List Mgmt. Jack Martin chooses Geelong as new home

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cats are confident they can help Martin fix his injury issues after another year of soft tissue dramas at Carlton.

Martin will join Geelong as a delisted free agent, costing the club nothing in a trade.

Now to wait on the official paperwork

Super happy with this!

Always happy take a punt on an injury prone talent provided we're not giving up much, and as a DFA, we're not giving us anything.

May Jack's longevity here rival Linc McCarthy's at Brisbane.

When he began to show talent at gold coast I remember nice sticky hands overhead and a very straight shot at goal. Smooth mover but not super quick.

The he joined Carlton and I don't recall anything after that.

When he began to show talent at gold coast I remember nice sticky hands overhead and a very straight shot at goal. Smooth mover but not super quick.

The he joined Carlton and I don't recall anything after that.

He had a good back end to 2023 playing a Gary Rohan type role. 16 goals in 10 games including 4 in 2 finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing how we intend to use him.
Our forward line is pretty settled, but we did miss Rohan's presence as a scoring option this year and Stengle was heavily relied upon during the H&A which might have contributed to him not being at his best late in Sept. Martin hopefully gives us better depth in that area if he can avoid injury.

Get him on the park, you got a great hit for nothing.

Some on BF are pretty harsh on him IMO, he has an amazing toolset and can really play when he gets a proper run at it. Exactly what we needed, but sadly didn't work out... Maybe with the fitness staff you guys have he might have a chance, I hope so personally.

Quality player when fit. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him play a wing/HBF role for us. Good ball user.
Thought he was only a Forward, or a High Forward... Would be good if he offers us flexibility. I think he will be just depth, but better to have players that can compete for spots...

Thought he was only a Forward, or a High Forward... Would be good if he offers us flexibility. I think he will be just depth, but better to have players that can compete for spots...

He’s played forward for the Blues but was a midfielder as a junior. I just see an opportunity for us to play a different role.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jack Martin chooses Geelong as new home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back