We have nothing to lose guys...

Remove this Banner Ad

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
^^^ Like the title said, we have nothing to lose this finals series. We have the runs on the board, we have the big one in the closet, we finished top four this year, despite average form throughout the year.
We unearthed a few really good players- Hurn Priddis Lecras. :thumbsu:
We have so many injuries, we have to go to our fingers and toes to count them.
Nearly everyone has written us off, so many times.
This week, we play away, with finals experience at our backs, and we'll go in as underdogs.
C'mon boys, lets play like it.
If we lose, we've got the home finals next week.
Lets see what we can throw to the power this week.
At least roughen them up a little...

^^^ Like the title said, we have nothing to lose this finals series. We have the runs on the board, we have the big one in the closet, we finished top four this year, despite average form throughout the year.
This week, we play away, with finals experience at our backs, and we'll go in as underdogs.
Its always easy to say that you've got nothing to lose, but usually there is!
In this case, a home preliminary final and a much needed weeks rest! Having said that, our home form hasn't been great this year and Subi isn't the fortress it was in past years and especially 06. Plus we did it without a weeks rest last year.. However we also didn't appear as tired or badly injured last year as this year either!

Its always easy to say that you've got nothing to lose, but usually there is!
In this case, a home preliminary final and a much needed weeks rest! Having said that, our home form hasn't been great this year and Subi isn't the fortress it was in past years and especially 06. Plus we did it without a weeks rest last year.. However we also didn't appear as tired or badly injured last year as this year either!

It is easy to say this, but it's true, there is all the pressure on geelong to live up to the pressure of being the top team.
West Coast still have a lot to play for, don't worry about that, but an extra game could have it's positives. Means that Embley will get two games under his belt, gives the younger fellows an extra finals game.

Don't forget Rosa:)

Even with the whole Cousins saga at the start of the year (and the Kerr taxi saga before that and the Fletcher-Las Vegas saga before that), even with Juddy playing injured for the second half of the season, even with Hansen missing large chunks of the year, even with Embley missing large chunks too, even with Cox playing injured for a portion of the year, even with Nicoski suffering setback after setback after setback, even without Butler and Sampi for the year, even with Lynch losing his kicking boots early in the year, even with Hunter and Wirrpanda sadly down on form for most of the season, even though we had 25 or 26 fit players to pick from on occasions, we still managed to finish third.

If we can pull a win out of the hat this week we're just about in the grand final. I'd back us in against any of the Roos, Hawks or Crows in a home prelim.

Even if we lose this week we're still a fair chance to get back to the G on grand final day.

Mate true. I really want to play geelong and know them out. Because I beleive we are truly the best team and with no injuries the afl finals series would be different.

this is so stupid!

we have EVERYTHING to lose. i don't know about everyone else on this board but i'd be absolutely devastated if we didn't take home the flag this season. dont get caught up in all the media talk about us being screwed.....i'm sure the lads will be very confident and determined about winning this game and then the premiership.

this is so stupid!

we have EVERYTHING to lose. i don't know about everyone else on this board but i'd be absolutely devastated if we didn't take home the flag this season. dont get caught up in all the media talk about us being screwed.....i'm sure the lads will be very confident and determined about winning this game and then the premiership.
I'm warily confident, truth be told i'm quite used to seeing us play the last day in september now.

I'm warily confident, truth be told i'm quite used to seeing us play the last day in september now.

people need to have more faith in the team. i believe this team has more heart, will, and desire than any of the other seven finals contenders. that's something that's constantly ignored.

people need to have more faith in the team. i believe this team has more heart, will, and desire than any of the other seven finals contenders. that's something that's constantly ignored.

While your side is up there, I believe the Kangaroos have more heart than any other AFL side.

This thread wasn't started to convey my lack of confidence in the West Coast side, don't worry about that. What I was saying is that with all this stupid talk of no kerr no flag, and injuries costing them a flag, they should go into this game, put their bodies in like theres no tomorrow. Not having your best midfielder doesn't stop you kicking straight or hitting a target.
It's finals time, forget whats happened this year with everything, and play well under adversity, like we do so well.

we've got heaps to lose, a flag to one of 7 other clubs that what we have to lose. In saying this if we get up this week against our bogey team @ a ground we play terribly(v Port) I cant see why we cant go back2back.

Prediction:

Port Adelaide 7.15(57)
West Coast 11.11(77):D:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The aim should be to keep it a low scoring game and to actually man up unlike last time we played them. Keeping in mind last time we played them we only had 23-6? players to choose from and we were finishing our intense training program.

did anyone else like hearing choco say that port's record over us means something to them?

i mean, this is a comment you'd never hear coming from woosha or the eagles. to me, even in a very small way, it just shows a little reliance on history by the power which could lead to subconscious complacency.

history is just that, it means nothing to this team. how many times over the past three seasons has it been stated that the eagles have this hoodoo or that hoodoo at certain grounds against certain teams only for us to notch up win after win and turn those hoodoos on their heads.

be confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

We have nothing to lose guys...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back