WE need to appeal our sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

This is outrageous. People listen up. We need to take control of this situation and picket the Crows headquarters until the board are rolled

Just mentioned on the TV, no draft pick losses, just points in a now lost season, fines and suspended coaches.

******* disgrace IMO if this pans out. I'm just about done with the AFL.

They have already given Melbourne back their fine with 300% interest and now if we end up worse off than Essendon after what theyve done, I'm done with AFL football.

******* joke!!

yep because essendon are a MELBOURNE based club. Am I the only one that sees that we are continually stopped from getting an even playing field (just watch the prelim final from last year!!! FFS), Dean Bailey's suspension? wtf? this ridiculously soft penalty for Essendon...I can't follow the football anymore. It's heartbreaking for me I can't do it. I'm going to write a letter to Rob Chapman and to the AFL and explain why I can't follow the AFL anymore. I'm done

Its like we are in a nightmare that just keeps on giving. All the commentators and journos in tonights game have said Essendon won't lose multiple years draft picks as the AFL is conscious how losing draft picks set Carlton back 10 years. Wtf are we that invisible as a club that not one of these guys has mentioned the same penalty was recently handed to the AFC. If Essendon dont lose draft picks it wil just go to show how little the AFL care about the AFC and just how easily Trigg and Chapman rolled over.

Hearing this shit at half time??? Talking no draft picks lost cos that "would be like a 10 year penalty" so its much more "palatable" for Essendon to lose points. No shit their season is in the toilet. Losing points does absolutely Sweet. ****. All to them.

So we get a 10 year penalty for a dodgy contract we didn't actually benefit from and they get nothing for risking the physical wellbeing of 40 young men? I'm out of this shit league with my money if that flies
Was that just the commentators talking sharing their opinion or was it the inside word of what's going down?

nope...the reason why this has been resolved is because the have negotiated no loss of draft picks....essendon will say that its fair because they won't be playing in finals but we all know they will get belted in teh finals anyway...thats why they've agreed to it
Since when does the club get the option of taking the lesser punishment?

Could we have taken the smacked bottom instead? In comparison thats what we should have been offered.

Essendon should be losing their points and draft picks and coaches and massive fines.

****ing joke.

Its like we are in a nightmare that just keeps on giving. All the commentators and journos in tonights game have said Essendon won't lose multiple years draft picks as the AFL is conscious how losing draft picks set Carlton back 10 years. Wtf are we that invisible as a club that not one of these guys has mentioned the same penalty was recently handed to the AFC. If Essendon dont lose draft picks it wil just go to show how little the AFL care about the AFC and just how easily Trigg and Chapman rolled over.
That can't be the rationale given by the AFL otherwise they will have no choice but to give us our picks back

Was that just the commentators talking sharing their opinion or was it the inside word of what's going down?

Both.

Don't worry guys I've just received an email from the club which says that in light of recent events they are going to contest our harsh penalties. They reckon they can get some of Triggys fine refunded.

Jenny, they (WADA) found the actual drugs and injections in Lance Armstrong hotel room and still could not charge him. They also found it in Jobie Daker (RIP) car and bin and coud not charge him.

They will not charge them, they will want to but won't as they can not make anything stick.

You know what's happened to Lance right? o_O

This has got nothing to do with positive tests. A VFL player got done for attempting to import a banned substance. Never received it. Never even saw it. 18 month (effectively two seasons) ban.

Some guest reporter bell end from 7 news in Melbourne being interviewed by Bruce. Talking it up like the inside word.

I keep saying it. We are stuck in the worst position as a club who is just average, not a poor club like Melbourne who can't afford to get punished. Not big enough where their would be a backlash that would effect them if they punished us like Essendon. We are the perfect team to make an example of, away from all the media spotlight in Victoria, don't get the big money making time slots and games, won't lose many more members but strong enough to pay our own way.

Since when does the club get the option of taking the lesser punishment?

Could we have taken the smacked bottom instead? In comparison thats what we should have been offered.

Essendon should be losing their points and draft picks and coaches and massive fines.

******* joke.
Mate if Essendon don't receive the penalty that we all know hurts the most I.e. loss of draft picks...Im done with this game..

Some guest reporter bell end from 7 news in Melbourne being interviewed by Bruce. Talking it up like the inside word.
Please tell me it wasn't Jon Ralph? Because if he thinks they arent losing draft picks then they will be losing 5 years worth

Please tell me it wasn't Jon Ralph? Because if he thinks they arent losing draft picks then they will be losing 5 years worth

Mark Stevens and Harley with Bruce sort of agreeing. Amazingly no mention that we just effectively lost 3 years worth if picks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what's happened to Lance right? o_O

And it took 8 years to catch him.

This has got nothing to do with positive tests. A VFL player got done for attempting to import a banned substance. Never received it. Never even saw it. 18 month (effectively two seasons) ban.

I understand all of this but his case didn't take 7 or 8 months to be investigated.

And it took 8 years to catch him.
I understand all of this but his case didn't take 7 or 8 months to be investigated.

His case DID take 7 months to be investigated. He missed all of last year and this year. Can play again next year. The statute of limitations on doping cases is 7 years (I believe) in this country.

His case DID take 7 months to be investigated. He missed all of last year and this year. Can play again next year. The statute of limitations on doping cases is 7 years (I believe) in this country.

When the players are issued with drug notices, you can say "I told you so" but I won't be holding my breath.

Do you really think the AFL will ban the players and then put a virtual reserves side on the ground ervy week for 6 months? if u think the AFL will do that, and you need to think about all the money they'd lose by doing that, then you are a complete moron

Do you really think the AFL will ban the players and then put a virtual reserves side on the ground ervy week for 6 months? if u think the AFL will do that, and you need to think about all the money they'd lose by doing that, then you are a complete moron

No need for the last part.

Play the ball, not the man (or women in this case)'

Mate if Essendon don't receive the penalty that we all know hurts the most I.e. loss of draft picks...Im done with this game..

we need to take action. I'm living in Perth at the moment but I will take time off from work and fly to Adelaide to picket. I just need people to join me

AFL don't get a choice. ASADA issue the infractions and recommend the penalty. If AFL fall short of that recommendation, either ASADA OR WADA can appeal. AFL signed up to the WADA code.

Remove this Banner Ad

WE need to appeal our sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back