Roast Was the Positive only Thread but now it’s We Suck Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of positives but as tonight shows.... Still too many negatives.

A positive is we are tracking towards another high draft pick. Just don't muck it up by a couple of stupid late season wins, like we did last year.

Does everyone get a warm glow about those two wins - that robbed us of JHF!

Keep having noble losses and bank a top 4 pick

Our double up of West coast and North to come is concerning - hopefully a few niggling injuries develop as the season progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking forward to Fogarty being the main target this weekend. Unfortunate that it’s in Geelong where we don’t have a great record but you would hope he gets targeted inside the forward 50 at least 8-10 times
Let’s see if he is capable of winning some ball and getting shots on goal again

BURTON-Brett-400x447.png

oops sorry, wrong thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the spirit that Keays plays with. Its what makes him special to our team.
Forgot Keays in mine. Skills are definitely not the best but seeing a bloke just go and go like he does in your team has to inspire others. Real heart and soul type.

Gee's don't start a thread like this on the Crows board, negativity and pessimism only. Reading main other threads right now the rebuild has failed, Nicks is a complete disaster & we need a full clean out already. It's almost like people who wanted us to rebuild now are pissed off that we are rebuilding and that it WILL take time.

Anyway positives?

Our effort has been generally very good, most matches we've been in though in recent weeks goal kicking has been the biggest thing making us seem less competitive than we actually have been.

As far as players?

• Dawson! What an insane recruiting job. I remember half the board said we were paying too much for him (exaggeration, EDITED clarification for southerntakeoverwho didn't get it)
  • Hately showing a bit since finally playing midfield minutes of substance.
  • Soligo looks very good.
  • Rachele will bounce back, needs a rest but seen already how bright his future could be.
  • I'm pretty bullish on what McAdam is doing most of the time (aside from goal kicking), being kept out of the side has done him a lot of good as he wants it more now.
  • Butts looks a steady long term KPD, can Murray get to the level we need to join him? Sometimes he looks yes, other times not so much.
  • Cook looks the goods when he's playing too, hopefully get some more looks at him as the year goes on.

Probably missed a couple but there's some positives in the year if you want to see them. After a loss people always feel like the sky is falling. Reality is we were always likely to be a bottom 4 this year though would like to see us sneak up to 8-9 wins so there's a level of improvement.

Last edited:
As frustrating as the last month has been - solid performance with bad finishing skills costing us winning opportunities - I feel this is perfect for us. We need another top5 pick to get a quality star mid and finishing 10-12 doesn’t help

Hopefully we can kick poorly in 1-2 of the games against North and West Coast to nail the draft pick

We are at least showing we can compete with good teams for a chunk of game time and with natural development of a young side we can start to close that gap next year

At a time when we are crying out for skilled players, we have the likes of Parnell, Taylor and Cook who are only being held back by a lack of body maturity. One or two more years of weights and they will join Rachele and Soligo in what will be a far more skilled team than we have now. Add in the grunt of Berry and Pedlar and the future is bright.

• Dawson! What an insane recruiting job. I remember half the board said we were paying too much for him, shows how much half the board knows or even has seen.

I'm positive that you shouldnt tell lies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Was the Positive only Thread but now it’s We Suck Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back