WE MUST KEEP ACRES

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if north Melbourne didn't trade their 2022 3rd rounder, that would of been pick 37. That is essentially a late 2nd rounder.
What does that even mean?
Logue was worth an early second round pick and that’s what we got.
You were wrong. Again.

Yes, people rate him as having a good game because he gets a lot of the ball, but him having the ball is part of our problem.

I've flip-flopped on Acres a few times so I held my breath while I checked what I had writtten in this thread... but, yep, I'm pretty happy with this take. I bet there's a lot of Carlton fans starting to feel the same now.

Phew, I didn’t write anything.

I did. I have always had issues with his disposals by foot. And these issues are still present at Carlton. It is hurting the Blues the same way it hurt us.

In response to the Blake Acres fanboy, rgauci - 'Don’t blame the inadequacies of our forward line on Acres'
He is definitely partly to blame. When Blake was on Old Bull Young Buck, he described his high bombs into the forward line as a feature, not a bug.

If you have a hard running wingman intentionally delivering those unmarkable nightmares to our forwards... then yes, it hurts our scoring ability.

Elite wingers will lower the eyes, and kick a dart to a lead.

Blake is a big body that can run all day and win his own ball, but his disposals are just so ineffectual. He does no damage.

Helping one of our main rivals in any way should be an absolute no.
Main rivals

Cracking Up Lol GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did. I have always had issues with his disposals by foot. And these issues are still present at Carlton. It is hurting the Blues the same way it hurt us.

In response to the Blake Acres fanboy, rgauci - 'Don’t blame the inadequacies of our forward line on Acres'

Blake is a big body that can run all day and win his own ball, but his disposals are just so ineffectual. He does no damage.
what about that dumb arse richardson repeatedly saying he is the best user of the ball to the blues forward line, must be watching from the bar

I was firmly in the keep column. Made no sense to get rid of him when our replacement was Hughes. We look a lot better now that Driz is running the wings (even when he's not racking up touches, he's much more natural there than other options) and giving johnson/erasmus a go too.

Acres plays well when the team around him is playing well. We saw that earlier in the year with Carlton. I think if we kept him on he would be playing well right now for us too. That being said, he does not feel like a major loss for us at the moment, not nearly as much as he did earlier in the year. Will be even better if we maintain our current form and Carlton theirs.

Maybe that's the learning here. We see the loss of a player and what he brings, without context of who is in the wings (pun intended)

The club would have been confident that we have enough coverage with players that are a better fit than acres. And despite his hard running and creating options - we are better off without him and his long bombs?

Nah. He's the sort of guy that looks better on a good team. Was very good yesterday, but he's not really responsible for their turnaround at all.

St Kilda v Carlton​

7 Blake Acres (CARL)
6 Zac Fisher (CARL)
5 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
3 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
2 Tom De Koning (CARL)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)
1 Mason Wood (STK)

Remove this Banner Ad

WE MUST KEEP ACRES

Remove this Banner Ad