Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#EVERYONELOOKSBETTERINNAVYBLUE :thumbsu:

BXUYeX_CIAEJbFH.jpg

I've got a feeling Doc will be a very popular name around the club for a long time. Only question now is what # Guernsey do we give him?

15, 16, 19 or 20?

Also have 22, 24, 25.

Reckon he'll get 15 but I think 20 has a nice ring to it.

This from the 2011 Mock Draft by KnightMare for those that still don't know much about Doc. Exciting times.

#12 Brisbane - Sam Docherty (VIC - Def)
Height: 185cm, Weight: 85kg, DOB: 17/10/1993
Recruited from: Gippsland Power
Style: Heath Shaw
Player comparison:
Range: 10-25
Profile: Really impressive when he got injected into the champs. Wasn’t part of the original Vic Country side. Back flanker who provides serious dash from defence and looks like a real weapon in the making with that explosive speed of his. Kicking is exceptional and under pressure looks very composed which is a great sign and can use either foot well. Man on man is solid and is an absolute rebounding machine from defence. Allot to like and is a 1st round talent.

EDIT: Also, watching some of his highlights from Brisbane this year, the kid has a bit of agression, can lay a tackle and kick a goal from 50. Already better than Lucas imo. Blood him early and see what he's got.

LINK

The Carlton Football Club is pleased to announce it has secured talented defender Sam Docherty from Brisbane in exchange for a second round draft pick, No.33 overall.
Docherty was recruited to Brisbane from Gippsland Power with pick 12 in the 2011 National Draft.

The 20-year-old made his AFL debut in Round 4 this season and went on to play 13 games, including 11 of the Lions' last 14 matches.
A life-long Carlton supporter, Docherty had expressed a strong desire to return to Victoria.
Docherty says he’s rapt to be back in Victoria, and is excited about playing alongside footballers he has grown up admiring.
“I can’t wait to put the jumper on, it’s a dream come true,” Docherty said.
“Obviously growing up (barracking) for them and now getting here – I can’t think of anything better.”

LINK

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back