List Mgmt. Weak Flog Jake Lever Requests Trade to Melbourne, Causes Player Revolt

Where will Jake Lever end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike putting mock trades together but reading a couple got my thoughts going.

Lever to Collingwood for Pick 6 and their second (36).
Cameron & Pick 6 to Brisbane for Pick 1.
Pick 1 and our second (35) to Carlton for Pick 3 & Gibbs.

We lose: Lever, Cameron
We gain: Pick 3, Gibbs, Pick 36.

Carlton gain: Pick 1, 35
Carlton lose: Gibbs, Pick 3.

Collingwood gain: Lever
Collingwood lose: Pick 6, 36.

Brisbane gain: Cameron, Pick 6.
Brisbane lose: Pick 1.

I feel dirty posting a mock trade. One and only!
Not enough. The pick we gain needs to be at worst, mid 20's.

I dislike putting mock trades together but reading a couple got my thoughts going.

Lever to Collingwood for Pick 6 and their second (36).
Cameron & Pick 6 to Brisbane for Pick 1.
Pick 1 and our second (35) to Carlton for Pick 3 & Gibbs.

We lose: Lever, Cameron
We gain: Pick 3, Gibbs, Pick 36.

Carlton gain: Pick 1, 35
Carlton lose: Gibbs, Pick 3.

Collingwood gain: Lever
Collingwood lose: Pick 6, 36.

Brisbane gain: Cameron, Pick 6.
Brisbane lose: Pick 1.

I feel dirty posting a mock trade. One and only!
I'm certain Carlton wouldn't do that trade.

Ok, so were we to be successful Saturday (touch wood, fingers crossed...whatever else I have to do to give us good luck), do we think that there is any chance Lever might just turn around and change his mind and stay?? I mean, why leave a young premiership team with (I hope and pray daily) the potential to play in finals for the next few years at least for one that hasn't played in a final in years, let alone won a GF since the days when Lyndon Johnson was still US President, the Beatles toured Adelaide and Cassius Clay beat Sonny Liston??

As for Charlie - I think he will stay and not seek to be traded next year. If he doesn't, after Friday's effort surely (a year out from the end of his contract), he is worth their current pick 12??

Success can work both ways. I think it was Ryan O'Keefe who was basically out the door of the swans. They then won their flag and he signed on to a decent contract. Of course Lever can also say Ive done my part and helped get them the flag and then walk away feeling good about it.

Success can work both ways. I think it was Ryan O'Keefe who was basically out the door of the swans. They then won their flag and he signed on to a decent contract. Of course Lever can also say Ive done my part and helped get them the flag and then walk away feeling good about it.

I think that was more to do with him not wanting to risk the draft, a deal wasn't getting done, i think with the Hawks, so he decided he'd prefer to stay.

yeah, pick 35 may as well be a packet of Burger Rings at the Carlton recruiting department.

the difference between #3 and #1 could be more significant than you think depending on the draft pool however...

giphy.gif

If you say it enough times, it'll happen.

I think that was more to do with him not wanting to risk the draft, a deal wasn't getting done, i think with the Hawks, so he decided he'd prefer to stay.

I thought he signed the week after GF and it didnt even reach trade week.

No mystery with O’Keefe

Hawthorn pulled their interest in a trade

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...e/news-story/ffc04ec07969b3359d1eb9ca03174fd9

They had offered and agreed their first round pick for o’keefe Before changing their minds

Having been determined to keep their pick and then drafting Ryan ****ing Schoenmakers, I might argue that this is what led to them to the trading frenzy over the next few years

The other interesting thing about this article

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arc...e/news-story/ffc04ec07969b3359d1eb9ca03174fd9

Is the following passage for those feeling themselves up about the 2018 draft and all this superdraft rubbish

“A meeting of the Hawthorn football department yesterday changed the expected course of events, with the Hawks figuring it would not be wise to enter one of the strongest drafts in years, and the last uncompromised draft for five or more years, as late as the back end of the second round.”

2008 turned out to be a shitty shitty piece o crap draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other interesting thing about this article

Is the following passage for those feeling themselves up about the 2018 draft and all this superdraft rubbish

“A meeting of the Hawthorn football department yesterday changed the expected course of events, with the Hawks figuring it would not be wise to enter one of the strongest drafts in years, and the last uncompromised draft for five or more years, as late as the back end of the second round.”

2008 turned out to be a shitty shitty piece o crap draft.
But, but, but... superdraft!

Interesting that in some of the 3 minutes of screen time we got, the On the Couch reporter guy mentioned we may have one more offer to Lever once the GF is done and out of the way.

Melbourne have offered 900k for 5 years :eek: Not sure we can get close.

Still think he's gone, but nice for a 0.1% glimmer

Interesting that in some of the 3 minutes of screen time we got, the On the Couch reporter guy mentioned we may have one more offer to Lever once the GF is done and out of the way.

Melbourne have offered 900k for 5 years :eek: Not sure we can get close.

Still think he's gone, but nice for a 0.1% glimmer
Our highest offer is going to be quite a gap to the Dees offer.

Best we can hope for is he can see success & sign on for couple more years for less.

He is going to need to weigh up success v more money.

Our highest offer is going to be quite a gap to the Dees offer.

Best we can hope for is he can see success & sign on for couple more years for less.

He is going to need to weigh up success v more money.

2 years at 600K after we win this year, then go for the 3 peat :p

Become an AA. Get paid over $1mil for 4 then by some minnow :)

One can only hope at this stage of the deal.......

Does winning a flag make it easier for CC and Leaver to leave the club? They can tick off the flag column on the resume and move on to a new club.

MCrouch 2018 Brownlow Winner

Does winning a flag make it easier for CC and Leaver to leave the club? They can tick off the flag column on the resume and move on to a new club.

MCrouch 2018 Brownlow Winner
Which feeling will be the strongest ? "brotherhood....must stick together" versus "ahh, we made it....and now the job is done"

The extra offer that was mentioned on 'On the couch' may have to do with Cameron. If Cameron goes and we go to the draft with his list spot then we may throw the difference in money at Lever. Jay Clarke seems to think the 900k rumours are a fair way off so we may have a chance to compete (providing it actually is a question of money).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back