Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he did pretty well with "Who do you think wants Port to win a flag more, me or you?"
Yep that was a brilliant reply
It's easy enough to cheer on Tredrea because it was a good call and he probably agrees with most of it and Caro and Footy Classified are muckraking journalists being fed by the pro-Hinkley camp and we want to see Tredders stick it up all of the above. I get that.

But think about what's at stake here. Tredrea is pissed off about how this has unfolded because he (probably correctly) sees it at as an attempt by a faction within the club to use Caro and Footy Classified as attack dogs, undermining everything he's been trying to do to build relationships and trust within the club and with other board members (the "breaking of the bread" that he referred to), with the ultimate goal of diminishing his effectiveness and even (as Caro alluded to) threatening his position as a board member. It's an ambush, but that doesn't mean that the best way to respond to it is by bickering with the attack dog. It's not about winning an argument with Caro but about protecting his position by putting the story definitively to bed. As Cypher asks of Trinity in The Matrix, how can Tredders (Neo) be the one if he's dead?

I get that it's much easier to write this stuff than to perform it live on-air in the face of Caro's gotcha questions and Rowe doing his best to create additional drama. But at the same time, Tredrea had three days to prepare for this interview, knowing what the main topic of conversation was going to be and knowing that this was his best opportunity to put the matter publicly to rest. Folks will probably dislike this comparison, but think of how politicians deal with this stuff. They allow the gotcha questions to wash over them, they don't get bogged down in a bickering debate with the reporter asking the questions, and they remain relentlessly focused on the message they want to deliver.
Totally get what you're saying but Wilson is a bully who was using information she shouldn't have been privy to. I'd try & shred her any way I could. He met her fire & I liked that.

Last edited:

Yes. Her father was president of Richmond when she got her start as a football journalist in the 80s. Classic vfl nepotism. I bet she went to a 'good' sc

Yes. Her father was president of Richmond when she got her start as a football journalist in the 80s. Classic vfl nepotism. I bet she went to a 'good' school too
Melbourne Girls Grammar.

Assuming that is 'good'.

It's quite telling that the moment Tredrea publicly made a 'questionable' comment, certain people at the club pounced and tried to smear his name.

I was shocked to see how easy it was for some of you to call into question Tredrea's intention/conviction. The last week validates that he has not wavered.

Last edited:
If your plan is for nobody who wants to sack Hinkley to go on the board to avoid 'compromising' themselves, how do you propose Hinkley ever gets sacked?
The opposite is true to
For hinkly to be sent on his way you have to have dissent Tredrea is silenced in the, big squeeze.
Having said that I see your point. If the supporters continue to make a lot of noise having people on the inside helps.

The opposite is true to
For hinkly to be sent on his way you have to have dissent Tredrea is silenced in the, big squeeze.
Having said that I see your point. If the supporters continue to make a lot of noise having people on the inside helps.
Dissent on AM radio has absolutely zero effect on whether Hinkley will be sacked. Dissent in the boardroom (i.e. the room of people who decide whether Hinkley remains employed) is the only thing that matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Labelling the supporters a "rabble" is once again, gutter journalism from someone who should know better.

Quite amusing her consistent attack on Warren. Beyond childish at this point.

Though it is absolutely true that this rollercoaster of emotions the Club are going through week to week is not sustainable - and Kane added that they expect to hear the boos again on Saturday.

The writing is on the wall and everyone knows it - as Matt Turner wrote last weekend, it's a matter of when, not if, Hinkley leaves between now and the end of the season.

Labelling the supporters a "rabble" is once again, gutter journalism from someone who should know better.

Though it is absolutely true that this rollercoaster of emotions the Club are going through week to week is not sustainable - and Kane added that they expect to hear the boos again on Saturday.

The writing is on the wall and everyone knows it - as Matt Turner wrote last weekend, it's a matter of when, not if, Hinkley leaves between now and the end of the season.

I am totally convinced that we are going to get a weekly drive by from Caro and Kane to Tredders and us the supporters then each Thursday Tredders and Caro go at each other like two boxers fighting for the heavyweight title until one of the two things happen either they kick Tredrea off the board for something stupid or Ken finally gets sacked.

Kane calling Warren a liar in public… then that’s just towing the company line…. I mean Caro basically said last week that’s exactly what you have to do…. What a beat up.

Davies must be a massive leak.

Does the show seriously rate high enough to get air time or have they completely given up as no one watches TV anymore.

Amazing news, who could have thought a board could ever have board members with opposing views. How can a club function.

I'm shocked, damn you Warren, don't you understand we should all vote and think the same.

Collective mind camp for everyone.

Last edited:

Next min…. ‘Ken was forced to leave the club’….

CD, the board and Koch let this all fester far too long hoping they’d jag one….. but they won’t and their ego’s got the better of them.

Time to treat it like a business and cut ties and move forward, less emotion just rational logical thinking would get you there…

CD, the board and Koch let this all fester far too long hoping they’d jag one….. but they won’t and their ego’s got the better of them.

Time to treat it like a business and cut ties and move forward, less emotion just rational logical thinking would get you there…

The missing element here is that if/when we call time on Ken, the board will cop heat for the extension, needlessly dishing out $1.5 million only to give him the arse not even half way through the contract. They are absolutely waiting and determining when they can cut ties, while minimising/deflecting any embarrassment and accountability (as per usual)

I could handle the comments if there was some reference to 12 years, haven't won a knock out final in 10 years, poor showdow record or even inability to play at their best in pressure situations.

I suppose jokes on us for getting sucked in and hitting the links.

Only take away should be "Be like Warren and not care what they think"

Surprised Richo or Koch haven't called out the media pile on as well to a degree. After all, I can't imagine that our multiple long term million dollar plus per annum sponsors would appreciate being associated with a "rabble" or an "angry mob."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back