News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

When hawthorn was dealing with the old glenferrie social club, one option was to develop it into units.

The locals banded together and made it clear they would oppose anything. As a good citizen the club sold it to the conglomerate made up of locals….who built units on it anyway.

You can’t always get the value you expect

Incidentalllythis photo online has me and my two daughters in it

Edit I remembered wrong. One option was a medical centre…..across the road from a private hospital

Last edited:
Weird question:
When we move to Dingley as a base, do we know what the club will be doing with all of their gym equipment?
I know most professional organisations typically take this kind of opportunity as a chance to referb and to get everything new/state of the art.
I'd love to get some Hawks branded kit for my home gym!
I'd assume they'd move most of it to the new facility? Idk though

When hawthorn was dealing with the old glenferrie social club, one option was to develop it into units.

The locals banded together and made it clear they would oppose anything. As a good citizen the club sold it to the conglomerate made up of locals….who built units on it anyway.

You can’t always get the value you expect

Incidentalllythis photo online has me and my two daughters in it

Edit I remembered wrong. One option was a medical centre…..across the road from a private hospital
Fond memories as a kid here. Loved the players photos all around the bar

Talk out of the club is that turf for the women’s oval will be laid in the coming weeks, with media and some fanfare as it’s a significant milestone for the build.

The project is flying along ahead of schedule and it’s looking like the men’s team will be there a lot sooner than was anticipated.

Weird question:
When we move to Dingley as a base, do we know what the club will be doing with all of their gym equipment?
I know most professional organisations typically take this kind of opportunity as a chance to referb and to get everything new/state of the art.
I'd love to get some Hawks branded kit for my home gym!
I'd assume most of the stuff would just get moved over, same with other equipment and furniture.

But obviously an audit would take place and maybe some older stuff gets replaced, or a desk won't be moved as they have built in etc...

But free weights last forever. Really no need to replace weights, and racks just for the hell of it.

Talk out of the club is that turf for the women’s oval will be laid in the coming weeks, with media and some fanfare as it’s a significant milestone for the build.

The project is flying along ahead of schedule and it’s looking like the men’s team will be there a lot sooner than was anticipated.
I'd say we are 100% on track for a full preseason there.

Also it won't be long till the ovals are usable, and a lot of the surrounding driveways and paths are done.

I know there was a discussion about how long after turf is laid for the ground to be ready, but I was at "The Hanger" Essendon's ground on Tuesday and their oval that they will use for preseason training this year was all sand and dirt too.

A lot of the development from here will start looking slow as we move into internal walls and ceilings, doors, flooring, fitout, lighting and electrical etc...

I'd say we are 100% on track for a full preseason there.

Also it won't be long till the ovals are usable, and a lot of the surrounding driveways and paths are done.

I know there was a discussion about how long after turf is laid for the ground to be ready, but I was at "The Hanger" Essendon's ground on Tuesday and their oval that they will use for preseason training this year was all sand and dirt too.

A lot of the development from here will start looking slow as we move into internal walls and ceilings, doors, flooring, fitout, lighting and electrical etc...
It can literally be ready in a week if everything is ready to go, basically if the irrigation system is ready, and the levels are all correct, you could lay the turf and start training on it the next week. The MCG famously only surfaced the oval the week of the opening round in 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back