List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

joe-biden.gif

It's a perfectly cromulent word.

It sounds like big dollars but isn't the salary cap going up in a couple years? I remember hearing something about that from either Ralphy or Jay Clarke a month or two ago...anyway...people seem to forget we're like 1 if not 2 as the richest club in the league, if he leaves it's because he wants to go and not because we're being stingey.

Like I keep saying, we survived losing Judd and Cousins within a week of each other, we'd survive if Reid left.

Don't really care about the speculation but this is all coming down to there just being no real point of talking about it this year. Unless some club wants to trade away their best three (or more) players none of them would have the trade capital to make us move this year or next, and even for Harley and the club there isn't exactly a rush to figure out what he's going to get in 2026 and 27.

In any event, have ANY of the first rounders from last year signed a fourth year deal yet? I don't think they have? Until that starts happening there is absolutely nothing to stress about.

(Also given the trajectory of the salary cap in 10 years $1.8m a year probably won't even be close to the highest paid player 🤷‍♂️)

I don’t know why anyone’s worried though. We all knew the pricktorian media would be bending over for him (even this quickly) the second we stole him. He’s 11 games in and has 2 years on his deal. Don’t stress

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we could move the never ending trade discussion about Harley to the trade thread? I keep coming here thinking there’s some interesting announcement or highlight video etc. but it’s just the same old media garbage
I’m more than happy to start a thread for it to keep that rubbish away from this

He is going to be like an absolute bull at a gate this week I reckon.

It will be like taking a teenagers Xbox away for 2 weeks. They count down the days, hours and minutes until they get it back.

Just hope he doesn't do anything silly or hurt himself going too hard.

Gonna be a fun first few minutes to watch though.

He is going to be like an absolute bull at a gate this week I reckon.

It will be like taking a teenagers Xbox away for 2 weeks. They count down the days, hours and minutes until they get it back.

Just hope he doesn't do anything silly or hurt himself going too hard.

Gonna be a fun first few minutes to watch though.
Wonder what Hawks/Mitchell have planned for him?

Could see a Connor Nash or a Finn Maginness going to him, they would have seen what Windhager did
Windhager brings with him a separate rule book. He turns his back on the ball and the play in general and seeks to ****** and grapple his opponent endlessly. God knows how he gets away with that crap.

Sorry to intrude.
I grew up in the west and have a huge soft spot for west coast... Less so for Freo lol
I personally hope you guys keep and he tears other clubs apart (especially the vic clubs...not so much brissy). Y'all need to find him a missus and getting him to hunker down in the west

Let's get real here - he's not sitting there encouraging the boys to try a bit of methamphetamine and domestic violence, is he.

He's busted his backside having to prove his way into a lot of the flash roles he finds himself in today - labouring and doing other shit jobs just to get by after his prison days. I also know that he is an excellent father to his kids.

Not only does he bring ridiculous amounts of footy knowledge being the best player in the comp for a number of years, it is clear in his turnaround that he still has that work ethic he was always known for. The personal stuff aside - he was the absolute model trainer back in his day. 18 year old kids, particularly those in the spotlight like Harley with a lifetime of wealth and fame ahead of him, need to learn street smarts and how to make the right decisions on and off the field.

I feel he's exactly who you want around as a mentor, not just at a footy club.. he has a lot of priceless knowledge and wisdom that's only gained through living that life on both sides.

Agree completely. Noones saying he's been a saint, but by jeez he was one hell of a player. And, his almost obsessive outlook (to playing and partying) might hold some salutary lessons for anyone else so inclined.

But maybe we've got some Law and Order types who think you should just throw away the key. No second chances. No redemption. And everything else is just 'woke bullshit'.

Sorry to intrude.
I grew up in the west and have a huge soft spot for west coast... Less so for Freo lol
I personally hope you guys keep and he tears other clubs apart (especially the vic clubs...not so much brissy). Y'all need to find him a missus and getting him to hunker down in the west

Can we trade in briztoon for this guy?😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back