Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I see it these attacks on Tredrea from the media are attacks on the supporter base as well. Whoever is leaking the shit out of actively engaging in it which won't end well for the club.

Tredrea was elected by the members for who he is and what he represents. He is and always has been a man who cares about the club first. From his playing days, through his career in the media and now on the board. Tredrea is the only media personality linked to Port Adelaide who has called it as it is and not sugar-coated the truth throughout Hinkley's reign. He's copping it from Wilson and that hack Cornes for one good call comment and the actions of the fans who expressed their frustration at 12 years of mediocrity under Hinkley. It's nonsense.

Tredrea is copping the same bullets as the fans for booing Hinkley. It's utterly pathetic. What angers me the most is a Premiership player for the club is actively showing his disdain for the same clubs supporters who supported him through his playing days. And the fact that Kane will throw his Premiership captain under the bus for an agenda to support Hinkley and his brother says everything you need to know about him. Players who play in Premierships are meant to have a bond with their teammates and shouldn't be undermining them publicly so blatantly. That doesn't sit well with me.

But what I'd like to know is who from the club is pushing the agenda against the fans and Tredrea. Cause if they push the fans and Tredrea away most won't come back. And it's something that needs to be addressed more so then hit pieces aimed at Tredders.

The way I see it these attacks on Tredrea from the media are attacks on the supporter base as well. Whoever is leaking the shit out of actively engaging in it which won't end well for the club.

Tredrea was elected by the members for who he is and what he represents. He is and always has been a man who cares about the club first. From his playing days, through his career in the media and now on the board. Tredrea is the only media personality linked to Port Adelaide who has called it as it is and not sugar-coated the truth throughout Hinkley's reign. He's copping it from Wilson and that hack Cornes for one good call comment and the actions of the fans who expressed their frustration at 12 years of mediocrity under Hinkley. It's nonsense.

Tredrea is copping the same bullets as the fans for booing Hinkley. It's utterly pathetic. What angers me the most is a Premiership player for the club is actively showing his disdain for the same clubs supporters who supported him through his playing days. And the fact that Kane will throw his Premiership captain under the bus for an agenda to support Hinkley and his brother says everything you need to know about him. Players who play in Premierships are meant to have a bond with their teammates and shouldn't be undermining them publicly so blatantly. That doesn't sit well with me.

But what I'd like to know is who from the club is pushing the agenda against the fans and Tredrea. Cause if they push the fans and Tredrea away most won't come back. And it's something that needs to be addressed more so then hit pieces aimed at Tredders.
Well said. My thoughts exactly.

“Ken saved Port Adelaide”
The collective amnesia about what was already in place before Koch and Ken came to the club is so frustrating. You see it all the time from Happy Clappers as well as lazy/disingenuous media types. Ironic considering we're always being told to remember 2012.

It's Ken and CD.

The only person really pushing the "Save Hinkley" agenda is Caro. Even Kane has more or less resigned himself to the fact that Ken is going to be gone soon. You could Whateley in there too but he's just a sycophant who has sheer disdain for the supporter base as opposed to targeting any one individual like Caro has with Warren.

Ken knows that without Warren in the picture, he's probably safe because the rest of the Board don't have the guts to make a call on him. So he gets his Pitbull out to make one last attack to see if they can get him out of the Club. Warren will stick fat. The Club have backed his comments so there really isn't any more to this story.

Caro is getting desperate. Kane couldn't even get a word in on classified last night when she was attacking Tredrea.

It's Ken and CD.

The only person really pushing the "Save Hinkley" agenda is Caro. Even Kane has more or less resigned himself to the fact that Ken is going to be gone soon. You could Whateley in there too but he's just a sycophant who has sheer disdain for the supporter base as opposed to targeting any one individual like Caro has with Warren.

Ken knows that without Warren in the picture, he's probably safe because the rest of the Board don't have the guts to make a call on him. So he gets his Pitbull out to make one last attack to see if they can get him out of the Club. Warren will stick fat. The Club have backed his comments so there really isn't any more to this story.

Caro is getting desperate. Kane couldn't even get a word in on classified last night when she was attacking Tredrea.
How do we go after CD as well? Or do we keep the focus on Ken, and hope that the house of cards collapses soon after his demise?

How do we go after CD as well? Or do we keep the focus on Ken, and hope that the house of cards collapses soon after his demise?
Dont dilute an argument, stick to one thing and focus

It's Ken and CD.

I still don't trust the rest of the board to make the hard call when the time comes.

They might be saying they will now but when push comes to shove and some weak argument is made to keep him....

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So, Wilson is essentially saying Tredrea is sticking up for Cripps.

This is obviously bullshit and being fed by someone.

It's Jake Niall pushing back in that podcast. Even he was saying Tredrea needed to 'stick fat' with Ken. Just **** off. The proposition that unquestioningly backing a coach is what you need to do is just bullshit.

Wilson then goes on to call Tredrea 'gutless'. The personal venom she is happy to fling around is quite unedifying.

The missing element here is that if/when we call time on Ken, the board will cop heat for the extension, needlessly dishing out $1.5 million only to give him the arse not even half way through the contract. They are absolutely waiting and determining when they can cut ties, while minimising/deflecting any embarrassment and accountability (as per usual)

This is 100% correct

It will be stage managed down to the micrometer

So, Wilson is essentially saying Tredrea is sticking up for Cripps.

This is obviously bullshit and being fed by someone.

It's Jake Niall pushing back in that podcast.
I imagine Cripps has turned on CD and Ken after the way they have repeatedly publicly slammed his list build. And I don't blame him.

An enemy of your enemy is your friend.

View attachment 2036406

Still the all-time leader in average goal assists by a key forward.

Blew out his knee in a contract year when he was smackbang in the middle of his prime, and spent 2007-10 on rolling 12 month contracts worth a fraction of what his market value would’ve been if healthy.

“Selfish”.

Don't see any Richmond players there eh Caro

Selfish Tiggers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Death by a thousand cuts. Surround the tiger.

First, Ken has to go. He is the easier target at this point. And he will be gone soon enough. End of the year at the latest, most likely sooner. A 40+ point drubbing this week with more boos from the supporters at the ground could easily be the end of him.

At that point the focus shifts to CD. One step at a time.

First, Ken has to go. He is the easier target at this point. And he will be gone soon enough. End of the year at the latest, most likely sooner. A 40+ point drubbing this week with more boos from the supporters at the ground could easily be the end of him.

Who is CD's 2IC?

He must be so excited.

At least Niall acknowledged that Port supporters are fed up with the regime. Unfortunately, the analysis did not go any further than that and the general sense is that the playing list is not good enough and the club needs to stick fat with Ken (with whom they all sympathised).

We need to use the distain with which the AFL media looks at us and let them know we know and they can **** themselves if they think we are going to change.

Also, it would have been far more gutless for Tredrea to turn his back on the group that overwhelmingly backed him, particularly when no-one else at the club will not do so publicly.

That no-one with authority at the Club has acknowledged the importance of members and supporters throughout the attacks we have endured year after year is why, despite any financial wins they have had, the whole regime needs to fall.

This will only mean something to those who follow Spanish football but there are similarities between our position and that of Rayo Vallecano at the moment.

That should be the motto when the Four Frauds are shown the door, CLUB FIRST. Not the AFL, not the coach, not the SANFL, not the Chairman, not the captain, not the propaganda, it should always be the Port Adelaide Football Club first.

CLUB FIRST. It has been missing for over a decade and these weasels are being shown as the impostors and loser that they are and lacking integrity.

The other element of Tredders I would like to say is that he is the beacon of the Creed but he is doing it alone. You just wish a few old players, coaches or administrators stood up beside him.

Caro on the Real Footy podcast (about 20 mins in) says Tredrea should step down as a board member.

Her co-host actually does a decent job of recognising that he is representing the fan base.
The Melbourne Media keep missing the fact that Tredrea was voted onto the board by the members. With his opinion clearly known beforehand.

If Warren is creating division on the board, its not him that should stand down. Its the AFL appointed board members that should stand down.

Koch can go stick his head up his arse with his arguments that "we" get to choose our board. We don't Koch, the AFL appointed Chairman, that we never voted for chooses new board members. If we had more control of our board, we'd vote off more of them reducing the division.

At least Niall acknowledged that Port supporters are fed up with the regime. Unfortunately, the analysis did not go any further than that and the general sense is that the playing list is not good enough and the club needs to stick fat with Ken (with whom they all sympathised).

We need to use the distain with which the AFL media looks at us and let them know we know and they can **** themselves if they think we are going to change.

Also, it would have been far more gutless for Tredrea to turn his back on the group that overwhelmingly backed him, particularly when no-one else at the club will not do so publicly.

That no-one with authority at the Club has acknowledged the importance of members and supporters throughout the attacks we have endured year after year is why, despite any financial wins they have had, the whole regime needs to fall.

This will only mean something to those who follow Spanish football but there are similarities between our position and that of Rayo Vallecano at the moment.

The practically universal fingernail-deep ‘analysis’ of this kind is mindblowing.

The life of an ‘AFL journo’ must be tough — what with all singing from the same songsheet and not required to produce a single original thought.

DiD YoU kNoW hE’s WoN 6o% oF HiS gAmEs?!!!!

Be keen to know what Cardone thinks considering Eddie's comments the other day re 'Member own the club'. Eddie would see this for what it is I reckon, he'd see a coach for 12 years hasn't achieved a GF appearance.

That should be the motto when the Four Frauds are shown the door, CLUB FIRST. Not the AFL, not the coach, not the SANFL, not the Chairman, not the captain, not the propaganda, it should always be the Port Adelaide Football Club first.

CLUB FIRST. It has been missing for over a decade and these weasels are being shown as the impostors and loser that they are and lacking integrity.

The other element of Tredders I would like to say is that he is the beacon of the Creed but he is doing it alone. You just wish a few old players, coaches or administrators stood up beside him.
Not alone but you are right he deserves more big name support.

The Melbourne Media keep missing the fact that Tredrea was voted onto the board by the members. With his opinion clearly known beforehand.

If Warren is creating division on the board, its not him that should stand down. Its the AFL appointed board members that should stand down.

Koch can go stick his head up his arse with his arguments that "we" get to choose our board. We don't Koch, the AFL appointed Chairman, that we never voted for chooses new board members. If we had more control of our board, we'd vote off more of them reducing the division.
The more he gets attacked the more I think this is part of a bigger campaign by Koch and co to retain control of the club and not let it "fall back into the hands of the unhinged members".

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back