WE need to appeal our sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not suprised in the slightest that we are rolling over yet again.

Say what you like about Eddie but the guy bleeds black and white, he displays passion like your typical supporter.

The fact that I have a stronger memory of freaking Eddie publicly sticking up for us this year than I do our own administrative department is pretty distressing.

Part of our penalty from the AFL was that we were prevented from trading our highest paid player & we were forced to let him go into the PSD.

If the AFL hadn't stopped us from trading Tippett, we would have got a minimum 1st round pick for him & a player. Rough value say a 1st & 2nd round pick, which is our effective penalty in addition to the other 4 picks, fine & suspension of personnel.

Huh!? Before things fell apart it looked very likely that Adelaide were going to get shafted. Tippet had picked Sydney. Sydney were offering peanuts for him. Tippet was willing to go into the preseason draft on a nominated salary that probably no one else could afford. Adelaide had to accept peanuts or nothing. Where did you get "a minimum 1st round pick for him & a player".

Huh!? Before things fell apart it looked very likely that Adelaide were going to get shafted. Tippet had picked Sydney. Sydney were offering peanuts for him. Tippet was willing to go into the preseason draft on a nominated salary that probably no one else could afford. Adelaide had to accept peanuts or nothing. Where did you get "a minimum 1st round pick for him & a player".
The "peanuts" you speak of are Jesse White and Pick 22. Which is a 1st rounder and a player.

I have never been so disillusioned with all things AFL.

In the past year we've been punished for salary cap cheating, yet kept on the man that was at the heart of it. Melbourne were not tanking, yet Bailey copped 16 matches. Essendon systematically injected their players with banned drugs and drugs not approved for human use and even drugs that THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE, yet Hird still says he's done nothing wrong. Vlad gets exposed as the corrupt liar we all knew he was (Lets be honest, the reason Ess got that pick was because Hird dropped his supreme court action which could have seen Vlad charged and possibly sent to jail). Melbourne will likely get a priority pick, after wanting PP was what got them where they are in the first place.

I sit here and I think, Why? What is the point? Why do I invest so much in a team that has no chance because we refuse to stand up for ourselves, and in a competition that favours the money ahead of integrity and fairness?

I'm so close to being done.

They were offering their 1st round pick + White.

Yes, we lost the value of that asset, but it wasn't part of our punishment. I don't see why people are struggling so hard with this concept.

Let's break it down. We had an asset in Tippett. His contract was due to run out. In order to get him to sign a new contract, we made offers which are illegal under the AFL rules.

When Tippett's party and the Crows came to terms on that deal, we had very literally obtained Tippett's services illegally. Prior to that point, we had the option to trade him and get some of his value back in draft selections, but we waived that right.

Now, move forward to 2012. We get found out. The AFL is aware that our deal with Tippett breaks their rules. At that point, we have no legal claim over the value of Tippett. We didn't obtain him legally. We don't get an opportunity to trade what isn't ours.

Yes, I agree that we lost the value of our asset, but it was our own choice to do so. We had the opportunity to trade him while he was legally on our books, and we passed over it. After that point, Tippett was not legally ours. You can't trade what you don't legally have!

The AFL stripped us of four draft picks. We cost ourselves the right to trade Tippett. It was not part of any punishment.

O course its part of our punishment we were denied ability to trade him

There is no mechanism by which he would have left without being compensated

Except for an intervening punishment which took him outside the normal mechanisms

Its only our punishment that denies us this

So based on the report on Channel 9, all the Crows are asking is Demetrio "retract" his comments about the Crows not cooperating with their investigation.

Cool. The only time we show some public fight is when worried about losing our well earned reputation as weaklings.

So based on the report on Channel 9, all the Crows are asking is Demetrio "retract" his comments about the Crows not cooperating with their investigation.
Stuff the retraction on cooperation, get the retraction of loss of picks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obvious we gave up picks for Trigg and that's a disgrace

From how it sounds, all penalties were higher.. They talked down each penalty, which is how you would imagine it would work.. Probably wanted to hit us with 3 years picks gone.. We were always going to lose draft picks, I don't think anyone will ever get less than 2 years picks lost for any draft tampering/salary cap breaching charges.. And we were up on salary cap charges as well as draft tampering..

The trouble is when you get a situation like the Essendon one, the ideal thing is to hit them with more picks lost than 2 years.. But that starts to totally cripple a club..

From how it sounds, all penalties were higher.. They talked down each penalty, which is how you would imagine it would work.. Probably wanted to hit us with 3 years picks gone.. We were always going to lose draft picks, I don't think anyone will ever get less than 2 years picks lost for any draft tampering/salary cap breaching charges.. And we were up on salary cap charges as well as draft tampering..

The trouble is when you get a situation like the Essendon one, the ideal thing is to hit them with more picks lost than 2 years.. But that starts to totally cripple a club..
They wouldn't hit a club with 3 years worth of picks after the pain Carlton went through. I have no doubt we could have got lower draft pick penalties if we sacked Trigg.

Fremantle was excluded from just the PSD one year for a minor salary cap breach, while Essendon, Melbourne and Sydney have all copped fines only for exceeding the salary cap in the last 15 years.

They wouldn't hit a club with 3 years worth of picks after the pain Carlton went through. I have no doubt we could have got lower draft pick penalties if we sacked Trigg.

Sometimes it's all part of the bullshit.. The AFL would have never intended it to be 3 years, but they start there to make it look better when they only give you 2 years.. But 2 years was the plan all along..

Carlton would have been offered 3 years, maybe even 4.. Then it gets talked down.. Almost like EBA bargaining and the unrealistic starting points on each side of the fence..

Fremantle was excluded from just the PSD one year for a minor salary cap breach, while Essendon, Melbourne and Sydney have all copped fines only for exceeding the salary cap in the last 15 years.

They were all minor compared to ours.. And that was a different era.. The rules and penalties and professionalism of the game has totally changed..

On another point, I'd love to know where all the leaks are in the AFL.. Yet Vlad says there are no leaks :D:thumbsu:

They were all minor compared to ours.. And that was a different era.. The rules and penalties and professionalism of the game has totally changed..

On another point, I'd love to know where all the leaks are in the AFL.. Yet Vlad says there are no leaks :D:thumbsu:

Ours was extremely minor compared to Carlton's, yet apparently, if not for our behind the scenes negotiating, our penalty would have been extremely similar.

Ours was extremely minor compared to Carlton's, yet apparently, if not for our behind the scenes negotiating, our penalty would have been extremely similar.

Ours was minor compared to Carlton, I wouldn't say extremely minor..
We got desperate over 1 player, and John Reid was leaving the club and wanted to go out holding up The Tippett Cup.. We still broke rules and sent emails saying to not tell the AFL about trades for 2nd round picks.. 1 year of picks lost would have been more appropriate, or even 1 year plus only a 2nd rounder from the next year..

The room to move with draft sanctions is the problem, 3 years is too much for anyone.. We don't need clubs being wrecked.. Which is why the issue with Essendon's sanctions is that they should have never been given that end of 1st round pick..

Remove this Banner Ad

WE need to appeal our sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back