News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

I must say, initially I was a bit dissappointed we traded Grigg for Collins, but then I was listening to Caro on 3AW tonight and she was livid that the Tigers traded Collins away. The fact that she's spewing over this trade makes it all worthwhile.

On a side note she also questioned why the Tigers didn't go after Jeremy Laidler as well. Maybe we did alright in trade week afterall.

Collins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grigg. I'll bet a lifetime ban on it

At the very least i think Collins will be less frustrating than Grigg. Seems to be a bit more of a 'what you see is what you get' kind of player. Grigg seemed to go from not caring, to totally switched on a couple of times in a match. He had all the potential (dirty word) in the world, but continually teased us with his actual output. Questions whether his heart was fully with it this season with him asking to leave the club.

I'm certainly not upset at his loss, and couldn't really have made a fairer trade for both clubs to be honest.

Would have been nice to be able to get a similar equitable deal for Walker this year, but unfortunately wasn't the case.

i wish collins all the best however IMO he will turn out just like chris johnson - i don't know why carlton keep going down the path of getting mediocre players from other clubs that may improve but odds are they wont. We should of got another draft pick, i garauntee it would have been better than pick 73 (or whatever collins was)

On another note im not too worried about losing grigg - we can cover him easily

Been on holidays for a few days and didn't really hear any solid trade news.

I went away thinking we'll get a token pick around 50-60 or nothing for Grigg. When I came back and I heard we got this guy I was wrapped.

He may not fill our most pressing need, but in the end we traded for the absolute best player available. Absolutely stoked.

The consistent feel is that he works his arse off, which is much more than we can say for Grigg who by all reports was lazy at training. Hopefully his hard work will rub off on the group.

Welcome to Carlton :thumbsu:

i wish collins all the best however IMO he will turn out just like chris johnson - i don't know why carlton keep going down the path of getting mediocre players from other clubs that may improve but odds are they wont. We should of got another draft pick, i garauntee it would have been better than pick 73 (or whatever collins was)

On another note im not too worried about losing grigg - we can cover him easily

I reckon its an insult to refer to him as a chris johnson, johnson ain't capable of anything mentioned below:

" juss
BigFooty Member

Richmond

Can't say I've seen much of Grigg but am very dissapointed to having lost Collins.
If you're in need of a smart, natural footballer rather than athlete, good overhead and all heart and courage then you've found him. Collins is a goalkicking HFF/winger who uses it pretty well and makes good decisions. "

We've had plenty of athlete's that we've had to turn into footballers. With Collins it's the reverse. Will be interesting to see his physical transformation over the pre-season. This is the first time he's had access to top-class facilities and player development staff.

:)

Bit of a pity some of the posts here. To me they seem based more on team loyalty than a person's honest opinion. For what it is worth I have been impressed and disaapointed with Grigg in his time at Carlton. Think he has the ability and physical attributes to be a very good player. However for much of his career to me he has lacked discipline. However towards the end of the season he was starting to look like he had turned the corner. I think he would have been in our best 22 either in the 18 or on the bench. From initial reports it would seem that Collins is not as gifted as Grigg but perhaps has strengths in his attitude and determination which are things that will be welcomed at Carlton.

Bit of a pity some of the posts here. To me they seem based more on team loyalty than a person's honest opinion. For what it is worth I have been impressed and disaapointed with Grigg in his time at Carlton. Think he has the ability and physical attributes to be a very good player. However for much of his career to me he has lacked discipline. However towards the end of the season he was starting to look like he had turned the corner. I think he would have been in our best 22 either in the 18 or on the bench. From initial reports it would seem that Collins is not as gifted as Grigg but perhaps has strengths in his attitude and determination which are things that will be welcomed at Carlton.

Hes Plenty gifted, has an inate goal sense and as youve said has a great attitude probabbly the reason why Richmond people want him still at the tiges. Hes a great little player hope he goes well. Can someone shed some light on Grigg for me?????

Hes Plenty gifted, has an inate goal sense and as youve said has a great attitude probabbly the reason why Richmond people want him still at the tiges. Hes a great little player hope he goes well. Can someone shed some light on Grigg for me?????

Many different opinions on Grigg. I still feel his attitude is the key. If he gets it right could play another 150-200 games. I see him as fast, strong and capable of getting plenty of the ball. His disposal has been inconsistent but I do not think that his kicking is beyond being fixed. Would like to see him work on his right foot more though. Whilst tall he is not a dominant mark but can hold his own overhead.In general I would have thought that he would have been a regular for Carlton had he wanted to stay.

Many different opinions on Grigg. I still feel his attitude is the key. If he gets it right could play another 150-200 games. I see him as fast, strong and capable of getting plenty of the ball. His disposal has been inconsistent but I do not think that his kicking is beyond being fixed. Would like to see him work on his right foot more though. Whilst tall he is not a dominant mark but can hold his own overhead.In general I would have thought that he would have been a regular for Carlton had he wanted to stay.

Regular Playing Mid or HBF? From what iv seen of him and its not much he looks like a big bodied midfielder who wins contested ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd describe Grigg as a potential inside/outside mid with good strength on the ball. .. However attitude and lack of poise in his kicking meant he was more a utility or depth midfielder. .. If he works a bit harder he could make a good inside mid. .. If he fixes up his kicking and improves his tank then he could be a serviceable outside midfielder. .. His main problem is he appears to think he is better than he is, for Richmond's sake hopefully Hardwick can set him straight. ..

Regular Playing Mid or HBF? From what iv seen of him and its not much he looks like a big bodied midfielder who wins contested ball.
Knows how to find a heap of the ball wherever he plays, but you'd much rather him getting handballs out of heavy traffic to guys with finishing skills than kicking the ball out of the back line.

David CollinsWelcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

David Collins
David Collins never played a senior game for Carlton, but played 26 reserve games where he scored 29 goals.

His son Andrew was traded to Carlton from Richmond during the 2010 trade period. His son also worn numbers 42 and 24 while at Richmond.
David Collins

I just beat The Blueseum to it. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back