List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI, Bring_Back_Brad is a troll account. Check out his thread about Armstrong on the Collingwood board...
Ah that's ok then,I was starting to think Beams wouldn't get a game.

That's a lot to pay for a 3rd/4th mid. We were paying him 330k. What's he on now 850k or something? We couldn't have afforded to pay him any more so were bound to let him go anyway so not sour grapes from me. Sidebottom surpassed him this years anyway, we've got Freeman coming through, and now Greenwood in on an affordable contract sets us up nicely. broomhead is looking like he will be a direct replacement for abeams only with better vision and football smarts.

Go_Away_Brad.....you obviously don't watch footy much or are not very good at assessing it :confused:

You were paying Dayne $330K, yet could only get Varcoe if you traded Beams out :p Think it may have been $330K per half season :thumbsu:

Sidebottom did not surpass him this season in any way, shape or form :thumbsdown:
Freeman is not coming through; he had an injury interrupted first season and didn't play a game :thumbsdown:
Greenwood, according to yourself, is on $100K+ more than Dayne Beams was. This is not affordable, this is stupid :thumbsdown:
Broomhead does not have better footy smarts and vision than Dayne Beams :thumbsdown:

In summary, :thumbsdown:

Good luck to dayne at Brisbane. One thing you have to remember before you get too excited is that Dayne really got a ride from people around him like Luke ball, pendlebury, and Dane Swan, dale Thomas back in the day. With your junior midfield he is likely to drop from a 30 touch player to about 17-22 per game. There were stars everywhere taking the better quality match ups which allowed him to play on the lesser quality mids, and has never got a tag. Likewise in the fwd line with Cloke being triple teamed and the likes of Davis, krakouer, sidebottom etc drawing away all the good defenders, dayne had space to get some shots on goal, I don't think he'll have the same luxury at Brisbane. Probably will get the same shock that a Dale Thomas got going to Carlton and finding out he wasn't half as good as he thought he was. Regardless Dayne is a good guy, I've had a beer or two with him at the local and wish him all the best.
You had one of the best mids in 2012. Now your midfield is bottom six and that will stay that way for a long time.

Enjoy dropping down the ladder under Buckley, how does it feel that your favourite son will never experience success? Now **** off.

That's a lot to pay for a 3rd/4th mid. We were paying him 330k. What's he on now 850k or something? We couldn't have afforded to pay him any more so were bound to let him go anyway so not sour grapes from me. Sidebottom surpassed him this years anyway, we've got Freeman coming through, and now Greenwood in on an affordable contract sets us up nicely. broomhead is looking like he will be a direct replacement for abeams only with better vision and football smarts.
700k. You know shit all.

Isn't Cloke on 800k+? What a ****ing joke Collingwood are. All that resources, money, sponsorship, Eddie and blockbuster exposure and you have 2 premierships to show for it in 50 years.

700k. You know shit all.

Isn't Cloke on 800k+? What a ******* joke Collingwood are. All that resources, money, sponsorship, Eddie and blockbuster exposure and you have 2 premierships to show for it in 50 years.

Gotta give them some slack. Just remember 90% of their players grew up hating Collingwood, had 1 thought in their minds on draft day, "Anything but Collingwood", and they still manage to make it to the odd losing grand final.

Back to the original point can't wait to see that new midfield in action next year.

Yeah, it'll be awesome. I haven't anticipated a forthcoming season as much. Ever.

This annoys me though:

"We're doing enough subsidising at Collingwood. We subsidised Brisbane with the equalisation money and they use it to go after our gun players. We're not in the business of subsidising other club's new coaches."

Eddie McGuire in The Age re. Eade going to GCS. Why can't the extent of the economic disadvantage that being situated in a Northern, non-traditional market just receive it's due recognition? Why is he so conceited and misleading? It just fuels the "bring back brads" of the world...

Why can't the extent of the economic disadvantage that being situated in a Northern, non-traditional market just receive it's due recognition? Why is he so conceited and misleading?

Because the ice he skates on is getting thinner and thinner.

Yeah, it'll be awesome. I haven't anticipated a forthcoming season as much. Ever.

This annoys me though:

"We're doing enough subsidising at Collingwood. We subsidised Brisbane with the equalisation money and they use it to go after our gun players. We're not in the business of subsidising other club's new coaches."

Eddie McGuire in The Age re. Eade going to GCS. Why can't the extent of the economic disadvantage that being situated in a Northern, non-traditional market just receive it's due recognition? Why is he so conceited and misleading? It just fuels the "bring back brads" of the world...

Because it suits his club to do so. It's just a shame that every misguided stupidity that he utters makes sporting news.

This annoys me though:

McGuire seems to conveniently forget that
1. Were it not for the existence of the northern clubs that there would be no billion dollar TV rights deal, some of which ends up as club distributions to Collingwood

2. Brisbane is operating within AFL rules in having to pay a minimum 95% of the salary cap and has a 5% allowance this year because it paid less than 100% of the cap.

This annoys me though:

The barefaced lie that is the bolded bit is what shits me. We did not go after Beams. He, for family reasons, wanted to come home to SEQ, and he chose us. That is the reality Eddie, not the spin U put on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok? Yeah alright you have no clue.

Nah he won't. Get this out of your thick head. He'll be our 3rd or 4th best midfielder. Rich, Hanley and Zorko would all get the tag before him.

Brad is clearly trolling, but.. Seriously.. I think he would be at least your 2nd best midfielder imo 1st.. It's one thing to have sour grapes it another to make wild statements like that. I think he will be great for you guys though. Good luck in 2015.

Good luck to dayne at Brisbane. One thing you have to remember before you get too excited is that Dayne really got a ride from people around him like Luke ball, pendlebury, and Dane Swan, dale Thomas back in the day. With your junior midfield he is likely to drop from a 30 touch player to about 17-22 per game. There were stars everywhere taking the better quality match ups which allowed him to play on the lesser quality mids, and has never got a tag. Likewise in the fwd line with Cloke being triple teamed and the likes of Davis, krakouer, sidebottom etc drawing away all the good defenders, dayne had space to get some shots on goal, I don't think he'll have the same luxury at Brisbane. Probably will get the same shock that a Dale Thomas got going to Carlton and finding out he wasn't half as good as he thought he was. Regardless Dayne is a good guy, I've had a beer or two with him at the local and wish him all the best.

Yep, all the memories came flooding back....I miss the "Truth Newspaper" (a wretched little paper reeking of filth)...

oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg

The rumour board thread was better.

It went from one page of Collingwood posters telling us we'll never get their best player, how Loyal Beams is, how they'll just give us pick 99 for Claye, etc etc. Then a 180 when the news broke that he wanted to come to us and all the egg on the faces of the most passionate Maggie Fans.

Was quite a spectacle.

Saw Beams this morning walking down to a cafe in Kew by himself Hope he is getting on the plane today to start training!!! Looked very fit and lean but a bit proppy as he walked but maybe that's his normal gait. Wished i had the chance to wish him well but by the time my Sunday brain realised who he was - moment had gone.....damm.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back