Autopsy We ****ing did it get around us boys!! off to a PRELIM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker was on him most of the night. Took him to the cleaners.
Parker vs Viney was being touted in all the media previews of this game as some kind of battle of the tough nuts.

Viney is tough and all, but one simply does not beat Parker in a battle of the tough nuts. Pigs will fly before that happens.

The King! we were wondering if we'd wear the red V in finals. Got our answer on the weekend!
yeah I was pretty disappointing at this. It didn't really make sense that our VFL worse the red v when we played Casey and our AFL didn't. Made zero sense. But perhaps if we were never going to wear it in the grand final, don't pigeon hole ourselves into wearing it in some of the finals.

yeah I was pretty disappointing at this. It didn't really make sense that our VFL worse the red v when we played Casey and our AFL didn't. Made zero sense. But perhaps if we were never going to wear it in the grand final, don't pigeon hole ourselves into wearing it in some of the finals.
Yeah I'm not sure of the reasoning tbh. This game seemed the most ideal opportunity to wear the red V... in Melbourne, at the G, with no colour clash. Considering we knew we'd have one more home final to wear our home strip, and we are likely to wear our home strip in the grand final if we make it, it wouldn't have hurt to bring out the red V one last time. But eh.

Superhuman effort from all involved it wouldnt be fair to single out players and instead go with our best win since 2003 against Port.

I see it but i dont believe it.
A very good win.

Yet.... I half expected the swans to win by 2-4 goals. Swans worked hard and didn't slip up.

Swans best is good to beat anyone anywhere.

Saying that, last time I posted here was the Freo vs swans game in Perth stadium. Swans won that as they worked hard and persisted.

Gonna be tough for freo to take on the magpies at the MCG. The winner faces the swans in NSW.

If freo is out of the finals in the semis, I'm cheering for the Swans to win the flag.

Swans are the best chance of a non Victorian side to win the 2022 flag

Yeah I'm not sure of the reasoning tbh. This game seemed the most ideal opportunity to wear the red V... in Melbourne, at the G, with no colour clash. Considering we knew we'd have one more home final to wear our home strip, and we are likely to wear our home strip in the grand final if we make it, it wouldn't have hurt to bring out the red V one last time. But eh.
I don't know anymore than you do, but I would think agree that its because it's a clash jumper.

I'm pretty happy about it actually, because in finals I want to be representing us all, not paying tribute to a particular group.

I don't know anymore than you do, but I would think agree that its because it's a clash jumper.

I'm pretty happy about it actually, because in finals I want to be representing us all, not paying tribute to a particular group.
It's NOT paying tribute to a particular group , who are the group you are talking about .
It is our jumper and can be worn at any opportunity , our new home jumper was worn on Friday night , i was disappointed at first , but moved on quick as it is OUR club ! I NEED CAPITALS !

We became the first interstate team to win a qualifying final at the MCG since the AFL introduced the current top eight system.
That's absolutely bizarre. Especially considering the MCG is a completely neutral zone for all football sides and holds no advantage at all to the home team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn’t really about the game but how is Parker still only turning 30 this year? He will be leading this side for another 4-5 years you’d think. Just completely indispensable that man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crazy isn't it?

Came into the side at 18 built like a brick shithouse and ready to go.

Out of curiosity, how many times do our "role players" and "unsung heroes" have to play better than our "stars" before they get the distinction of being called stars themselves?

Or are we only allowed 4-5 stars to the media?
Stop worrying about it

Brayshaw’s hit on Parker in the last quarter was pretty brutal but because it was Parker he was up and into it straight away. Could have been scrutinised a lot worse than the Harmes one which I thought was right at a free and 50.

Guess the school of thought is good hit play on but Brayshaw IMO is lucky he didn’t hit Parker high as it was a blind bump.

Stop worrying about it
Sorry bedders but I will worry about it as I think it has consequences. Folks in the media just decide there are certain players they don't give a damn about and slap with the "unsung hero" or "role player" label, and it's a label that is basically a career sentence. It becomes impossible to shake and they go their entire careers without any sort of accolades or recognition, no matter how great they are as players. Like Reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back