Mega Thread We can't lose Tom

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this going to happen all again next year, when Trengove is out of contract?

From the way Jacks been talking rekon he'll sign with us before a rumor can even start.. he's expressed his love for melb nd said it's all bout premierships for him

Yeah, can't see the same thing happening with Jack. He's fast becoming the public face of the MFC with all his media appearances. He won't be wanting to play games with contracts.

I trust the FD to make the right decisions here. We won't throw money we don't have around to keep one player and put re-signing other players in doubt. True, 3 mill over 4 years from OUR perspective is a lot of money but if it means we can keep him PLUS sign others then I'm okay with that.

Plus, if Tom turns that down then we know it's all about money. Mercenary of the highest order... if it happens...

Exactly right!!!! Do you really think we would be offering an amount that will see us in strife in years to come... no chance.. we have people at the club that earn alot of money to work this stuff out!!! What ever offer has or will be put to them would have been carefully considered with the future in mind.. whether its over the odds or not!

Did anyone see league teams last night? My dad said that Liam Pickering said on the show that it is rumoured that melbourne has put forward an offer of 750K a year for 4 years to his management. can anyone else confirm that he said that.

I would think so. Throw Tapscott in with that too. Except it'll be GWS/Adeliade rumours.

Both showed early loyalty by signing 3 year deals instead of 2 & Trengove has on multiple occasions said that he wants to be a 1 club player. Him & Tappy are best mates.

Gys signed a 2 year deal this year, taking him out of calculations for next year, we won't have anything like the Scully furore next year, unless Sculls signs a 1 year deal, that would surely lead some posters from this thread to the edge of the cliff

Did anyone see league teams last night? My dad said that Liam Pickering said on the show that it is rumoured that melbourne has put forward an offer of 750K a year for 4 years to his management. can anyone else confirm that he said that.
Try reading through the thread a page or 2 back before posting, it was actually Tony Shaw & already mentioned in detail.

unless Sculls signs a 1 year deal, that would surely lead some posters from this thread to the edge of the cliff

I try and refrain from posting in this thread as whilst I think he'll go there is no point speculating, we just have to wait till the end of the year, but if this happened Scully would lose the supporters, it would take holding the club to ransom to a whole new level.

I try and refrain from posting in this thread as whilst I think he'll go there is no point speculating, we just have to wait till the end of the year, but if this happened Scully would lose the supporters, it would take holding the club to ransom to a whole new level.

Yes & no, Scott Pendlebury did it a month ago & didn't hear too much backlash from pies supporters. Eddie called it "smart negotiating". I know it would be killing him inside, but at least you get 1 more season.

I don't see a benefit in Tom doing it, actually unless he's in brownlow form at the end of next season he'd probably be worse off in GWS terms as they'd have to fit him in after everyone they'd already taken this year. It was purely a hypothetical to try to explode the brains of fellow supporters :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't want Tom to leave because I really don't want the number 31 guernsey I bought last year to go to waste.

Oh and also because the kid is a jet and will be a champion, but still

just reported on the couch that GWS have officially tabled an offer 4 tom he has signed nothing they are offering 1 million a year dees have offered around the 600k mark a year story in tommorows herald sun ball now officially in toms court

just reported on the couch that GWS have officially tabled an offer 4 tom he has signed nothing they are offering 1 million a year dees have offered around the 600k mark a year story in tommorows herald sun ball now officially in toms court

I'm glad that the powers that be at MFC haven't gone silly and offered $750k/season (or more). $600k is extremely good coin for a player entering his 3rd year. If it comes down to a bidding war, i wouldn't want us to go too much higher than what we have reportedly offered. We need to retain Sylvia, et. al.

Imagine getting $600k a year as a 20 year old. If Tom wants more, he'll be seen as a mercenary for the rest of his life, not just his footy career. How much is his reputation worth (in terms of life after football)?

Ball's in his court now. Now we play the waiting game.

If true (who really knows anymore) I reckon Tom will stay. To turn down 600k a year and move away from family, friends teammates and the club that put their faith in you with a #1 pick, and to move to a souless franchise just because they're offering more... it would be incredibly disappointing and a blight on his character.

Yeah I think he'll stay. But the media are probably just making this up as they go along. I thought he was already signed sealed and delivered to GWS? I thought he had signed a HOA but now wants to stay? I thought Bastinac's parents were signing on behalf of Scully? Seems to be a new angle to the story every week. I'd love to stay away from the speculation and just see what unfolds, but there is something strangely addictive about the whole situation.

I don't buy this at all, one thing our administration has been good at recently is keeping things quiet when they need to be... They trott the line out over and over that they won't comment on contract negotiations...

So that tells me that either:
* it is complete rubbish
* Tom's management are leaking this to the media to push up his value

and I doubt its the latter, becuase his management wouldn't disclose the amount of the Melbourne offer I would think...

not buying here...

It's going to be the biggest pain in the ass if he does leave but the more and more and more I think about it I'd be a whole lot more upset if the following left instead:

Trengove
Watts
Grimes
Frawley

Say what you will about talent and importance, but these are the blokes you'd want around your football club. Having Scully is SUCH a luxury and I am no way taking his talents for granted, but I do believe there are worse outcomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back