Week one of the finals all out of Victoria ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs have two very easy games coming up, WCE their third tough encounter in a row (Crows in Adelaide). More than likely the Dogs will finish 6th and host them at the MCG in Week 1.
Adelaide coming off consecutive 6 day breaks and a showdown, if we had NN I'd give us a chance but not now.

it's a bad thing to complain about a bad stadium? if anything we want it improved and held to a higher standard.
whilst certainly no expert i've been to twickenham, old trafford, and ny giants stadium to name a few, and recently went to etihad - it's better than all of those. not sure why the hate?

Eithad surely.

Unlikely if there are no other Vic finals. Potential for a better crowd/atmosphere and contractual obligations will mean the AFL probably schedule it for the MCG. If we were in the same position and hosting an interstate side, I'd imagine Simonds would also be off-limits.

The Bulldogs could still finish 5th if results fall their way (win both of their remaining games, NM def GWS and Crows def WCE), meaning they draw North in Week 1. That would 100% be at the MCG and might be the more ideal matchup for them given North's poor recent form.

Even if we assume for a second no huge left field results (a month ago, no-one would have given Melbourne a chance against Hawthorn, West Coast or Gold Coast a chance against GWS or Richmond a chance against Geelong, yet two happened and the other two came about as close as you can possibly get to happening), either Adelaide beats West Coast, which means the Bulldogs almost certainly leapfrog them into sixth, or West Coast beats Adelaide, which means Geelong or Hawthorn almost certainly leapfrog them into second.

With that in mind, Adelaide v West Coast should hopefully be a cracker next week. Winner plays at home in the first week of finals, loser almost certainly travels east.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, Melbourne supporters are up and about.
Posting in this thread like they are relevant
And look at you doing exactly the same thing

What is the lowest position a team finishing 15-7 has ever finished?

If the eagles lose next week and drop to 7th surely it's the lowest ever for 15 wins? The Dogs are likely to be 16-6 and sixth. It's frustrating, more often than not 16 wins would be top 4 comfortably.

If the eagles lose next week and drop to 7th surely it's the lowest ever for 15 wins? The Dogs are likely to be 16-6 and sixth. It's frustrating, more often than not 16 wins would be top 4 comfortably.
Eagles finished 16 6 for 2nd last year

whilst certainly no expert i've been to twickenham, old trafford, and ny giants stadium to name a few, and recently went to etihad - it's better than all of those. not sure why the hate?

While not as well travelled as you I have been to MetLife. It was bloody horrendous. And they decided to host a SuperBowl there?!!?

Don't complain about Etihad. It's first class.

Yeah it's bullshit and its likely to happen that way but the way I see it is if you compare the 15 wins and 7th to the whole season as a whole. We will finish on 15 wins and a trip to the MCG week 1. You will finish 6th on 16 wins (enough for top 4 in every other year, hell we finished 2nd last year on 16 wins), which sucks also. GWS are in the same boat. Hawks and Geelong will finish 3rd and 4th on 17 wins which is rare too. So look at it from just a 2016 perspective. It's just been one of those weird seasons.

Next weeks news: AFL scraps interstate teams and all clubs are relocated to Victoria to make sure Hawks play at the G.

West Coast -> Eaglemont
Fremantle -> Docklands
Adelaide -> (c)Rowville
Port Adelaide -> Port Melbourne
Sydney -> South Melbourne
GWS Giants -> Glen Waverley South
Brisbane -> Fitzroy
Gold Coast -> Sunshine

There had been 33 posts when you posted this and of the 33 posts only 3 of them were from Melbourne fans. I think you are so scared of Melbourne right now that you are seeing them everywhere.
Oh you can count?
Haha why don't you count the amount of days it's been since my mob lost to Melbourne? Fear lol

Run along

I do wonder how that study into why Victorian clubs are not winning premierships is going.

Well, only three different Victorian teams have won the premiership this century, and only six different Victorian teams in the last 35 years. If we go back 49 years, we can allow one more team - three Victorian clubs haven't tasted success in half a century.

Remove this Banner Ad

Week one of the finals all out of Victoria ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back