WE MUST KEEP ACRES

Remove this Banner Ad

28 will blow out to about 35 with Ashcroft, father / sons, academy players and priority picks.

If we don’t get that pick I’d be revising the offer.
Unlikely to be the case, most likely some of the picks used to purchase Ashcroft et al will be before that pick.

Impossible to know at this time as we need to go through the trading period first.

If Peter Bell himself was summoned by blood magic into this thread, and offered a second round in any form, who would have said no to it st the start of the season? Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth, especially when it's a zedonk.

I'd take North's #37 personally, but accept that others rate him higher, snd we maybe can milk the cow more.

Image if in January someone offered pick 28. This board would pop off like Taco Girl.

If Peter Bell himself was summoned by blood magic into this thread, and offered a second round in any form, who would have said no to it st the start of the season? Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth, especially when it's a zedonk.

I'd take North's #37 personally, but accept that others rate him higher, snd we maybe can milk the cow more.

Image if in January someone offered pick 28. This board would pop off like Taco Girl.

If someone offered pick 40 for O’Driscoll before the season, same thing. People improve. It’s not like it was a 1 game wonder, it was a season of performing at elite level, only was suboptimal for 2-3 games after a serious hamstring.

If someone offered pick 40 for O’Driscoll before the season, same thing. People improve. It’s not like it was a 1 game wonder, it was a season of performing at elite level, only was suboptimal for 2-3 games after a serious hamstring.

One season in 6 or so tells you something though.

Acres benefited from playing at Optus and in one position.

He'll go back to playing at Marvel where he was average, at least Carlton should keep him on the wing unlike St Kilda did.

Some players mature late, I think his form will continue. I feel like we have a plan to sell wingers (Hill, Langdon, Acres) and they are sticking to it. I disagree with the plan wingers aren’t important.

Wingers are very important and we've noticed this more than most after losing Langdon and Hill and we're definitely not selling them, they're leaving themselves. We had no say in it.

I just searched for "Acres is a Spud" on BigFooty. The first result?

Some of my best work.

Helping one of our main rivals in any way should be an absolute no.
Sort of my thoughts on Rory Lobb. I have said this before.

If Rory Lobb goes to the dogs next season, I expect the dockers to have the Bulldogs twice. I also won't be surprised if the Bulldogs beat us twice and Lobb being a difference maker in both games.

Watch Freo get 9th or 10th and dogs get 7th or 8th.

If Rory Lobb goes to the dogs next season, I expect the dockers to have the Bulldogs twice. I also won't be surprised if the Bulldogs beat us twice and Lobb being a difference maker in both games.

You probably think we will lose every game next year.
The Dogs are losing Josh Dunkley, their B&F winner and best player this year. That’s a much bigger relative loss than Lobb.
That’s like us losing Andy Brayshaw.
We will easily top the bulldogs next year. They won’t make the 8.

One season in 6 or so tells you something though.
Got moved around a lot at Saint Kilda , Bit the same here first couple of seasons , Settled on the wing this year and has excelled and will continue to do so for Carlton. This is shaping as a very bad trade period , We are going to pay way overs for a grossly overrated Ruck / Forward and lose players that are in way better form than the incoming player for peanuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The level of hysterics this board has managed to descend into less than a month after our best season in recent memory is amazing, yet somehow not surprising.

Struggling to decide between this and "Serong is leaving because he said nice things about his girlfriend in his Doig speech" as the most ludicrous hot take of the past few weeks.

The level of hysterics this board has managed to descend into less than a month after our best season in recent memory is amazing, yet somehow not surprising.
Animated GIF

Struggling to decide between this and "Serong is leaving because he said nice things about his girlfriend in his Doig speech" as the most ludicrous hot take of the past few weeks.
Well Serong is out of contract next season. I hope he does a Brayshaw and signs a 4 year deal until 2027.

If he does, well that means we keep him for at least 4 more years. The bad news is he will be a free agent

heck. What are they doing.
Either bell is going to north next year and lining his own nest or they are saving dollas for something out of the box (not Jackson)

Remove this Banner Ad

WE MUST KEEP ACRES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back