WE need to appeal our sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right Archie.

Demetriou's comments today were totally arse about when comparing AFC and EFC.

Why is he so determined to go ridiculously soft on Essendon?

1) They are a darling Victorian club
2) My bet is that most importantly, the threatened legal action was a HUGE factor

It would be number 1 by far.

It's no accident they're decided to bring up the possibility of SOO to keep WA and SA happy.

They'll pretend that they're going to throw us a bone.

Has it been said how much Hird has to distance himself from the club? "No official role" I was shocked he can attend games, isn't really a Trigg like punishment, it doesn't even sound as strict as Baileys punishment. Surely he can't speak to anyone at the club.

I bet they put him up in a comfortable box to watch games, send him to upcoming teams games. So that he can un officially run things during the week.
The penalties are an absolute joke and are aimed at being the least harmful possible while the AFL still gets to save face.

Hird will be running things with Thompson and return ready for finals...he has got out of this for free. Do we forget his text messages etc that show he was deeply implicit in the whole program.

PLEASE parents and players of Essendon...bring them to account in the courts!!

Its the Vics looking after their own.

We can all be annoyed at Trigg and Chapman for the Tippett saga, however today's comments from Vlad shows that there is a huge disparity with the treatment and subsequent penalties of our conduct and that of Essendon's.

Vlad can spin his bullshit all he likes but it is beyond belief that we lost more draft picks than Essendon. Bomber Thompson admitted that they don't know what they administered to players.
F#@k me, they don't know what they gave players, how the hell can anyone at Essendon put players health at risk. Can't wait for a class action from the parents.

I really hope that WADA/ASADA absolutely smash Essendon once they have finalised their investigation and I really hope Essendon never ever recover from this, this would be the only saving grace to the pathetic penalties dishes out by the AFL.

This is something else I don't get. How can the AFL penalise Essendon if the WADA investigation isn't full completed. What happens if ASADA finds more damning evidence will they increase the penalty? As bad as Trigg, Chapman and the AFC board are the AFL are a disgrace.

How is downgrading the sackings to suspensions winning? o_O

Confirmation that protecting the jobs of the people who caused this ****ing mess were a factor in negotiating our penalty.

Not surprised, and we knew it was the case anyway, but pretty disgusted to have it confirmed.

Confirmation that protecting the jobs of the people who caused this ******* mess were a factor in negotiating our penalty.

Not surprised, and we knew it was the case anyway, but pretty disgusted to have it confirmed.
Keeping his job is the reason Andy D has negotiated down.

It would be number 1 by far.

It's no accident they're decided to bring up the possibility of SOO to keep WA and SA happy.

They'll pretend that they're going to throw us a bone.

Yeah I liked that. Isn't that just pathetic. Unfortunately the ignorant SA masses will take it hook, line and sinker.

This is something else I don't get. How can the AFL penalise Essendon if the WADA investigation isn't full completed. What happens if ASADA finds more damning evidence will they increase the penalty? As bad as Trigg, Chapman and the AFC board are the AFL are a disgrace.

I'd think AFL could increase it.. But ASADA have powers to impose club sanctions if more than 2 players from a team are caught for doping within the same year.. They can give infractions to players and then hit Essendon with more club penalties..

AFL have penalised (laugh) Essendon based on the AFL rules and regulations. WADA/ASADA will hand out penalties based on the drug/anti doping code.
WADA/ASADA will dish out their own penalties and they will be separate to the feather duster slap given by the AFL.

Remember the AFL signed up to the code so the good thing is that the AFL will not be able to do a damn thing about any penalties handed down by WADA/ASADA, they have far greater powers than Vlad and his mates.

Yeah I liked that. Isn't that just pathetic. Unfortunately the ignorant SA masses will take it hook, line and sinker.

We all know it would be a Victoria vs All Stars game anyway. Which is an insult to the other traditional but non Victorian states. How about the AFL doing something that benefits someone other than the Victorian or non traditional Aussie rules states.

AFL have penalised (laugh) Essendon based on the AFL rules and regulations. WADA/ASADA will hand out penalties based on the drug/anti doping code.
WADA/ASADA will dish out their own penalties and they will be separate to the feather duster slap given by the AFL.

Remember the AFL signed up to the code so the good thing is that the AFL will not be able to do a damn thing about any penalties handed down by WADA/ASADA, they have far greater powers than Vlad and his mates.

I have a sneaking suspicion that ASADA will go quiet and this will be the end of it.

No one wants the AFL smashed with the kind of sanctions ASADA is obliged to dish out - I reckon they've made an agreement to take a step back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably better off emailing reporters tbh. Give them the Vlad quote about us not cooperating followed by wotzisface's quote about us cooperating fully. Thats a ready made story. Surely some journo at some paper is looking for an angle to get their name in print.

heck, if it was up to me I'd threaten to boycott rnd 1 at AO. The only thing that scares Vlad is TV ratings

Probably better off emailing reporters tbh. Give them the Vlad quote about us not cooperating followed by wotzisface's quote about us cooperating fully. Thats a ready made story. Surely some journo at some paper is looking for an angle to get their name in print.

heck, if it was up to me I'd threaten to boycott rnd 1 at AO. The only thing that scares Vlad is TV ratings

Caro would dine out on it :hearts:

I have a sneaking suspicion that ASADA will go quiet and this will be the end of it.

No one wants the AFL smashed with the kind of sanctions ASADA is obliged to dish out - I reckon they've made an agreement to take a step back.

I hope you're wrong KE.

If WADA/ASAD do nothing they will become a laughing stock and they will have no relevance, none.
If you're right that they go quiet then yes Vlad has made an agreement to protected his Victorian mates.

Suffice to say that the events over the last 12 months show that the AFL and Commission don't give two shits about a national competition unless you are a Victorian club.
I would like to know how many members of the AFL Commission are from outside Victoria, off the top of my head I guess 1.

does anyone think there is more to come for the bombers from asada f*** I hope so, Vladimir is a fat greasy f*** and I hope karma catches up with him in the form of an out of contol bus next time he crosses the road to go to KFC

ASADA is not finished. I believe players will receive infractions by end of year. So too will personnel who supplied and administered prohibited substances.

I hope you're wrong KE.

If WADA/ASAD do nothing they will become a laughing stock and they will have no relevance, none.
If you're right that they go quiet then yes Vlad has made an agreement to protected his Victorian mates.

Suffice to say that the events over the last 12 months show that the AFL and Commission don't give two shits about a national competition unless you are a Victorian club.
I would like to know how many members of the AFL Commission are from outside Victoria, off the top of my head I guess 1.

ASADA/WADA don't give a crap who you are or where you're from.. If they think you have taken banned substances, they will hit you.. We are nobody to WADA compared to sports in the big countries.. And if ASADA go too easy, WADA will come over the top.. The problem at the moment is being able to say they definitely took banned substances, even though it very much appears that way.. I think they are in some trouble..

Absolutely. One we brought entirely upon ourselves.

A legally binding contract signed under the assumption that illegal actions were going to be taken! Once that is revealed, the contract is no longer legally binding.

Also, the inducements were not valid. There is a reason we didn't declare them.

Yes, he was "on our books" from the point of view of the number of players on our list, but he wasn't our commodity to trade anymore.

Not all terms and warranties invalidate the entire contract

There is no reason to assert he was not our commodity to trade anymore.

our punishments for example did not have to include losing his commodity value.

I'd think AFL could increase it.. But ASADA have powers to impose club sanctions if more than 2 players from a team are caught for doping within the same year.. They can give infractions to players and then hit Essendon with more club penalties..

I'm not sure about that. I think all team penalties are at the discretion of the AFL Commission. I believe this was negotiated with ASADA/WADA at the time of signing up for the code. That doesn't mean they can't slap bans on all of the players though.

Punishment being seen to match the crime is the justification. Draft fiddling gets punished with draft sanctions, so that's the excuse for us to be reamed. Coach acting in reckless and inconscionable manner sees coach suspended for a year. (Why not permanently rubbed out?). But that's no punishment whatsoever because Golden Boy is merely a figurehead coach. Bomber is still there to do the business. The $2 mill is meaningless. So the Bombers weasel out of the most shameful and egregious episode in the history of the AFL, with little more than a paddle on the arse. What a crock. I'm pretty much over this shit. Central and Western Australian Football League, anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

WE need to appeal our sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back