Universal Love Welcome to Carlton Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone concerned he doesn't have any experience as a CEO?
Every great CEO started out as a lateral hire with no CEO experience.
Would much rather roll the dice on a guy of Wright's experience from a different, strong system and an understanding of what a high performing football program looks like. Rather than a scrapheap CEO with existing ideas / Modus operandi that clearly must not have worked out or they would still be in a job.

We got lucky with Cook, dodged and suffered a number of duds preceeding Cook. This keeps us progressing in the right direction.

Good leaders are good leaders. The technical breadth is learnt with experience. Has Cook as a mentor. Very sound appointment to my eye.

This is a great get for the club. Extra set of eyes on the football department and primed to take his next step career wise. Plenty of work to do, but he's got a very good base to start from. Hopefully Cook can pass on some of the wisdom.

Is anyone concerned he doesn't have any experience as a CEO?
Yes. He'll be great for the football operations side of the business, but have no understanding of his commercial and business acumen. Might need a much more hands-on or strong president to lean into that side of the business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the appointment especially having one year to learn under Cook. I suspect he’ll be effectively handed the keys to the football department on Monday while the 12 month apprenticeship will largely focus on the commercial side of the club.

They want to get better by “doing it the right-way”.

Interesting the light that shines on our List Management approach this season…

What would doing it the “wrong-way” look like?

Chips-in, on another high value established player at the cost of bringing in young talent?

I’d love to hear his thoughts on the strategic steps he would take in his first year, if he were given the license.

Another plant just like Malthouse

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair, all previous filth that has come across came at a bad time. Malty was asked to resurrect the club with his hands tied behind his back. We were broke. I know one of his sons well, it was really bad.

Welcome GW. I'm sure things will work out differently this time, we are in a much better position.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I will be surprised if Austin lasts under Wright. Draft 2025 may be his last. Austin will be exposed for his light weight approach to list management in comparison to Wright's aggression

This post aged well in the space of 4 hours 😂

Wright gets appointed and he fires Austin up.

Hahaha, so all the planning and scheming from Curly for the last year was all for nought because Wright decided there needs to be more action and came up with this deal in an afternoon!!!!

Austin has been on record since trading started to be discussed this year that he was after an additional R1 pick and was willing to offer up future picks, but what transpired today was only due to him being worried about his job.

That is a pretty negative outlook even for you MJ!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Carlton Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back