7 Blake Acres (CARL)
6 Zac Fisher (CARL)
5 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
3 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
2 Tom De Koning (CARL)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)
1 Mason Wood (STK)
Yeah...was good yesterday but is not resonsible for Carlton's mid season turnaround. Don't see how those votes change anything i said.

Respectfully, I disagree. I would love to keep Blacres, but if he is demanding too much then 'In Bell We Trust'.
I look forward to the potential wingers we have in our team developing over the off-season, regardless of his contractual situation. Worner, Henry et al. have all shown great promise.
Yikes

We should've kept him because we have no replacement for him and he did his role fine. He's not going to be the difference between us winning a flag or not. The biggest problem I have is the fact that we traded him for nothing to Carlton. The fact that we couldn't even capitalise on his great form last year, and we helped a list with a similar demographic improve in a position they were lacking in is the real issue with this trade. Any other team and it's not even half as bad.

A poor mans Ethan Hughes, we can replace wingers easily. Just wait this time next year Ethan Stanley will be worth a future 1st.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should've kept him because we have no replacement for him and he did his role fine. He's not going to be the difference between us winning a flag or not. The biggest problem I have is the fact that we traded him for nothing to Carlton. The fact that we couldn't even capitalise on his great form last year, and we helped a list with a similar demographic improve in a position they were lacking in is the real issue with this trade. Any other team and it's not even half as bad.
This. Exactly this and I said so at the time as well.

Think of it this way, if two teams competing for the most points and both have 40 points.

If you give the other team 5 points, you're down by 10.

If they were North and only had 20 points, you're still up 15 points.

Think of it this way, if two teams competing for the most points and both have 40 points.

It’s the same with most players that leave us. I’m not really as concerned with how their loss will affect our performance, but more so how it will improve another teams, with a few exceptions. Trading with teams that we’re competing with is incredibly poor list management. If we’re playing at the same level as last year then paying Acres 350k even just to sit in the WAFL is helping us out more than handing him to Carlton for free.

Carlton were ahead of us anyway. They were just underperforming and we over-performed last year. I'm curious to see which way we go with this but Acres would have just been a stop-gap.

Thats it! We helped our close competitor, again!.

It’s the same with most players that leave us. I’m not really as concerned with how their loss will affect our performance, but more so how it will improve another teams, with a few exceptions. Trading with teams that we’re competing with is incredibly poor list management. If we’re playing at the same level as last year then paying Acres 350k even just to sit in the WAFL is helping us out more than handing him to Carlton for free.
Exactly. It’s pretty smooth brained of us.

Dumbest decision our team has made in a long time.
Now watch Liam Henry rise next year.
Liam is not the same, he has chose to walk out for reasons other than his contract. Acres would have stayed if we'd value him. Let's not compare different things.

Liam is not the same, he has chose to walk out for reasons other than his contract. Acres would have stayed if we'd value him. Let's not compare different things.
Exactly, we should of given Acres what they paid to Fyfe who played 2 fifths of **** all (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

WE MUST KEEP ACRES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back