Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was made when the contract was extended. We are pushing uphill.

I’ll give one fact: Davies trying to leave. Things weren’t as smooth as they seem now.
Didn't he try to leave last year too? It's clear that no-one else in the industry think our "leaders" are good enough for them.

As much as we wanted to believe there was some kind of chance that we wouldn’t have Hinkley next season, I couldn’t see a world where he wouldn’t be considering where we finished this year.

There’s some hope next season without Dixon at least. A fwd line of MG, JL, WR, SPP, OL and some upgrades will be good to watch.

I don’t see Ken coaching us for much longer - so there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

In the end, I appreciate having someone like Chewy on here to give us some sort of inside insight. Don’t blame the messenger.

Here’s to trade period.

As much as we wanted to believe there was some kind of chance that we wouldn’t have Hinkley next season, I couldn’t see a world where he wouldn’t be considering where we finished this year.

There’s some hope next season without Dixon at least. A fwd line of MG, JL, WR, SPP, OL and some upgrades will be good to watch.

I don’t see Ken coaching us for much longer - so there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

In the end, I appreciate having someone like Chewy on here to give us some sort of inside insight. Don’t blame the messenger.

Here’s to trade period.

lol we said this in 2017

Plenty of manipulation going on me thinks. Plenty of people being played.
Well think about, they read big footy. They have for awhile.

They see a poster making commentary of internal mechanisms. They either feed the person or should down the source.

My opinion on it is Koch had already made the call. He put it out there before the preliminary final. From that moment on Hinkley was never going. Koch wouldn't let himself be made to look stupid after he went out publicly saying Hinkley would coach us next year.

Everything after that was pointless. It was clear we were never going to sack Hinkley, the only way he'd go is if he walked away. And that was never an option.
Fair take. On a slight side note I watched the interaction between Koch & Tredders at the AGM very closely, when Koch interviewed Tredders after he was elected. Koch's body language was hilarious & the tension between them was very evident. It is clear Koch likes to win in a personal sense, it seems a higher priority than chasing premierships.

Let the dust settle, let all the discussions be finalised, let Chewy get healthy and I am sure he will give just such an update.
Looks like Chewy's source was played like a Tennessee fiddle.
Neither they, nor Chewy, would be impressed in the slightest!

Well think about, they read big footy. They have for awhile.

They see a poster making commentary of internal mechanisms. They either feed the person or should down the source.
Generally they shut down the source. What they haven't been able to prevent is continually being cleaned up by the Afl. This reflects very badly on their governance & the level of respect they are held in within Afl circles. If only they used these resources to actually chase premierships we might actually earn some respect within the Afl enviroment.

And maybe they could put these resources into addressing the fact that the players don't want to play in another GF coz they're scared of being flogged again.

If Port was a political party would you continue to vote for them? I rest my case. I am more comfortable in my own skin than most of you should be.
I can totally understand why you've jumped ship. Don't mind your choice of team either. I will stick with Port but if it was a political party there's no way they'd be getting my vote.

And then Koch next year goes on his merryway and gives Ken another 3 years. Are you okay with that?

Its a process, he's turned more people against Ken now than there were ever before. If he quits now and gets public, Koch will just come out and say Tredrea couldn't handle the pressure of a board member and he couldn't balance his media commitments while honouring the role of a director. He'll completely flip the script and make it sound like Tredrea has issues.

Have you never been involved in workplace politics haha?
The simple reality is, it's not enough. Koch still clearly has nought yes men around him who just do what they are told. No idea how, but we need to get some of those people off the Board and get the likes of Cahill back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was made when the contract was extended. We are pushing uphill.

I’ll give one fact: Davies trying to leave. Things weren’t as smooth as they seem now.
True re contract extension.

Re Davies, I read a media release that said he turned down Collingwood so once again finding the facts is difficult. He probably realised he was out of his depth at a club that actually wants to win premierships.

Here’s to trade period.

Yay, can’t wait for Garcia….maybe

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And then Koch next year goes on his merryway and gives Ken another 3 years. Are you okay with that?

Its a process, he's turned more people against Ken now than there were ever before. If he quits now and gets public, Koch will just come out and say Tredrea couldn't handle the pressure of a board member and he couldn't balance his media commitments while honouring the role of a director. He'll completely flip the script and make it sound like Tredrea has issues.

Have you never been involved in workplace politics haha?

I think what Tredders does is bring a sense of football reality to a group of people who had lived in a bubble until his arrival. They get new perspectives which helps them form new opinions.

I would hate to see him quit because Hinkley survives on, he has a lot of football knowledge to bring to improve other aspects of off-field operations.

In the meantime he may learn more about the political machinations of boardroom life.

I think what Tredders does is bring a sense of football reality to a group of people who had lived in a bubble until his arrival. They get new perspectives which helps them form new opinions.

I would hate to see him quit because Hinkley survives on, he has a lot of football knowledge to bring to improve other aspects of off-field operations.

In the meantime he may learn more about the political machinations of boardroom life.

If he does quit the board , he’d be a useful line forwards coach.

If he does quit the board , he’d be a useful line forwards coach.

He would, but there would be zero chance of that happening.

Yes, how to stay stagnant and business and watch all your competitors go past you. All this to learn from our so called business guru but making a clearly massive mistake that no good business leader does.

Thanks Ford. I needed to read this and hope it’s the case.

Maybe the realization of what he's really dealing with seems like an insurmountable task for one lone ranger.

He would have to way up his love for the club v his family and the risk of supporters turning on him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back