Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Alex Neal-Bullen - Traded for Pick 28

Will ANB replace Murphy?

• Yes, Neal-Bullen will push Murphy out of the side

• No, Nicks will pick both Neal-Bullen and Murphy

• No, Murphy will play with Neal-Bullen playing SANFL as depth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

McAdam was tracking really well imo. His pre season before that suspension was looking the best I'd seen him. That suspension ****ed him

Was he though? He had 7 touches and 1 goal a very high scoring game in RD 1 of 2023.

And if he is fragile enough where a 3 week stint of being able to train but not play derails a season - then he isnt good enough to make it.

Fact remains when season 2025 starts - he will be 8 weeks away from being 30 with 53 games to his name and 73 goals.

He has kicked 3+ goals 9 times in his career (kicking 4 twice). For someone that talented - he isn't a game winner. His career will go down as a what if.

Bit like the Rankine trade, not unhappy with the trade but did we need to pay that much?
he was contracted. i could ask you the same question about peatling did we really need to part with F2 for an uncontracted. but you all want him so bad so the question is yes. i think the peatling one is more dubious.

he was contracted. i could ask you the same question about peatling did we really need to part with F2 for an uncontracted. but you all want him so bad so the question is yes. i think the peatling one is more dubious.
I feel like he chased us more than we did him though, Melbourne didn’t really have a fall back position, he was going anyway.
Had we pried him out, sure we should have paid up.

A future 2nd is an absolute steal for Peatling.

From rd 19 of this season through the finals - he was GWS #3 midfielder behind Green/Bedford. He attended more centre bounces than Finn Callaghan, Stephen Coniglio and Josh Kelley.

Just a reminder - here are our 2nd round draft picks from the past 10 years - Edwards, Ryan, Soligo, Cook, Berry, Schoenberg, Worrell, O'Connor, Hamill, Wigg. So far 2 out of the 10 have become first choice best 22 players in Soligo/Worrell.

So we are effectively giving up a future 20% chance of landing a best 22 player for a 24 year old with 45 games experience that forced his way into the midfield of a top 4 team to end 2024.

A future 2nd is an absolute steal for Peatling.

From rd 19 of this season through the finals - he was GWS #3 midfielder behind Green/Bedford. He attended more centre bounces than Finn Callaghan, Stephen Coniglio and Josh Kelley.

Just a reminder - here are our 2nd round draft picks from the past 10 years - Edwards, Ryan, Soligo, Cook, Berry, Schoenberg, Worrell, O'Connor, Hamill, Wigg. So far 2 out of the 10 have become first choice best 22 players in Soligo/Worrell.

So we are effectively giving up a future 20% chance of landing a best 22 player for a 24 year old with 45 games experience that forced his way into the midfield of a top 4 team to end 2024.
Maybe Hamish wouldn’t be drafting next year though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Alex Neal-Bullen - Traded for Pick 28

Back