List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

After acquiring Bailey Smith, Geelong's 2024 draft order is 45, 57, 75, 93, 111, 129.

We will have to go extremely deep in the draft to fill all the spaces left in our list. I can see Geelong needing to choose 2 or 3 players after all other teams have dropped out. Not unlike last year's draft.

Last edited:
I honestly think Geelong is being a little tight about Smith.

Remember how much we demanded for Tim Kelly?

I think Geelong should throw in a future 2nd or 3rd. I think he is worth that.

Pick 20 or so by itself seems unders for a gun like Smith and is short changing the Dogs a bit I think.

Typical Mackie Behaviour. Wells would not have been this tight.

Geelong Kelly was a lot better than Smith has ever been.

He was a very good player in the Geelong system when surrounded by absolute champions, who was shown up to be no where near good as people expected as soon as he left.

He went to WCE to play a Geelong role only for their midfield to all go down with long term injuries and him having to carry it.

He's been fine for them, his role just changed through necessity.

Love Bowers development this year, also Bruhn. Hopefully this is Clarke’s breakout year, for some in tight smaller, quicker zip and add Smith as bigger inside/outside. I think ruck is an issue but the wild card is actually Mitch Edwards as an athletic ruck coming on later in the year. Ain’t it grand to support a club that wont lie down ?
Clark needs to put on some mass in the pre season. Looks like kid amongst men.

After acquiring Bailey Smith, Geelong's 2024 draft order is 45, 57, 75, 93, 111, 129.

We will have to go extremely deep in the draft to fill all the spaces left in our list. I can see Geelong needing to choose 2 or 3 players after all other teams have dropped out. Not unlike last year's draft.

Don’t tell anyone but they are looking at a kid overlooked by Freo this year called Dawson Wumphries.

I think there’s a good chance Geelong supporters will be a bit disappointed with Smith, at least in 2025.

That’s because (a) he’s not the superstar some think he is and (b) the ACL will be a drag.

We only need to have 36 on the senior list, we currently have 33 - so we only need to add three in the national draft. We could also trade back in like we did to get Holmes.

We have no Cat A rookies so I suspect we'll be much more active in the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back