Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

what you dont realise is that you were a lemming in the beginning to sing it. Anyone who thinks singing a inxs song prior to the match isnt happy clapper 101 dont realise they have been sucked in already. The reality is its a distraction that comforts you so when ever you go to the footy you get to go to the sing along that used to be reserved for only when you won, now you get it ever week and you are happy being part of that culture. I mean what person with any dignity goes to a footy game to share in a mass karaoke love fest.
When was it reserved for only when we won? Do you mean the club song after a victory?

I’m not sure singing NtUA pregame means one is a happy clapper. However it does show the powerbrokers the masses may be relatively happy. Having a growing faction not participate until Ken and Co are gone may send a message

Well he had close ties to Carr when Carr was still a player. Connect the dots from there.

Have you ever seen a situation where a Board has not publicly said a decision was unanimous particularly with regards to hiring or extending a contract of an AFL senior coach? Outside of Sheedy endorsing Hird over Scott, I can't recall of any.

Your notion of Snowdon being the enemy is absolute garbage.

Do you really think the Club would say "actually we debated this and there were a lot of differing views but in the end we decided to stick with Ken"

Of course not!

He's a member elected Director - not up to Koch as to whether he stays or goes.

If it were that clear cut, the Club would have come out and said Hinkley is safe, and shut down all speculation surrounding his job security in the media. Of course, they've stayed silent, and the Club publicly last week (Richo at the Chairman's Club function at the National Wine Centre) endorsed Warren's explanation of the "good call" comment - saying there was nothing malicious in it and gave public backing to his role on the Board and the Footy Committee.

I am near certain if you took a vote of all the Footy Committee who recommended the extension and the Board who ratified it, it would be near unanimous that they (in hindsight) made the wrong decision.
My notion may be garbage but it's my notion. I'm not privy to any inside info. Koch said Snowdon endorsed the footy committee's recommendation to extend Hinkley. Don't know if that's true. I based my opinion on Koch having told the truth. As my member elect, I was not happy when I heard that but again, that's just my opinion.

My notion may be garbage but it's my notion. I'm not privy to any inside info. Koch said Snowdon endorsed the footy committee's recommendation to extend Hinkley. Don't know if that's true. I based my opinion on Koch having told the truth. As my member elect, I was not happy when I heard that but again, that's just my opinion.
If David Koch told me the sky was blue I'd run outside to double check.

If you are attending games still (you shouldn't), you should be sitting with your arms folded for NTUA at the least.

Correct, if there were more ppl like us, Hinkley would have been sacked after the 2017 EF. That’s the day I made the decision to not renew my membership until the coach was gone. 7 odd years later and am still waiting !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

most probably where ever it means his continuation on the board, in others words a Koch lap dog....sad but true.
Mr Snowdon is a member elected board member so he doesn't need to nibble on the nuts of the chairman and co.

Unless otherwise proven, I think Snowden has to be given the benefit of the doubt. For all we know he might be biding his time like Tredrea.
I mean do we really think it was everyone on board extending Ken when Cahill was on the board?
He didn't need to endorse Hinkley being re-signed but from all accounts all directors (excepting the already exited Christine Zeitz) did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the right question to Caro with 2 finals in 10 years, no grand final appearance in 17 years, with the stadium deal arranged prior to Ken’s arrival and wages of approximately 10 mil, when is a suitable tenor period for Ken to be terminated, 15 20 25 years?

I wonder if the right question to Caro with 2 finals in 10 years, no grand final appearance in 17 years, with the stadium deal arranged prior to Ken’s arrival and wages of approximately 10 mil, when is a suitable tenor period for Ken to be terminated, 15 20 25 years?
It's interesting.. she was on FC about a month or so ago and said that if Hinkley doesn't make finals this year "he clearly won't be there next year".

Not sure if the narrative has now changed or what

I don't think we can take that as necessarily accurate. Board members are supposed to support board decisions in public, even if they disagree behind closed doors. Unless it is a direct leak from another director or first-hand, I would not believe anything said publicly about the board or individual director's positions on any matter.
The Football Committee would have made a recomendation to the board and the board accepted that.

Snowdon is on the committee and if he didnt back Hinkley, he would have argued against it at the committee meetings. He probably didn't argue against the committee report presented to the board. Would be strange for a director who helped co author the report, to vote against it.

Correct, if there were more ppl like us, Hinkley would have been sacked after the 2017 EF. That’s the day I made the decision to not renew my membership until the coach was gone. 7 odd years later and am still waiting !

With a true Port board it shouldn't come down to this.

IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg
IMG_0029.jpeg
IMG_0030.jpeg

You can thank this all-too familiar masterstroke of half-cocked Koch bluster.

He was never going to let Tony Cochrane take Hinkley off his hands and one-up him again after this fiasco.

View attachment 2038275
View attachment 2038277
View attachment 2038278
View attachment 2038279
View attachment 2038280

You can thank this all-too familiar masterstroke of half-cocked Koch bluster.

He was never going to let Tony Cochrane take Hinkley off his hands and one-up him again after this fiasco.
David "I'm a pro bs'er" whos fed every line through his earpiece Koch vs the man who single handedly crushed all opposition in a near one-man takeover of V8 Supercars and actually took the sport global. If we're to have a deadset prick as chairman of the club I'd take Cochrane anyday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back