List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Hutchinson (Pick 3, 2024 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched his debut at an Inverloch pub & chatted with a couple of folks who knew Jack growing up. Was told he had little serious interest at all in footy til really late, more into his surfing.

Only other thing I learned was that a lot of locals had money on him kicking the first, which you could hear audibly when he was out in space in Q1 and burned by Waterman

This kid can play. Agile, hard at it and reads the play. Has an X factor about him.

Look forward to his 2025 after a full preseason at the elite level.

Super promising game today by Jack. Look forward to what he can become once he has a position locked down and his first preseason under his belt.

Wonder if those coaches who see him as a half back will be still at the club next year.

He’s 28, not even close
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 disposals
16 contested possessions (match high)
6 clearances
7 score involvements
5 i50s
2 goal assists
1 goal

Not bad for his 7th game.
And yet folks were melting pre-game about him getting a full run at it.

Seems a natural. Good size and athleticism.

Really solid building blocks. Hopefully gets a good preseason under his belt and a clear run at it

And yet folks were melting pre-game about him getting a full run at it.

Seems a natural. Good size and athleticism.

Really solid building blocks. Hopefully gets a good preseason under his belt and a clear run at it
I was melting because he hasn’t / wasnt performing in the role he was chosen in (six touches in first half). I don’t think anyone questions his natural ability.

I’m very happy we have found his role but the process should still be better.

I was melting because he hasn’t / wasnt performing in the role he was chosen in (six touches in first half). I don’t think anyone questions his natural ability.

I think it’s not that we have a mostly untalented list but rather we’re still finding where the best positions are for many players.

Ginbey might be a good half back. Hutch might be a good midfielder. Maric looks AFL standard but where? Same for Chesser. BWill might be AFL standard but (obviously) not as a first ruck. Dewar? Johnston? Hall? Brockman? Long?

(Or it might be TK to HFF or Yeo to HBF etc.)

I’d rather we’re experimenting shuffling these guys around rather than taking the easy way out by selecting ‘nearly’ players like Petro or Witho. (Or JD or Sheed.)

+1

Thought he’d been given undue opportunities based on very limited exposed form at AFL or WAFL level outside of the 5 goal outing against Perth up in Northam.

Pleasantly surprised at how well he performed on ball in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Hutchinson (Pick 3, 2024 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back