Watters Sacked - Choco dodged a bullet

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very highly doubt it will be Harvey. He barely got a look in last time around, despite being a "rolled gold club legend" and the reasons he didn't are almost certainly still the case now. Don't think he has the personality for the main gig- just too quiet and so-on. Wouldn't surprise if he's not even on the short-list, if we do go through the interview process.

Why don't the Saints just hire him without thinking about it and leave Choco to the Tigers :D

I think a tandem coaching duo of Danny Spud Frawley and Terry Tan Wallace (Batman & Robin eat your heart out) would be ideal for the Saints as these 2 have a coaching record that would fit in well down at Seaford (aka Siberia).

Danny would be great at development and Wallace would be great match day...

Make it happen AV Jennings real estate salesman Prez Summers :thumbsu:;)

I'd prefer ayresy, needs to be senior figure I reckon to teach the draftees a thing or two in addition to contributing to the coaching panel

Plus Ayresy has a cool mullet

pgayres_1002_wideweb__470x415,0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of them (who has been filling us in on the shit that was going on behind the scenes, between Watters and Pelchen, Dal Santo and Watters and so on- which many on here fought vehemently against, but which now looks like he was spot on with possibly all of it (with the club probably happy to leak some of that stuff to soften the blow if we did sack Watters)- and who has had heaps of St Kilda mail in the past, that only someone with extremely good contacts would know) told a bunch of us way back on Sep 30 that Watters was a "bees dick away from being sacked" and then that he'd heard "Watters out, Choco in" almost a month ago (I still have the text message from October 10 and he also tweeted it) and basically all those who tend to have the best St Kilda mail are saying it's Choco, including one who told Saintsational about the McEvoy for Savage and pick 17 trade the night before it happened, when no-one else had any wind of it, as well as other scoops.

None of those that we believe are close to the club are saying anything different, that I've seen. Basically what we're hearing is that it would take "something extraordinary" for it to not be Choco (as of last night, I've only just logged on today). Take all that for what you will. Nothing is "done" until it's signed on the bottom line though, I wouldn't have thought, as "extraordinary" things can always happen.

Even if it has been agreed to we will probably still go through the charade of interviewing a handful of other options though. The media would probably eat us alive if we just went and appointed him in few days, without having interviewed anyone else and done our "due diligence".
Fair enough, and he well prove to be correct, but again, I treat that with a grain of salt Mate. No way known would your Club be leaking that sort of info, or if they are, they should sack the person leaking it.

Both major papers are saying that your Club have just set up the panel to choose the next coach, and it includes Tom Harley, who is Sydney based???? If your Club has already made the decision to appoint Chocco, they are showing Harley huge disrespect and wasting his time. Why would they bother doing that??

I'd prefer ayresy, needs to be senior figure I reckon to teach the draftees a thing or two in addition to contributing to the coaching panel

I'd rather punch myself in the nuts than to see that silly anywhere near punt road. He would spend the whole time white anting and undermining the senior coach. I find it funny that he tries to mimic his mate Brereton. Knob.

based on common sense and runs on the board, matty knights surely ticks all the boxes and is past the post if the price is right and knighta is keen...

If Chocco does leave. I would throw the kitchen sink at Knights. Not just for the good feeling story of a X tiger champion coming back to the club BUT for the IP he would bring from geelong in development and how they manage there reserve side.

So we have Campbell and Knights back together as part of our coaching set up. No thanks, couldnt think of anything worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back