Week one of the finals all out of Victoria ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, only three different Victorian teams have won the premiership this century, and only six different Victorian teams in the last 35 years. If we go back 49 years, we can allow one more team - three Victorian clubs haven't tasted success in half a century.

That's incorrect

Been plenty of time only 1 or 2 finals in Melbourne in recent decades or none at all in second or third week.
Not sure why you so hung up about the first week.
If there was no finals in Melbourne in week one but two prelim finals it still averages out over the weeks. Certainly been weeks before where none were on in Melbourne. I get far more concerned for the game when there is no day finals during a weekend. The talk of a Thursday night final in week one at expense of a day final is far more of a concern to me than how many finals there are in Melbourne during week one.

I prefer day finals so much more but accept the sad commercial tv deal reality there will always be about half of them now at night. When it becomes 80% to 90% it is a real shame. The finals at G between Carlton and Essendon in day then Richmond and Carlton had the old finals footy atmosphere of the G in last four or five years. The others at night seem to lose something of feel in comparison and forgettable unless a really close game. Those others finals were not even close but remember them as big finals with great atmosphere during the day.

Anyway, in top 4 chances are one or two of Hawks and Cats will be in it so that means if they were to end 1 v 4 you might find that means one is guaranteed a final at MCG in week three and the loser there in week two so you end up with guaranteed situation of no weekend with no finals in Melbourne.

The weirdest one would be not a final in Melbourne to prelim final weekend which doubt happened before but could happen if Geelong and Hawks ended up 3rd and 4th and Dogs and North 7th and 8th. Then what would happen is no finals in Melbourne week one and if Cats and Hawks win away, the second week finals would also be all interstate and then prelim final weekend both prelim finals in Melbourne.

Lots of different scenarios could still play out. The top 8 order is far from settled.

Last edited:

After our non-existent display tonight against the Eagles, could this signal the first time there hasn't been a single final in Melbourne in week one?

Swans and Crows look to be top two, and if we beat Collingwood next week, we should keep fourth, leaving GW Sydney and WCE as 5th and 6th.

Would be a flat start to the finals here in Melbourne if that's the case !
I remember the first time my young kids slept at someone elses house. A bit strange. No one died. Got used to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling about the dees game they have a game style that could push us and would that not put us out of top 4?
Win both games and yeah your right top 3 locked in

If you were playing Dees at MCG I would give them a chance. You guys on home deck knowing the wind patterns will mean quite an advantage and you guys knowing you want a top 4 spot will not drop it after already dropping games to my boys, Pies and Saints.

Hawks get flogged by GWS - the sky is falling in, GSW to dominate the next century!
Hawks get flogged by WC - the sky is falling in, no finals in Vic!

The rest of us Victorians don't share your concern.

:openmouth:Who's this GSW mob, and why were they allowed into in the comp to threaten us traditional teams. Come on guys let's band together and get them kicked out.

Oh fun times. Another discussion on which year the last century and millennium ended and the new began. I'm happ to adjudicate. Ist let me know.

Oh you can count?
Haha why don't you count the amount of days it's been since my mob lost to Melbourne? Fear lol

Run along

You've made more posts about Melbourne than the Melbourne supporters in this thread.

Think you might be obsessed mate.

Oh you can count?
Haha why don't you count the amount of days it's been since my mob lost to Melbourne? Fear lol

Run along

Pretty chirpy for a bloke who is about to witness his club freefall to the bottom of the ladder for the next decade. Make sure you use your counting skills to count the days between your wins too, because they will be few and far between and your club is in for a world of hurt.

The way your club has recruited the last 5 years thinking it is a genuine premiership chance has been embarrassing in all honesty.

Run along

:openmouth:Who's this GSW mob, and why were they allowed into in the comp to threaten us traditional teams. Come on guys let's band together and get them kicked out.

I know Durant was a big recruit for the Golden State Warriors but I can't see a team consisting of Curry and Durant having the same type of cohesion that Sydney or Adelaide have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Week one of the finals all out of Victoria ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back