List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe we are 90 pages in and people are still suggesting we will send Aish to the Pies. James Aish is our next Simon Black, big call I know but he looks like a Rolls Royce. Pick 4 & 24 should most likely get the deal done in my opinion.

How superior is 7+14 over 4+24? I'd probably take the Gold Coast picks if given the choice but it isn't significantly improved on our position.
It depends on how large the group of draftees that are considered to be a notch above the rest is. If that group is 4, 5 or 6 strong, then I'd take 4 + 24. If not I'd lean the other way. From what I've read (and this may have a heavy Lions Board bias), it seems to be 4 this year.

It depends on how large the group of draftees that are considered to be a notch above the rest is. If that group is 4, 5 or 6 strong, then I'd take 4 + 24. If not I'd lean the other way. From what I've read (and this may have a heavy Lions Board bias), it seems to be 4 this year.
Better hope we don't have pick 5 then.

How superior is 7+14 over 4+24? I'd probably take the Gold Coast picks if given the choice but it isn't significantly improved on our position.

Yeah, the difference between 5 & 8 in the context of this draft wasn't so great, but (presuming Melb get band 2) the difference between 4 & 7 is more appreciable if you subscribe to the "consensus top 4" theory/groupthink whatever...

It is why I have never understood Pies supporters banging on about GC getting involved. At best they offer their first 2 picks, which-

1) arent that superior to picks we can offer and
2) they apparently dont want picks anyway.

As if the Suns are going to fork over a star player like Prestia or Martin. Pies are in dream land still thinking they will get full retail price for Beams. Whilst he will draw them a good deal, it wont be a fair exchange with him wanting out.

If the Pies want an established player they need to do some leg work themselves to entice someone there. We can find some options, but they have to sell moving to the Pies to them.

Collingwood's window has shut now and to blindly accept the Buckley or Pert statement that they were only interested in experienced stars coming their way I think is very niave. A bit of realism has to kick in at some stage and the list managers at Collingwood will accept that they need a rebuild (albeit not a complete one) and that starts with the draft. Pick 4 will be very valuable for that and I am going to be shocked if they trade it on or a third party gets involved to take it away from them.

Exactly.

Plenty of first round picks have also come in and played straight away and been of great benefit to the team that has secured them....

To be fair, the Pies supporters so keen to see the Suns involved were also the ones saying they might get O'Meara, Prestia or Bennell, as well as a high draft pick.

The term "lunatic fringe" comes to mind.

Hey don't forget Pie fans. We gave you the "next Peter Daicos" - Patrick Karnezis, last year. He is ready to play a big midfield role in 2015. With mum's cooking in his tummy, he will be ready to explode! I hope that you pick up a gun with pick 4.

If they play their cards right, pick 4 could be the next Karnezis.

I think that with collingwood repeatedly saying that they want to trade for dangerfield, they'd really be wanting to include Aish in the trade for beams. I'm getting more and more resigned to losing him the longer this drags on. Let's face it, golby and pick 4 are not what beams is worth.

Pretty sure I heard Buckley say "Dangerfield is contracted so Adelaide hold the whip hand,not unlike Beams with us"

May have left out one teeny weeny detail.

I think that with collingwood repeatedly saying that they want to trade for dangerfield, they'd really be wanting to include Aish in the trade for beams. I'm getting more and more resigned to losing him the longer this drags on. Let's face it, golby and pick 4 are not what beams is worth.
For that deal to be done Collingwood would need to throw something eles our way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real question here is how confident Collingwood are in getting Dayne settled again and that's where Daynes actions become important in him landing at the Lions. If there is effectively no chance of retaining Beams, Collingwood would be wise to accept pick 4/5 and get a years development into whoever they pick. I still feel we hold the aces.

I know this probably won't happen but wouldn't it be best for collingwood to get the deal done ASAP. Makes them look good from a PR point of view and have picks 4 and 24 ready with their pick 8 or 9 or whatever it is to on trade for that gun they seek.

Collingwood just don't have enough to get danger

I can't believe we are 90 pages in and people are still suggesting we will send Aish to the Pies. James Aish is our next Simon Black, big call I know but he looks like a Rolls Royce. Pick 4 & 24 should most likely get the deal done in my opinion.

It's not going to be popular but I'd be very surprised if Aish stays after his contract is up. South Australian football running through his veins, paying overs is the only way we'll keep him. I still feel the other clubs in last years draft knew this and that's why he slide to us. Love to be wrong on this.

If i was list/contract manager i'd put a long contract extension in front of him asap and see if he signs. If he doesn't shop him to Adelaide this year.

Re the Beams trade if nothing happens re Aish, i'd do pick 4 and Merrett any day of the week. Pies get a good pick and a solid defender for a couple of years and we get Beams.

Collingwood are shrewd negotiators if they want someone they usually get them.

Sorry to intrude...

I come in Peace...

But this comment is untrue. Collingwood have played hard for big names and never landed them. Looks like they may have learned in recent times that when another club wants a contracted player to get what we think is fair... ala Heath Shaw trade to GWS. Straight swap for Adams and we pay a portion of his first year of his GWS contract. If you remember, GWS wanted draft picks also, which never came to fruition, but, it took alot of time to establish the details of the trade.

FFS get a grip. The trade period has not even started yet.

If Collingwood are looking to on trade the pick/picks they get from us, I would assume that they would like to get a deal done with us as soon as possible so they know what they have to spend and have some time to negotiate with another club. So this may also play into our hands if this is their game plan.

If Collingwood are looking to on trade the pick/picks they get from us, I would assume that they would like to get a deal done with us as soon as possible so they know what they have to spend and have some time to negotiate with another club. So this may also play into our hands if this is their game plan.
Not sure that it would play into our hands but I think both sides would like to get it sorted quickly. They have both been suddenly very quiet which I'm hoping is a good sign.

Yeah the story is over now. Nature will take it course but don't believe that Collingwood wouldn't be sweating it at the trade table. Beams is going one way or another and it would appear that they are only dealing with one club. Not saying that we are going to make Turkey's out of them but we need to hold our poker face.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. We Got Him! Beams Trade Discussion (Not the Hype Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back