Watters Sacked - Choco dodged a bullet

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good on Richmond for making a stand. We already lost Leppitch, to lose Williams at this late stage would really hurt our preparation for next season.

If it had happened straight after the season I would still be disappointed if Williams left but at least it will give us time and an opportunity to find a replacement.

Don't_forget_you're_here_forever.jpg

But what about Williams? Surely if he wants to go the club will let him go.

I think if he really wants to go we will let him. But it's still a good stand by the club to make sure its poor form by the Saints.

Sounds a bit like the FFA, Victory and Postecoglou situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a degenerate useless club like Stk could find themselves without a coach in November and then expect every club to rollover and have their preseason disrupted for those useless rabble in Seaford Siberia.

Stick that up your jumper Pelican. No1 effs with B.Gale, D.Richo & RFC.

And then Coaches Assoc. Prez Danny Frawley, formerly of the red white and black hack brigade says it was a fair call by the Saints to sack Watters lol great representation of the coaches that, Spud!

Choco, do yourself a favour and stay away from Stk. they are nothing but amateurs.

Good on us but it's all talk to make sure everyone knows we don't appreciate St kildas amateurism affecting our preparation. But there is no way we would stand in his way IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Not so sure about that. The swans stopped Stuey Dew from going to Melb., and Eddie made it clear to Eade that he had to honour his contract at the Pies.

Choco has 1 year left on his contract so the balls in RFC's court - not Stk. or Choco's. If Tigers want to play hard ball, they can stop him.

So we have Campbell and Knights back together as part of our coaching set up. No thanks, couldnt think of anything worse.

Well if i wanted to be even more convinced it would be a good idea to get knights, your objection reinforces that idea :p. Seriously though you need to open your eyes. We should get Knights for the reserve side aspect ie management, development and some of the Intellectual Property of the cats game plan. Even the most avid anti Knights foamer cant deny his reserve track record at geelong has been nothing short of brilliant.

Not so sure about that. The swans stopped Stuey Dew from going to Melb., and Eddie made it clear to Eade that he had to honour his contract at the Pies.

Choco has 1 year left on his contract so the balls in RFC's court - not Stk. or Choco's. If Tigers want to play hard ball, they can stop him.
Too right. Sometimes you're put in the position of having to be a bit of a prick to look after your own interests. We shouldn't just roll over and let them tickle our belly to get what they want, even if it upsets Choco a bit. There will be more and likely better opportunities for him in the future anyway.

Footy is now a professional business and Choco is a professional employee.

He has a contract with RFC for 1 more year. If the Tigers block him from the Saints job, then he will honour his contract with RFC.

If he is not happy about that and does a poor job during the year, then he won't have any hope of landing a coaches job next time round.

I think he should honour his current contract and serve RFC for another year before being open to senior coach positions from other clubs. He's still young enough, only 55 yo.

Footy's a tough business so some times you have to play hard.

Well if i wanted to be even more convinced it would be a good idea to get knights, your objection reinforces that idea :p. Seriously though you need to open your eyes. We should get Knights for the reserve side aspect ie management, development and some of the Intellectual Property of the cats game plan. Even the most avid anti Knights foamer cant deny his reserve track record at geelong has been nothing short of brilliant.

I don't think Wally is questioning Knights' capabilities, he is talking about the fact that things were pretty frosty between the 2 of them, and possibly still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back