Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 2)

Great podcast last week. Wondering if you can talk about trades this week.

If Nathan Bock doesn't get a club suspension i wont be forced to trade (have cover for raines and anthony). So my question is this. Do i use a "Luxury trade"? Should i hold onto my 20 trades or should i look to use one for someone that isn't performing like S Hill.

Great podcast last week. Wondering if you can talk about trades this week.

If Nathan Bock doesn't get a club suspension i wont be forced to trade (have cover for raines and anthony). So my question is this. Do i use a "Luxury trade"? Should i hold onto my 20 trades or should i look to use one for someone that isn't performing like S Hill.

Yeah that'd be an interesting topic for sure... cover both situations - the decisions faced by injury ravaged DTers (like me)... but also the lucky buggers (my missus) who have the 'luxury trade' options as he calls it above... where you could name a team without trades, but could swap a rookie iffy to a rookie performer 'if you wanted' (eg Hill > Cheney; or Anthony > Rich/Beams/Robinson... when you dont really HAVE to)

HAHA, jizzed in my pants funny as :)

Fanfooty Chat, I "need" player x to get 150 :) funny as :)

Bocky screwed me too, but i am keeping him. Too good to trade out. Thanks for answering that, confirmed my thoughts. Tiser this morning think he will miss 3, but time will tell. Broughton get a game :)

Heath Hocking for 213k looks interesting. I have Hill in the mids, so pondering Hill to Hocking (use 70k from bank) or Zaka (and get 50k into bank). It isn't for on ground 7th mid, so might go to Zaka.

Gibbs racking them up, but they are all uncontested, surely someone will eventually just put a crap run with player near him. Put your best tagger on Juddy, send a hack to gibbs.

Awesome stuff, no rambling, on great info and very funny, best audio podcast out there (I have to stick with my DT Talk boys for best podcast overall).

Great chat guys...

To the last page comments on Gibbs.
Gibbs get unconested ball because he knows where to be.
And Carlton have too many more damaging players to tagg him.

Gibbs is a good user although hes not massively damaging.
Players like judd, its not unusual for them to grab the tap down, turn on the burner and kick onto the chest of a leading forward... not tagging these players hurts too much to bother with someone who racks up some stats but isnt a game breaker.

Re: Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 3)

Solid work guys, loved listening to it. Keep it up :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback and kind words.

I've had numerous questions PM'd and emailed to me, so we'll be introducing a "mailbag" segment each week, beginning with this week. Will basically be a segment where we answer a question or two submitted to us that we think a large portion of the DT population can relate to. We'll also be offering up a prize each week to someone who submits a question to the mailbag segment. The prize is something simple but GOLD for your dreamteam's prospects.

Submit questions to one of the following:

-post it in this thread
-PM me
-email dreamteamlord@gmail.com

Massive round so look forward to publishing episode 4.

1. View on Leigh Harding as a 7th backman keeper.

2. Thoughts on what people should do with Heath Shaw. Never played DT b4, love watching Shaw play... so I bought him as a 4th back over Gilbee.

Suspension, Injury problems, 160 BE (363,300 price)

Im looking at a straight swap for Fisher... who should cut up Freo this week.

3. What to do with Trent Potential

hmm scratch that... Heather only got a week...gonna rethink what im going to do

Ahh, and a nice call by Cosmo at the end "watch Harding get a sub 70" and he did.

Although not sure on the Hill, spud, "I called this one" after seeing a nice 71 from Hill :) (and glad i backed him in).

Ahh, and a nice call by Cosmo at the end "watch Harding get a sub 70" and he did.

Although not sure on the Hill, spud, "I called this one" after seeing a nice 71 from Hill :) (and glad i backed him in).

To be fair to Harding, missed the last half of the final qrt and was just coming into the game. I am still feeling unlucky that he got injured rather then a bad decision. Seems that he is fine so hopefully another ton this week!

^ TBH molly, the bit that concerns me was that he went down in serious pain, came back on for a couple of minutes and went off again. If he didn't damage the knee seriously, there is every chance of this recurring next week, or the week after... it was a very inoccuous movement. A player like Harding plays on confidence, and having no confidence in the integrity of your knee... ?

FL - I reckon this could be a good week to discuss the rucks. There are some fellas avg more than Cox and/or well above what they would be expected to (Jolly, Fraser, McIntosh, Kreuzer); but are they the real deal? Similarly there are a few names not performing up to expectations (Hille, Simmonds) - will they come good? And the others... Cox, Sandilands, Petrie; what do we expect from them?

FL - I reckon this could be a good week to discuss the rucks. There are some fellas avg more than Cox and/or well above what they would be expected to (Jolly, Fraser, McIntosh, Kreuzer); but are they the real deal? Similarly there are a few names not performing up to expectations (Hille, Simmonds) - will they come good? And the others... Cox, Sandilands, Petrie; what do we expect from them?

A good idea bax... i ended up swapping in kreuzer for you know who in the missus' ruck... only to have him have that nice head wound interrupt his scoring dammit... but Im sure he'll come good this week! But yeah it'd be an interesting discussion on ruck options, and timing / choices for upgrades for those who went the upgrade option vs lock in 2 and leave option in the rucks

Tell me about it, borderline with boomer harvey on worst money spent. Great question, Jolly certainly seems to be enjoying himself racking them up at will.

If you have a look at Jollys 3 scores he got a 69 vs stk then 2 100+ scores against lions and hawks who dont have any ruck stocks...
He wont keep his form up

will simmonds continue with his poor form... hopefully he can prove himself this week v melbourne

This could perhaps be broadened into a segment based on under-performing guns from all positions. Just going through a few of them and maybe why they're under-performing and what the outlook is for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Weekly Podcast - Dream Team Ruined My Life (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back