their "not a real supporter" narrative.

Singing loud and proud for the club amd telling the incumbents to get ****ed is more my style.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They will say that regardless. I can’t think of a supporter base other than ours that gets whacked continuously for wanting success or our history recognised

I don’t remember Caro being this personal with someone ever. I think they’ve had a very nasty phone call behind the scenes hence why Caro is being so unhinged.
She went after James hird and Essendon for a much longer time and was worse.
She’s not nice.

They will say that regardless. I can’t think of a supporter base other than ours that gets whacked continuously for wanting success or our history recognised
I think Geelong copped a bit during the 2010's, for wanting to see the back of Scott after his run of finals losses.

And the reality is, Scott probably did underperform for the positions he got his team into across 2012 to 2020, and deserved the scrutiny. Especially with the natural advantages Geelong has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back