WC vs Essendon - 2hr Delay

Remove this Banner Ad

BadSeed

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
*sigh*... why do we year in year out have to put up with this utter crap from Channel Seven? The game has been sold out according to ticket master (I understand around 500 or so tickets will be "resale" from members and they may release a few more... but getting your hands on a ticket to the game live is not easy (unless u fork out big money from the jokes on ebay etc).

So why do we have to put up with the 2hr delay? I mean, who cares about Home and Garden shows, put the bloody footy on. Not even foxtel are allowed it live, they have a 3hour delay.

Sorry had to vent... here's hoping I score a ticket tomorrow.

I dont understand why they cant put it live on 7two like 10 did with 1. That way they can still put it on at 830 on 7 if they want but allows people to see it live.

have been saying for years that it wouldn't bother me one bit if all sports (AFL, league, cricket - which is live anyway on nine, union, tennis, golf etc,.) went to foxtel. because at least they'd show everything live like it should be.

obviously foxtel don't have the cash to take everything on (or do they?? i don't know. doubt it) but basically what i'm saying is it wouldn't bother me to fork out $$$ if it meant getting everything live - the way sport should be. this current ad's doing the round of "keep live sport on free to air tv" is bollox IMO. If the FTA channel's continue to do this sort of shit they can go **** themselves. People can crap on about people on tight budgets, which is exactly where i am now (student), but i would happily find $25 a week (even less if your in a sharehouse, or with a gf/bf/husband/wife) for Foxtel if they had everything.

channel 7 are the worst offenders. they're coverage of the tennis was disgraceful.

fortunately this game is live in melbourne, but most games on FTA aren't live into Melbourne.

how come Foxtel isnt showing it live?

They aren't allowed to under the agreement between the three broadcasters. Even if they could, they don't give a shit about Perth. As long as they keep the Melbourne audience happy, it more than looks after their quota.

But look on the bright side, at least we get every game on FTA, a lot of people in Melbourne aren't that lucky!

I dont understand why they cant put it live on 7two like 10 did with 1. That way they can still put it on at 830 on 7 if they want but allows people to see it live.

They're not allowed to use the multi channels for AFL games - as they are protected by the anti-syphoning list. Having read through the submissions - it looks like with growing digital acceptance - this may change in the future.

The reason Ten/One could do it - was because they were showing pre-season games - which aren't protected like H&A season games. You'll note Ten didn't do it for the first Thursday night game.

Even still - the only way we'll get it live would be if the AFL mandate it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have been saying for years that it wouldn't bother me one bit if all sports (AFL, league, cricket - which is live anyway on nine, union, tennis, golf etc,.) went to foxtel. because at least they'd show everything live like it should be.

obviously foxtel don't have the cash to take everything on (or do they?? i don't know. doubt it) but basically what i'm saying is it wouldn't bother me to fork out $$$ if it meant getting everything live - the way sport should be. this current ad's doing the round of "keep live sport on free to air tv" is bollox IMO. If the FTA channel's continue to do this sort of shit they can go **** themselves. People can crap on about people on tight budgets, which is exactly where i am now (student), but i would happily find $25 a week (even less if your in a sharehouse, or with a gf/bf/husband/wife) for Foxtel if they had everything.

channel 7 are the worst offenders. they're coverage of the tennis was disgraceful.

fortunately this game is live in melbourne, but most games on FTA aren't live into Melbourne.
The game is covered by the anti-siphoning laws. At the moment, Pay-TV aren't allowed to buy the sole rights to the AFL.

Tho, like you, I hope that changes.

Also guys, spare a thought for us in Sydney. We get a 4.5 hour delay on FTA TV for every Friday night game!

I feel for you guys, for one thing your friday night games are on at 6:40 just to cater to us on the east lol and then you have to put up with channel 7s utter bullshit showing it 2 hours late..

i get so pissed off that its usually one hour late, the sooner the footy is taken off 7 the better, they are so shit!!! dennis commetti is fast becoming the worst commentator to listen to, "cork in the ocean" it was good 10 years ago come up with some new shit.

Anyone want to PM me the password for Eagles in the wings? So I could buy a ticket! :( Or anyone know when general adminssion tickets are on sale today?

Remove this Banner Ad

WC vs Essendon - 2hr Delay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back