Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Alex Neal-Bullen - Traded for Pick 28

Will ANB replace Murphy?

• Yes, Neal-Bullen will push Murphy out of the side

• No, Nicks will pick both Neal-Bullen and Murphy

• No, Murphy will play with Neal-Bullen playing SANFL as depth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 25 (or whatever it is by now) feels on the high end, I'd love to see something else coming back the other way, but I'm not going to lose sleep over
I heard Reid refer to it as pick 28.

I'm not losing sleep either, if it is a player you want and think nakes the team better you get it done. Especially when its so close to fine.

We only have T Murray Keane and Borlase so one Rookie spot available
That will become 2 rookie positions when Keane or Borlase (probably Keane) is upgraded to the senior list.

We need to make a minimum 3x ND selections, less any rookie upgrades. We only have 2 list vacancies across our senior + Cat A rookie lists, so we have to upgrade a rookie to satisfy the AFL's requirement.

Those 2 rookie positions will be filled by senior list players who are contracted for 2025. They will be delisted before the ND, and re-drafted in the RD. We will be committed to re-drafting them, and won't be able to make any "live" selections in the RD (unless someone unexpectedly gazumps us).

It'd take some shuffling (the mechanics have been described here and in other places, I'm too impatient to do it) but it'd be possible to free up space for a third pick, yes.
Not without delisting or trading a contracted senior list player, other than those we're already delisting as part of the "moving to the rookie list" process.

We will have 2 picks in the ND - pick #4 and Welsh.

Not without delisting or trading a contracted senior list player, other than those we're already delisting as part of the "moving to the rookie list" process.

We will have 2 picks in the ND - pick #4 and Welsh.
Yes, that's part of the shuffling I alluded to. Every noise out of the club since Peatling nominated us suggests we'll only take 2 picks. I think that's a slightly unfortunate consequence of some past list management errors, but it is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure why we couldn't get like a 4th rounder back just so we had more to play with in regards to matching a Welsh bid

But in the scheme of things happy Alex is officially a Crow now

Coaches and key administrators who have AFL premiership winning experience
Adam Kelly
Tim Silvers (CFO at Hawthorn during premiership era)
Hamish Ogilvie
Justin Reid
Matthew Nicks

Murray Davis (Brisbane assistant coach)
Scott Burns
Nathan Van Berlo (West Coast assistant coach)
Jack Hombsch
Mick Godden
Matthew Wright
Andrew McPherson

Chelsea Randall (as an AFLW player)
Marco Bello (Hawthorn VFL coach)
Sam Baulderstone

Players with AFL premiership experience
Alex Neal-Bullen

So he would be the 6th person in our main men's football department (including all players) with premiership experience

Last edited:
He needs to be the main voice outside a reduced leadership group of maybe Dawson, Fog and one other.

We need whats left of the old guard in the playing group to start playing the team game and maybe having another Senior voice to back up the current day leaders will help.

Coaches and key administrators who have AFL premiership winning experience
Adam Kelly
Tim Silvers (CFO at Hawthorn during premiership era)
Hamish Ogilvie
Justin Reid
Matthew Nicks

Murray Davis (Brisbane assistant coach)
Scott Burns
Nathan Van Berlo (West Coast assistant coach)
Jack Hombsch
Mick Godden
Matthew Wright
Andrew McPherson

Chelsea Randall (as an AFLW player)
Marco Bello (Hawthorn VFL coach)
Sam Baulderstone

Players with AFL premiership experience
Alex Neal-Bullen

So he would be the 6th person in our main men's football department (including all players) with premiership experience
you forgot ricciuto

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Alex Neal-Bullen - Traded for Pick 28

Back