Watters Sacked - Choco dodged a bullet

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
deal is done apparently. just a question of when its announced, according to those in the know on our board.

i'm very interested in what your thoughts on choco are. how has he gone? what was his role? did he have any involvement with the recruiting/draft/list management team? did he have any involvement with the match day coaching team and senior assistants? any major issues? any highlights?
I think choco had a marked influence on the development of our younger players and naturally was another experienced head in a fairly inexperienced coaching panel. On face value it looks like it was positive with his match day role. TBH I reckon there is a Q mark over his ability as a ft coach! his last couple of years at pa where bad and he seemed to be at the epicenter of all the shit going down with a reputation of being impossible to work with . Whilst he wouldn't be my last choice as senior coach, wouldn't be the first either

I reckon this role needs to be someone with a heap of experience, preferably someone with little interest in a senior coaching gig
Either way this puts us in a shit spot just days away from pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club would've know that this was going to happen a while ago. Chocco would've said something to them because I doubt he wants to make it hard for them. I reckon they have someone lined up and will be announced the same day that they announce chocco is coach.

deal is done apparently. just a question of when its announced, according to those in the know on our board.

i'm very interested in what your thoughts on choco are. how has he gone? what was his role? did he have any involvement with the recruiting/draft/list management team? did he have any involvement with the match day coaching team and senior assistants? any major issues? any highlights?

Imo if the deal is done then I think you should be stoked. The man, while he is a little weird and can be a little angry at times, knows hi stuff. But most importantly he is a teaching coach first and for most which the saints need. He didn't have anything to do with list management or the coaches on games day, but did sit on the bench and gave up to second feed back to players when they came off. He was the head of the development academy you could call it, particularly the 1 to 4 year players.

What he did do well was yell like a mad man on game day from the bench!!

Sorry Mate but I seriously doubt "it is a done deal". Really makes me laugh when BF posters say this on such important decisions at clubs.

If it is true, your Club needs better internal management as confidential information such as that needs to be kept in house. And you cannot tell me that if some BF poster knows it is a sure thing that the lead journos in this footy mad State would not have it as their leading headline.

Did these sources also know it was a "done deal" that Watters was going to be given the flick?

Sorry Mate but I seriously doubt "it is a done deal". Really makes me laugh when BF posters say this on such important decisions at clubs.

If it is true, your Club needs better internal management as confidential information such as that needs to be kept in house. And you cannot tell me that if some BF poster knows it is a sure thing that the lead journos in this footy mad State would not have it as their leading headline.

Did these sources also know it was a "done deal" that Watters was going to be given the flick?

More to this as the saints are apparently setting up their group for the interviews and if that's the case then I doubt choco is over the line. If it was the case then its another sham interview process that choco was so angry about last time.

One of them (who has been filling us in on the shit that was going on behind the scenes, between Watters and Pelchen, Dal Santo and Watters and so on- which many on here fought vehemently against, but which now looks like he was spot on with possibly all of it (with the club probably happy to leak some of that stuff to soften the blow if we did sack Watters)- and who has had heaps of St Kilda mail in the past, that only someone with extremely good contacts would know) told a bunch of us way back on Sep 30 that Watters was a "bees dick away from being sacked" and then that he'd heard "Watters out, Choco in" almost a month ago (I still have the text message from October 10 and he also tweeted it) and basically all those who tend to have the best St Kilda mail are saying it's Choco, including one who told Saintsational about the McEvoy for Savage and pick 17 trade the night before it happened, when no-one else had any wind of it, as well as other scoops.

None of those that we believe are close to the club are saying anything different, that I've seen. Basically what we're hearing is that it would take "something extraordinary" for it to not be Choco (as of last night, I've only just logged on today). Take all that for what you will. Nothing is "done" until it's signed on the bottom line though, I wouldn't have thought, as "extraordinary" things can always happen.

Even if it has been agreed to we will probably still go through the charade of interviewing a handful of other options though. The media would probably eat us alive if we just went and appointed him in few days, without having interviewed anyone else and done our "due diligence".

Nothings a given with the Saints. They are known to regularly implode.

I would laugh pretty hard and give a big sigh of relief if they picked Harvey as their new coach lol instead of our Choco!

Very highly doubt it will be Harvey. He barely got a look in last time around, despite being a "rolled gold club legend" and the reasons he didn't are almost certainly still the case now. Don't think he has the personality for the main gig- just too quiet and so-on. Wouldn't surprise if he's not even on the short-list, if we do go through the interview process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back